3D Stick FPS
boogiepop
is the new champion in
Pacman with 124330 points
Pacman

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
Midian
Spectral vs Generation looks pretty cool, how is it? Smile
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Midian
*bump*

Bought Breath of Fire III from some dude for 20 bucks second hand. Great condition and I'm happy to finally own this awesome game.

boogiepop
Midian wrote:
Spectral vs Generation looks pretty cool, how is it? Smile

I'd like to know what you think of it too. I played briefly it while in Japan but that was a while ago and by brief I mean BRIEF! Looked cool though as I remember. There was a chick who threw ice or something. Kinda reminded me of Dizzy a little.
Born to Die

priest
Yeah I know Im a bit late. But better late than never, right Smile

Today I bought:

Halo III legendary edition

regmedia.co.uk/2007/09/18/halo3_leg_ed.jpg

And PGR 4

technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/pgr4_box.jpg

Two really entertaining titles Thumbs Up
Edited by priest on 18. January 2008 22:29
img102.imageshack.us/img102/9359/lastsuppersnkhz7.gif

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

img339.imageshack.us/img339/6738/1032017122.th.jpg

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Midian
Bought a Sega Megadrive (Genisis) II with Sonic 1, 2 and World of Illusion. Smile

Kazuya_UK
Still don't have PGR4, but seeing as I am still busy with Forza 2 I'm sorted for driving games right now. Got Bioshock the other day but seeing as my HDTV has just gone in for repair I'll be waiting until I get that back before I play it properly... it'll lose some of the atmosphere playing it on a sucky small CRT.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Speer
Batman Returns for the SNES. Its a great game and only cost $7.00.

Midian
Ordered SMT Persona 3, that game looks pretty cool and it's been a while since I've played an RPG again, so I thought I'd pick it up. I also got into FPS a little so I order Half-Life 2 for PC, looking forward to that too.

merlin
Just picked up a copy of Stalker on PC and have been playing it for the last three hours. It's a pretty amazing game. Very atmospheric.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

candycab
Test Drive Unlimited 360
Finished it on the PC but had to give this one a go anyway, lots of fun Wink

Sega Rally revo 360 [ a real letdown of a game :( ]

Forza 2 360 ... What driving games should be, except they left out car interiors and stayed with the lame floating guages that really suck ass Wink

PGR4 360 I hated the other PGR games on the old X-Box but this one is definitly a great game, Forza could definitly learn a few things here, like real car interiors Thumbs Up

Viva Pinata 360 I wont be playing this much, kinda lame but looks nice.
Edited by candycab on 06. March 2008 11:54
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Speer
Actraiser for the SNES. This is one of my all time favorite games. It will fun to play it again.

Kazuya_UK
Speer wrote:
Actraiser for the SNES. This is one of my all time favorite games. It will fun to play it again.

Oh yea, I had forgotten about that game. Been years since I played it, and it is definitely a classic Smile

Kaz

priest
I traded some of my MVS collection for a couple of original pcb:s

I have wanted to get my mits on an original BC pcb for a very long time and now its finally mine Smile

Bionic commando (Capcom 1987 original):

www.klov.com/images/11/1101503468.jpg

www.klov.com/images/11/1181242060327.png

www.arcadeflyers.com/flyers_video/capcom/10025801.jpg

The second pcb

Devastators (Konami 1988 original):

shozan.sytes.net/~meth/arcadestuff/at/pcb/devastators.jpg

www.klov.com/images/11/118124210350.png

www.arcadeflyers.com/flyers_video//konami/png/18001901.png
Edited by priest on 19. March 2008 19:14
img102.imageshack.us/img102/9359/lastsuppersnkhz7.gif

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

img339.imageshack.us/img339/6738/1032017122.th.jpg

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Shiny
Don't think I've ever played Devastators... Looks like the old Rambo 3 arcade game. Wink

Gratz on Bionic Commando man! Thumbs Up
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Midian
Wipeout Fusion. I used to have a demo of the first Wipeout game for PS, which we played a lot but I forgot the whole series and I couldn't even remember it's name. A week or so ago my friend send me a song from the game and I had an urge to play it again after finally remembering the game! I couldn't find any working torrents for the old PS games, but I was lucky to find this game for PS2 for only 7,50, and I'm loving it so far.

merlin
I just bought an US Snes console with:

Zelda: A link to the past
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Mario World
Super Castlevania 4
Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse
F-Zero

It's been a long time since I sold off all my snes stuff so I can't wait to play these great games again especially Zelda.
Edited by merlin on 21. March 2008 15:03

Kazuya_UK
Awesome merlin! I have no idea why exactly, but Street Fighter on the SNES has always been exciting and... well, just kinda familiar, like an old friend. I always loved the SNES pad for SF too... I still have "SNES thumb" from playing SFII on it so much... you SNES veterans will know exactly what I mean. We should all get together and sue the big N! LOL

Some great games there though, they are pretty much all classics! Since the conversation with Goemon and a few others in the other thread, I've been playing a bit of F-Zero on an emulator recently, just to remind myself of how cool it is and how much the soundtrack rocks.

Kaz

Shiny
Ah, the SNES... Actually, I was playing some SF2 Turbo at a house party last night. Great fun. Who takes a SNES to house party? Fucking genius.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

merlin
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Awesome merlin! I have no idea why exactly, but Street Fighter on the SNES has always been exciting and... well, just kinda familiar, like an old friend. I always loved the SNES pad for SF too... I still have "SNES thumb" from playing SFII on it so much... you SNES veterans will know exactly what I mean. We should all get together and sue the big N! LOL

Some great games there though, they are pretty much all classics! Since the conversation with Goemon and a few others in the other thread, I've been playing a bit of F-Zero on an emulator recently, just to remind myself of how cool it is and how much the soundtrack rocks.

Kaz

Thanks. I am very excited at the prospect of playing these games again. SF2 on the Snes took over my life for about a whole year when I first got it. Yes the Snes pad was great for SF2. In fact Nintendo have always been one of the best companies at making joypads in my opinion. Their pads feel great to use and are very durable especially the Nes pad which is virtually indestructible.

The recent talk in the forums about F-Zero got me very excited to play this game again. The Golden Fox is the greatest! I was just wondering about F-Zero 2 though. Was that ever officially released? I can't find it for sale anywhere but have checked it out on the emulator. Also and I apologise if this is the wrong thread to be asking this but do any of you have any recommendations for good Snes games to buy? I do plan on getting Mario Kart, Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Mario all Stars, Final Fight, Lemmings and Contra Spirits. Are UN Squadron and Super R-Type worth getting?

Shiny wrote:

Ah, the SNES... Actually, I was playing some SF2 Turbo at a house party last night. Great fun. Who takes a SNES to house party? Fucking genius.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Grin

Kazuya_UK
Contra is awesome, although in a weird way I actually prefer the PAL version (Probotector). Sounds daft, but I like the robots in the PAL version, it's just a shame that it runs slower due to the 50hz thing. All the games you mentioned are great, and I definitely recommend UN Squadron and R-Type III. UN Squadron/Area 88 is a good port, the only downside is the lack of 2 player mode, otherwise it was cool. R-Type was one I had in my collection and I loved it, but be warned it does have a lot of slowdown issues, but you learn to live with them after a while.

A lot of Konami's stuff on the SNES is pure gold. I do recommend Cybernator (Assault Suits Valken) as that's quite a good fun game. Takes a while to get into, but the feeling of power you get from piloting a big heavy mech is cool. We were talking about this in the chatroom a few weeks back. Here's a vid we found:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhKXqEoEpy0[/youtube]

Kaz

Jump to Forum: