Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NEO GEO DRAGON
Thread ID: 97
Thread Info
There are 26 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 9157 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My first anime
NEO GEO DRAGON
My first anime film was Fist of the North Star. Its got a Bruce Lee look-a-like beating the crap out of everyone and scenes of exploding bodies.

I recently got Only Yesterday, but not watched it yet.

Kazuya_UK
Fist was the second anime I saw. The first was Dominion Tank Police Acts 1-4, which I absolutely adored, and then the friend who had that tape recommended I watch Fist of The North Star, which I did and then got absolutely hooked and spent lots of my money on anime stuff, which I then ended up re-buying on DVD years later Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
phry
I remember watching Fist of the North Star on TV a few years back. It was awesome. So cheesy and uber-violent! Grin

The first anime I ever saw was Akira. That was a while back, so I don't remember it too well though. I really must watch it again.

cthulhu
The first anime I saw of which I knew it was anime, was Akira when it came out on video before the first big anime hype in the early 90's. Before that I had already seen anime on Super Channel and Sky Channel but I didn't know it was anime...Robotech (Macross), Macron 1, Star Blazers and probably more I can't remember...it's a long time ago (80's). After Akira it was Hokuto No Ken and Devilman (of which I'm still a big fan).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Mitch The Zombie
Mine was Dominion Tank Police Acts 1-4 also, after that I was hooked then I saw Legend of the Overfiend.....man that was an eye opener at the time, I was only about 15 talk about one extreme to the other eh? LOL
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/MitchMF/PDVD_000.jpg

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
But for me... it was Tuesday.

Raiken
First anime I saw was Voltron. I've seen about 150 anime's by now and still keep watchin em'.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

NEO GEO DRAGON
phry wrote:The first anime I ever saw was Akira. That was a while back, so I don't remember it too well though. I really must watch it again.

Yes you should, the film is still great especially the bike chase, on dvd the picture is crystal clear. Grin

I remember people called anime, manga!!

Yue
My first anime was Ranma 1/2, one of the OVAs. I was very little back then....still like it now, Smile
C'est la vie

sukotsuto
Back in my country, we've had anime before the west (like the rest of the nearby eastern countries.) so at the time when I was watching cartoons I was able to watch Voltes V, Simba the White Lion, Astro Boy, Huckleberry Finn, Peter Pan (the coolest cartoon version ever was that old anime... Capt. Hook w/ gatling gun and guillotine baby!), etc. A lot more before I was born Pfft

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Kazuya_UK
NEO GEO DRAGON wrote:
[quote]phry wrote:I remember people called anime, manga!!

LOL yeah, a lot of people did that here, because a lot of the stuff we had back then was released by Manga Video. I think many people still say it actually... LOL

Kaz

NEO GEO DRAGON
Kazuya_UK wrote:
NEO GEO DRAGON wrote:
[quote]phry wrote:I remember people called anime, manga!!

LOL yeah, a lot of people did that here, because a lot of the stuff we had back then was released by Manga Video. I think many people still say it actually... LOL

Kaz

My friend still does that. LOL Smile

phry
Many of the shows I used to watch as a kid were anime such as Battle of the Planets, Cities of Gold and Ulysses 31. I was just too young to notice. Grin

Kazuya_UK
phry wrote:
Many of the shows I used to watch as a kid were anime such as Battle of the Planets, Cities of Gold and Ulysses 31. I was just too young to notice. Grin

Good point - I did watch Battle of the Planets and Cities of Gold a lot when I was a kid, so I guess THEY were technically my first animes Smile

Kaz

garu21
my first anime was Sandy Bell Roll Eyes & then Candy :redface:&Sailor moon :sweat:
Edited by garu21 on 20. January 2008 23:20

Keita-Kata
My first anime was Sailor Moon. I watched all the episodes, and love them all. I just love girl power. I still continue to watch anime.
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

Will
The colorised tv series of "Gigantor" was the first anime I ever watched. The latest anime I ever watched was my all time favourite "Bleach". I prefer the newer anime tv programmes because they've got smoother edges, better expressions, vast plotlines and fluid movement and flows of liquid (be it rivers, pouring drinks or bloodshed). If I can recall, the first anime I ever played on a computer game was Magical Drop II.

elexandru
The very first? I can't say. I watched Studio Ghibli films (Nausicaa, Tonari no Totoro, Laputa, Porco Rosso, etc.) nonstop when I was really young though, then moved on to actual series in grade school.

bojan4o
oh this is a tough question for me cuz i dont remember the old ones i use to watched as a kid i remember a bits of them but dont know their names well after those one i dont remember first is digimon then pokemon then bayblade highlander chris colorado my fav yu-gi-oh and my all time fav is dragon ball its not my first anime i watched or the last in this list maybe somewhere in the middle by the way i also had watched fatal fury art of fighting vf gowcaizer and kof thats it i think if i remember of any other i 'll tell you

next on my list to watch is hokuto no ken
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

NeoStrayCat
1st Anime ever watched: Sailor Moon

1st Anime Movie ever watched: Street Fighter II

Enough Said! Thumbs Up
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Master Tasuke
my first was ROBOTECH. it got me into Anime around 1993/94.

i was staying up at my grandma's for christmas of '95,
and she rented me both AKIRA and FIST OF THE NORTH STAR.
GREAT subject material for X-Mas, huh?

after that, came MACROSS II and MACROSS PLUS.
the first Anime that i ever saw that focused on
human relationships was TENCHI MUYO, and that
was only marginal. TM was also the source of my first
Anime crush way back when; princess Ayeka Masaki Jurai.
sure took me forever to get over her
and realize how much of a bitch she actually was.
thankfully, i've found far better relationship-driven series
since then. that, and i've gotten back to my roots
with MACROSS/ROBOTECH, fulfilling my childhood dream
of a perfect transformation VF-1 Valkyrie/Veritech
by picking myself up the recent YAMATO 1/60 Ver.2 VF-1J;

i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/1-60%20VF-1J%20VALKYRIE/220039174_o.jpg

i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/1-60%20VF-1J%20VALKYRIE/VF-1JYAMATO1-60John.jpg

i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/1-60%20VF-1J%20VALKYRIE/VF-1JYAMATO1-60John4.jpg

i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/1-60%20VF-1J%20VALKYRIE/VF-1JYAMATO1-60John5.jpg

i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/Shao/ShaorinShichiriasLynnMinmay.jpg
Edited by Master Tasuke on 01. June 2010 15:06

https://www.facebook.com/tasuke.shichiri.1
Jump to Forum: