Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
phry
Apparently Hominid is available for the Xbox 360 via Live Arcade, so that may be a decent option for some who dont feel like tracking a console version down.

Cool. I'd better pop on Live and check it out (that's if it's available on European servers - if not, I'm sure it will be soon). Thanks dude! Failing that, there should be a cheap copy on eBay for PS2. I must play it!

Circa2113
I bought 2 more arcade PCBs. This obsession can't be healthy... :sweat:

Dangun Feveron
Aerofighters

Circa2113
I won a lot of 8 arcade PCBs with marquees for $51.00 last night! Pfft

phry
I won a lot of 8 arcade PCBs with marquees for $51.00 last night! smiley

Wow! Sounds like a bargain. What'd you get?

Kazuya_UK
Yea seriously, what games did you get because that sounds like a GREAT deal! Gratz dude! Grin Thumbs Up

So, how many PCB's do you have now altogether?

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Circa2113
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Yea seriously, what games did you get because that sounds like a GREAT deal! Gratz dude! Grin Thumbs Up

So, how many PCB's do you have now altogether?

Kaz

When that lot arrives, I'll be up to 18 pcb's.

The ones I just won were...

Kid Nikki with Marquee x2 (not sure why he had 2, but I'm not complaining) Between the two, if they don't work, I'm sure I could make one working board.
Rad Mobile with Marquee
Attax with Marquee (terrible, terrible game :redface: )
Section Z with Marquee
X-men (the 4-player one) with Marquee
Raiden Fighters with marquee (easily worth $150 by itself)
and a "mystery board" the seller couldn't identify

I'll probably be selling of about half of it, but it was worth it for me just for the raiden fighters marquee.

The link to the auction is here.

The seller couldn't verify anything because his monitor was busted, but even if only one or two boards work out of the whole lot, it will be well worth the price just for all the marquees.

candycab
One can never have too many PCB's, unless maybe you get so many they need their own room for storage Grin
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Circa2113
candycab wrote:
One can never have too many PCB's, unless maybe you get so many they need their own room for storage Grin

This is true, I have an entire basement available for storage though. Smile

Circa2113
Ebay link --> Smile

[small]just edited the url as displaying the full thing was stretching the page out a little - hope you don't mind! - Kaz[/small]
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 15. February 2007 20:08

Klarkus
Im trying to snag MvC2 on Ps2 at the moment...expensive :/
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

Kazuya_UK
Circa2113 wrote:
Ebay Link --> Smile

Did you buy that mate?? Shock Would be a damn cool project for someone with the time, it seems like the seller has Neo Geo cabs too! Grin

Klark: is it really that expensive? Be careful of the PS2 port though mate, it plays fine from what I remember but the sound was a bit tinny/muffled I think. Have a browse around for some reviews, I might be remembering it wrong...

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 15. February 2007 20:09
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Circa2113
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Did you buy that mate?? Shock Would be a damn cool project for someone with the time, it seems like the seller has Neo Geo cabs too! Grin

Indeed, I'm going to pick it up next weekend. It is going to be my weekend project over the next few months.

I'll be trying to snag that neo cab as well. Wink But, shhhh...don't advertise for him, I want it cheap! LOL

Klarkus
As far as I know thats the best version kaz

Buying Ghost Recon AW for 360 tomorrow
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

phry
Buying Ghost Recon AW for 360 tomorrow

I downlaoded the demo of GRAW2 and it seems like a pretty good game. As for the Tom Clancy franchises, I'm still playing through Rainbow Six Vegas which is great. Let me know how you get on with Ghost Recon Grin

Klark: is it really that expensive? Be careful of the PS2 port though mate, it plays fine from what I remember but the sound was a bit tinny/muffled

Some of the sound effects and speech in MvC2 are a little muffled but I don't think that any of the other versions are supposed to be any better (correct me if i'm worng anybody please!). At least it's got a full 60hz mode. I guess they did it to save on memory as there's six characters in each battle and a hell of a lot going on! It's really gone up in value over the last couple of years though. I got mine for about a tenner a couple of years ago but the last copy I saw was 25. I think it's getting quite rare now
Edited by phry on 15. February 2007 18:58

viktorh
I bought a DS Lite yesterday (pink version, ofcourse) in order to play the game I won at this site. Smile

Circa2113
*Sigh*

My tax return has now been depleted. Check out my two new additions to the family. Pfft

img299.imageshack.us/img299/7752/nac131up7.jpg

[IMG] [/IMG]

I don't have them yet, but I'm arranging for them to ship out ASAP.

Also, I talked the seller of the virtua fighter cab into also selling me the neo cab. I now will be picking both up for a whopping $65. The basement is now going to be gaming heaven!

I had to sell off the 360 and a ton of other games/consoles, but to me it was well worth it.

Edit: I think the second image is f'd up...I'll try to get it back up later.
Edited by Circa2113 on 16. February 2007 01:59

Circa2113
viktorh wrote:
I bought a DS Lite yesterday (pink version, ofcourse) in order to play the game I won at this site. Smile

Congrats! The DS is an amazing handheld.

HexElf
Most recent buys...

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess for the GameCube
Awesome game in every way except maybe a bit too long. 54 hours and ticking and I still have one heart to go and eleven poes, it didn't take this long to beat and find all all the stuff in RE4 thats for sure. Beating the last boss was a pain because I was simply exhausted with the game. Loads of kudos for bringing back all of the things that made the original game so damn cool howver and thumbs up for making Link look so damn fine in this one, he even starts out looking like a very handsome young woman. (surely I am not the only one who thinks this)

Also I picked up Madden NFL 06 for the Cube yesterday, apparently 07 wasn't released for the console here but in a way it doesn't really matter because holy sh!t what a fine game that is. Even if you never played football before you will feel right at home after a few practice rounds. I could easily play this for the rest of the year in Franchise Mode alone.

As for Circa,
damn man you've got your own arcade dungeon going on there! Which Virtua Fighter was it that you got? They all rock but just wait til VF5 hits the 360, you might want that box back then if you get hooked ^ ^; anyway let me know if you learn how to pull the infamous Akira Knee, it will rock your world =D
Edited by HexElf on 16. February 2007 02:51
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Circa2113
HexElf wrote:

As for Circa,
damn man you've got your own arcade dungeon going on there! Which Virtua Fighter was it that you got? They all rock but just wait til VF5 hits the 360, you might want that box back then if you get hooked ^ ^; anyway let me know if you learn how to pull the infamous Akira Knee, it will rock your world =D

It was the original virtua fighter cab. It will have to be restored though, so it will be a while before it gets any play. Honestly, my only regrets on the 360 sale would be the random influx of shooters.

Ikaruga on XBLA, a new treasure shooter (suposedly radiant 3) and a senko no ronde localization are all great new developments for 360. Luckily, my brother still has one, so I can play his when I'm around.

boogiepop
Pulstar!!!! $50 shipped with shockbox and insert and from a reputable neo-geo.com seller.
I was, obviously, the first to see the thread. You guys should head over there FAST!!

Edit: Gaahhh!! Someone sign on dammit! He still has:

Money Puzzle Exhanger $100 Shipped
Prehistoric Isle 2 $100 Shipped
Ghost Pilots $50 Shipped

Forget about the Neo Bomberman and Waku Waku 7 carts he had. I'm attemptimg to get those as well.
Nobody's on. :(

Edit Again: Waku's mine. I waited too long on Bomberman. Oh well, I got more than I originally wanted (gonna pick up bomberman on saturn anyway) so I'm pleased as punch. Left the old edits just to show the intense half hour I just went through. whew!
Edited by boogiepop on 16. February 2007 08:23

Jump to Forum: