3D Stick FPS
boogiepop
is the new champion in
Pacman with 124330 points
Pacman

Thread Author: broken harbours
Thread ID: 925
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2690 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
mame problem
broken harbours
right, i havn't updated mame in about four years and want to have one version for all my games rather than run three seperate versions for different games. anyway, i downloaded the latest version (mame32plus!) and the clrmamepro thingy but there are still a few problems. firstly on this new mame there a re few games that won't come up on the available list despite loading up when they are selected from any other list. secondly for some strange reason now whatever game i select the controls won't work (both keyboard and joystick) and all i can really do is quit it through ctrl+alt+delete. anyway all of this is thoroughly confusing an pretty irritating so if anyone could help me out i'd be incredibly grateful.

cthulhu
broken harbours wrote:
right, i havn't updated mame in about four years and want to have one version for all my games rather than run three seperate versions for different games. anyway, i downloaded the latest version (mame32plus!) and the clrmamepro thingy but there are still a few problems. firstly on this new mame there a re few games that won't come up on the available list despite loading up when they are selected from any other list. secondly for some strange reason now whatever game i select the controls won't work (both keyboard and joystick) and all i can really do is quit it through ctrl+alt+delete. anyway all of this is thoroughly confusing an pretty irritating so if anyone could help me out i'd be incredibly grateful.

Well, I always use MAME32 0.104u6 (or MAMEUI32 0.122 if I want to play some of the newer games) and I have never had any problems with controls or the available games list. I also have some MAME32 versions between 0.104u6 and MAMEUI32 0.122 so if you're interested in these, just let me know.
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

LIFE_IN_2D
To refine the controlls in newer versions of MAME, press TAB once the game is loaded.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

boogiepop
When you're setting your controls, make sure to hold down the button you're setting it to for a couple of seconds. This confused me at first since it seemed like nothing was registering.
Born to Die

xemption
"firstly on this new mame there a re few games that won't come up on the available list despite loading up when they are selected from any other list."

yeah....it seems there is no way around this, just click on the all arcade roms
folder (the very 1st one) after selecting the corresponding letter in the AVAILABLE folder and it should go right to the same set of letters your were in while in the available folder, this is the quickest way to do it without having to cycle though every known MAME rom that is usable by the emulator. Example: last blade 2 is in the AVAILABLE folder but the 1st Last Blade, just
click on last blade 2 rom and highlight it then select the ALL folder and it should take you to LAST BLADE 1 to load quicker Smile Hope that helps.
***Light Falls....Darkness calls***

www.myspace.com/xemption
Carmen
I would strongly recommend to anybody to use either NFBA (kaillera.movsq.net) or NeoRageX for playing games offline... Mame really isn't a very good programme that will sap your computer's memory usage a lot more then it should... I've also had that problem where games I have didn't work on Mame, it has those problems more then other emulators in my experience

Sorry for sounding bitchy Pfft

Shiny
I'm with Carmen. Thumbs Up

For every game I want to play FBA pwns Mame in every way I can think of. Why bother trying to learn Mame's alien language when FBA already speaks English?

Unless, of course, you want to play something that isn't compatible with FBA... Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

LIFE_IN_2D
When it comes to playing Capcom or SNK games exclusively, I use Kawaks. Kawaks blows MAME out out the water from every angle possible. It's a shame that Kawaks only plays Capcom or Snk games, but maybe that is the reason it is so fucking awesome.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Shiny
Kawaks is pretty cool but Final Burn Alpha still gets my vote... Capcom, check. SNK, check. And all those beautiful shmups by Cave, 8ing/Raizing, Toaplan and Psykio. Oh yes. It makes Shiny so so happy. Grin
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Jump to Forum: