Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
Kazuya_UK
Damn Circa, you really have got quite a cab collection going now, you'll have to post more pics and update us on your progress as you go about restoring those cabs! Good luck with both projects! Thumbs Up

HexElf: I really want to play Twilight Princess but it's having the time to devote to it that is a problem. How do the Wii and Gamecube versions compare though? I don't have a Wii yet...

boogiepop: good stuff man! Big congrats on getting Pulstar and Waku Waku 7, those are must buys in my opinion. That's a good price for Pulstar too, I paid a lot more for mine when I got it (it was a full kit but still...). How much did Waku Waku 7 set you back?

By the way, you can post about new SNK games in the thread in the Neo Geo section, but it doesn't really matter too much either way so don't worry about it Smile

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 16. February 2007 10:30
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
HexElf
Kazuya_UK wrote:
HexElf: I really want to play Twilight Princess but it's having the time to devote to it that is a problem. How do the Wii and Gamecube versions compare though? I don't have a Wii yet...

The GameCube version looks practically identical to the Wii version and even loads something like 0.1 seconds faster! No slowdowns (aside for some in the very last castle) and practically endless view distance with zero problems. Link is a southpaw in the Cube version as usual while in the Wii version he is right handed because of the Wii-mote. It is interesting how they did it however as Nintendo didn't just mirror Link, they mirrored the entire game! Everything from dungeons and enemies to cut scenes and item placement are reversed like tracks from an old arcade racing game.

Other than that the Wii version has slightly better looking shadows and more "gloom"/"bloom" (light effects). It also lets you control the fairy as a sort of pointer (like on a PC) to help you with targeting mainly and also make shopping a little less cumbersome. The Cube has a better looking menu though, and also the glitches found in some versions of the Wii version (mainly early Japanese editions) are gone in all cube versions.

Hope that answers your question =D
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
boogiepop
Kazuya_UK wrote:
boogiepop: good stuff man! Big congrats on getting Pulstar and Waku Waku 7, those are must buys in my opinion. That's a good price for Pulstar too, I paid a lot more for mine when I got it (it was a full kit but still...). How much did Waku Waku 7 set you back?
Kaz

$80 shipped with shockbox, insert. The bomberman went for $75.

Oops, I didn't even realize I had posted in the wrong section. I guess I was just too wound up at the moment to notice. My bad.
Edited by boogiepop on 16. February 2007 18:16

the world is my arena
i just got syphon filter for PS for $1.70 brand new. And i also managed to finally get GG Isuka.
Expect no mercy, for you shall receive none

http://www.adventrising.com/images/icons/AR1.jpg
phry
just got syphon filter for PS for $1.70 brand new

That's a great find. I'm quite a fan of the Syphon Filter series (though haven't played the PS2 on - which is not suppossed to be very good)

Despite it's slightly crude looks, there were quite a few decent ideas in that game. A pity it seemed to be overlooked by so many, maybe as the first game came out around the same time as Metal Gear Solid. However I'd definately recommend Syphon Filter 2 if you can find it. It's quite a big game with so many great set-pieces. The PSP game, Dark Mirror, is also a great game throwing even more gadgets and weapons into the mix.

I really want to play Twilight Princess but it's having the time to devote to it that is a problem.

I guess that you know from my forum posts etc how much of my time that game's taken! Grin However I'd have no choice but to wholeheartedly reccommend it. Ok, so it does start a bit like an Ocarina of Time remake, but there's no denying that the game's so well made and must've been a real labour of love for the big N. The level design, puzzles and combat are just so well done and satisfying. I'm just about to start the final dungeon. I want to finish it but I'll be so sad when it's over!
Edited by phry on 17. February 2007 11:21

Midian
My last purchase was Twilight Princess for Cube aswell, truly an amazing game. I loved the last battles aswell. Smile

Oh, and Raiken, how is Hotel Dusk? I loved Another Code and HD is on my wishlist.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

candycab
phry wrote:
[quote]just got syphon filter for PS for $1.70 brand new

That's a great find. I'm quite a fan of the Syphon Filter series (though haven't played the PS2 on - which is not suppossed to be very good)
quote]

I have 2 Syphon Filter games for the PS2 .... The names escape me at the moment but I can say that what youve heard about them is correct. They pretty much suck comparred to the the origional PS game. They dont control all that well, they are extremely linear in their level design and they look fairly crappy and feel rushed out overall.

If youre a fan buy them cheap or dont bother beacuse there really isnt alot there to like. :(
Edited by candycab on 20. February 2007 00:16
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Goemon
Bah, i want to play Twilight Princess so bad.

I've been playing alot of the Super Robot Taisen games recently. I think i've built up enough courage to try Namco x Capcom.

Raiken
Got Izuna the Unemployed Ninja and Spy Fiction for my birthday.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

candycab
Tomb Raider Legends PS2 $19.00 Toys-r-Us with the funky "Bonus" sticker even... ohhhhh... ahhhhhh Smile

The sticker managed to find a fitting home on my PS cabinet Wink

Still waiting for Test Drive Unlimited to surface for the PS2, was supposed to ship the 12th Roll Eyes
Edited by candycab on 27. February 2007 02:52
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

phry
I got my PAL copy of FFXII through the post the other day. Grin

Not played it yet though. I really want to start it when I know I can have an lengthy and uninterrupted gaming session.

Got Izuna the Unemployed Ninja and Spy Fiction for my birthday.

I've never heard of Izuna before. Any good? The name sounds interesting (in what way is a ninja unemployed?) Wink

Circa2113
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Damn Circa, you really have got quite a cab collection going now, you'll have to post more pics and update us on your progress as you go about restoring those cabs! Good luck with both projects! Thumbs Up

Kaz

Missed this when you posted it...

I have a nice majority of the equipment ready to go to fix up the Virtua Fighter cab I just need the time to work on it. A little harder to find the stuff I want in nice enough condition for the neo cab for now, so I'm just going to save it for summer holiday.

Raiken
Midian wrote:Oh, and Raiken, how is Hotel Dusk? I loved Another Code and HD is on my wishlist.

Hotel Dusk was awesome. I was really happy it was longer then Trace Memory/Another Code too.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Kazuya_UK
candycab wrote:
Tomb Raider Legends PS2 $19.00 Toys-r-Us with the funky "Bonus" sticker even... ohhhhh... ahhhhhh Smile

Still waiting for Test Drive Unlimited to surface for the PS2, was supposed to ship the 12th Roll Eyes

I saw Tomb Raider Legends for PS2 going REALLY cheap the other day when I was in town buying Slug Anthology and Tekken for the PSP, I was half tempted to be honest but I probably wouldn't get round to playing it.

Good luck with the cab building circa! Thumbs Up

Kaz

candycab
Kazuya_UK wrote:
candycab wrote:

I saw Tomb Raider Legends for PS2 going REALLY cheap the other day when I was in town buying Slug Anthology and Tekken for the PSP, I was half tempted to be honest but I probably wouldn't get round to playing it.

Kaz

lol I know that feeling Grin

Iam playing it though and so far it is every bit as good as Ive heard.

The first level brought back warm fuzzy memories from the origional PC title. It feels like the origional and I would have to say its hands down the best of any TR too date Wink

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Midian
Raiken wrote:
Midian wrote:Oh, and Raiken, how is Hotel Dusk? I loved Another Code and HD is on my wishlist.

Hotel Dusk was awesome. I was really happy it was longer then Trace Memory/Another Code too.

That's really nice too hear, and yes, Another Code was quite short with it's 4-5 hours.

Kazuya_UK
candycab wrote:
Kazuya_UK wrote:
candycab wrote:

Kaz

The first level brought back warm fuzzy memories from the origional PC title. It feels like the origional and I would have to say its hands down the best of any TR too date Wink

I may have to try it when I get time. I love the first Tomb Raider and it is the only TR game I ever completed. All the others just bored me...

Kaz

Midian
Going to order a new game for my GameCube soon, should I buy Crash Bandicoot 4 (I loved the first three) or Skies of Arcadia Legends? Cool

Circa2113
Skies of Arcadia.

Crash has been shit for years.

candycab
Kazuya_UK wrote:
candycab wrote:
Kazuya_UK wrote:
candycab wrote:

Kaz

I may have to try it when I get time. I love the first Tomb Raider and it is the only TR game I ever completed. All the others just bored me...

Kaz

lol

Well that pretty much sums it up for me aswell Wink

Legends looks and feels alot like playing a remake of the origional, though its not the same obviously. The controlls are easy to pickup and the jumping, climbing etc feels perfect with puzzles that are just enough to offer some depth to the exploration design.

Took them long enough to get it right but now that its here there is finally a game worthy of the TR name once again.

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Jump to Forum: