Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Hammermatt
Thread ID: 969
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4815 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Metal slug
Hammermatt
im thinking about getting metal slug anthology for ps2 which contains metal slug 1, 2, x, 3, 4, 5, and 6, are they fun multiplayer?

Powerwave
they sure are my friend metal slugs are great with a friend

LIFE_IN_2D
I've been wanting to pick this one up. I've never played MS 6 and this is the only way I'll ever get to play it.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Hammermatt
ya i heard they were like contra

Midian
Hammermatt wrote:
im thinking about getting metal slug anthology for ps2 which contains metal slug 1, 2, x, 3, 4, 5, and 6, are they fun multiplayer?

HELL YEAH! Me and my friend played MSA a shitload, the co-op is just great with two players and some beer. Thumbs Up
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

THX-1138
Trust me, if you are into 2D shooters and want a fun co-op game, get this! You will love it, and you can play as Ralf and Clark from Ikari Warriors/KOF in Metal Slug 6! Smile

Metal Slug 3= Best run and gun shoot em up ever.

LIFE_IN_2D
THX-1138 wrote:
...and you can play as Ralf and Clark from Ikari Warriors/KOF in Metal Slug 6! Smile

That's the main reason I want to buy the anthology.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Kurisu
You have to get MSA and the PS2 version is the best, although the PSP version is also good. The PS2 version has all the Neo splash screens and jingles. The Wii version doesn't, and they cocked it up by not making it ED-TV compatible in the UK. Therefore if you use a component cable and HD-TV the picture is cut off at the top and bottom and sometimes changes aspect. 6 Slugs for under 20? Go for it!
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

broken harbours
agreed, the uk version's a total botch, and why no 60hz mode either? :eh:

IcBlUsCrN
Agree with what everyone said, would also like to mention the Wii anthologu suck's bad. No support for the arcade stick or classic controller. I am going to pick up the ps2 version as well.

www.undisputed.com
Midian
IcBlUsCrN wrote:
Agree with what everyone said, would also like to mention the Wii anthologu suck's bad. No support for the arcade stick or classic controller. I am going to pick up the ps2 version as well.

Metal Slug plays great with the Cube controllers imo.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

tony starks
Metal slug just don't feel right if not using an arcade stick.
Edited by tony starks on 19. April 2008 01:26
Starks is always out

Hammermatt
I just got it today, man its a good beat em/shoot em up, i like 3 the best then 6, cuz im a ralf fan, hope ikari warriors is on snk arcade classics vol 2

Kurisu
Congrats Hammermatt, you've got yourself one excellent compilation. The PSP is home to some great "collections", Gradius, Power Stone, Streetfighter Alpha etc, and for those of us old enough to remember it the first time round, the Activision Anthology is also a great buy at a cheap price, with a great soundtrack of UK eighties hits.
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

THX-1138
For anyone who lives in the UK and wants the collection, Zaavi does the PS2 for 10 brand new! What a deal!

Hammermatt
ya i just got both capcom collections and the genesis collection, looking at the great shoot em up game collection megaman x, its more of a beat em up due to selectable characters and focus on slices up enemies compared to the regular mega mans, which focused on platforming, sorry for off topic. Metal slug anthology is a great anthology no matter what platform you buy it on, but i dont like 4...

THX-1138
Metal Slug 4 wasn't by SNK, i agree it's the worst.

Atomduck
I would defintely get the Anthology for the PS2. I have it on the Wii but it's probably no different. But, Metal Slug 3 is on Xbox Live Arcade and it has online play. But, Yeah, It was KOF 98' and Metal Slug 3 that ultimately got me into the Neo.

Jump to Forum: