Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
Raiken
Just bought Hotel Dusk: Room 215 for DS. Gonna play it later when I get off work.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

NEO GEO DRAGON
Just picked up Kaido racer 2 on the PS2. Looking quite similar to Initial D, it played ok, racing down mountains makes a change. Probably the worse PAL conversion I've ever seen for a long time, massive boarders at top and bottom!!!!!

candycab
You guys are gonna laugh Grin

The Incredibles and Scooby-Doo Unmasked at Toys-r-us PS2 for $14.99 ea

Actually both games alot of fun and are pretty much on par with many reviews Ive read, which said they were a bit simplistic in areas but fun to play through.

Whatever you guys do STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME !

http://ps2.ign.co...488p1.html

Its probably biggest waste to $14.99 Ive ever seen [ marked down from $29.00 ] There are absolutly no redeemable qualitys to the game at all.
Edited by candycab on 28. January 2007 22:05
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Mitch The Zombie
Just got Castlevania on the ps2.
I've been meaning to get it for a long while now.
I like it but I've finished the bugger already :(
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/MitchMF/PDVD_000.jpg

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
But for me... it was Tuesday.

Kazuya_UK
Got World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade. Kicks ass Grin

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Klarkus
Im buying Oblivion and FEAR for 360 tomorrow. Oblivion looks awesome.
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

Circa2113
Bought a few PCBs recently:

EspRa.De.
Sidearms (great game, give it a go in MAME)
Raiden Fighters

My t.v. in the guest room has been permanently TATE'd Smile

the world is my arena
I recommend to all of you to check out any Goodwill's near you. Mainly because you will find some good deals on video games. It is one place i always check.

NES, gun controller, 2 regular controllers, 9 games, and 2 Sega Saturn controllers = $8.50 for all of it.

I just found Ikari Warriors, Joust, Platoon, and Tiger Heli for $2 each.

Even though i have them already, you can never have enough. so i recommend checking them out every now and then. Plus you never know what you'll find. a playstation game drawer? a stuffed Sonic? Soul Reaver figure? so yea. keep a good look out.

And as for RE4, even though i still havent finished it, i have found it to be the only RE that i like.
Expect no mercy, for you shall receive none

http://www.adventrising.com/images/icons/AR1.jpg
candycab
Klarkus wrote:
Im buying Oblivion and FEAR for 360 tomorrow. Oblivion looks awesome.

Oblivion was fantastic on the PC, from what Ive seen its just as good on the 360, definitly a solid buy either way Wink
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

phry
Oblivion was fantastic on the PC, from what Ive seen its just as good on the 360, definitly a solid buy either way

That's another game to add to my 'must get' list! I've always wanted to give it a go - it does look very impressive and the open-plan nature of the game does look interesting. I'll keep my eyes out for a bargain.

Maybe I should finish the games I've already got first. Grin I've barely found time to start playing Lost Planet and Rainbow Six Vegas on my 360. (much of my gaming time is going into finishing Zelda T.P. at the mo - only 3 dungeons to go I think)

recommend to all of you to check out any Goodwill's near you. Mainly because you will find some good deals on video games. It is one place i always check.

NES, gun controller, 2 regular controllers, 9 games, and 2 Sega Saturn controllers = $8.50 for all of it.

I just found Ikari Warriors, Joust, Platoon, and Tiger Heli for $2 each.

That sounds like an impressive bargain. Its so hard to find game bargain in goodwills/charity shops/boot sales now because everyone puts them up on eBay. Always worth a look though. I've found quite a few cheap Saturn and PSOne games in windows of charity shops before.
Edited by phry on 03. February 2007 17:39

the world is my arena
phry wrote:

(much of my gaming time is going into finishing Zelda T.P. at the mo - only 3 dungeons to go I think)

Twilight Princess is sweeet. i loved it from beginning to end. where are you currently at? Don't worry i wont spoil anything. i hate when people spoil part of the game for me.

[small]*fixed your quotey thing* Wink[/small]
Edited by on 03. February 2007 20:18
Expect no mercy, for you shall receive none

http://www.adventrising.com/images/icons/AR1.jpg
Mitch The Zombie
Oooooh bugger I've foolishly bought Beatdown on the PS2, good god what where capcom thinking.

but also got Rumble Roses, a work of genius & a very guilty pleasure LOL
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/MitchMF/PDVD_000.jpg

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
But for me... it was Tuesday.

candycab
Mitch The Zombie wrote:
Oooooh bugger I've foolishly bought Beatdown on the PS2, good god what where capcom thinking.

but also got Rumble Roses, a work of genius & a very guilty pleasure LOL

LOL I was actually looking for Rumble Roses locally a couple of days ago, when I see it I will pick that one up aswell. lol my first PS2 "Wrestling" game LOL

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Kazuya_UK
I never did play Rumble Roses... looks like fun though! Grin

"Guilty pleasure" is probably right dude... kinda like DOA Volleyball! Wink

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
phry
Twilight Princess is sweeet. i loved it from beginning to end. where are you currently at? Don't worry i wont spoil anything. i hate when people spoil part of the game for me.

Just got to the Temple of Time to get the third piece of the Mirror of Twilight. Will have a bit of a sesh tonight so will prob get part that bit (unless i get stuck Grin ) One thing that's impressed me a lot so far are the boss battles and combat in general. They're just so well thought out and enjoyable!

I don't think that the TP adds a huge amount to the series (I get a bit of Ocarina of Time related deja vu) but is just so well made with some truly great level design. There's so many little subquests etc to check out though. It's definately dominated a lot of my gaming time! A sweeet game indeed! Grin

I never did play Rumble Roses... looks like fun though! smiley

"Guilty pleasure" is probably right dude... kinda like DOA Volleyball! smiley

It's such a trashy game. But it's good trash! Grin I've never been the biggest wrestling game fan - but RR is quite fun to just pick up and play.
Edited by phry on 04. February 2007 18:45

Klarkus
OBLIVION IS WICKED!

Its the most addictive game ever and the enviroment is awesomely beautiful. Theres so many quests. The only thing is that there aint many beasties when your roaming the world map so its hard to level up. The only thing I level up on the most is Athletics cuz im running from city to city. It maybe cuz ive not got very far though so maybe when ive done more quests there will be more enemies.

Its weird though cuz 3 of my m8s have had the game and theyve all said its crap and traded it in. Heres what they said

m8 1: I got to the city, stole a horse, got a arrested, traded it in
m8 2: I played it for 4 hours and got bored so traded it in
m8 3: I got quite far and was liking it until i became a vampire and could only go out at night.
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

phry
m8 1: I got to the city, stole a horse, got a arrested, traded it in

m8 3: I got quite far and was liking it until i became a vampire and could only go out at night.

Those sound like great little touches and actually make me want to try out that game even more.

candycab
Klarkus

Dont worry there will be plenty of roaming baddies when the Oblivion Gates start poping up. In the PC version there are bandits everywhere when traveling bye road. Easy way to lvl up is just explore every mine, temple etc that you come too, before you know it youl jump a few levels.

I just grabbed Alien Hominid new [PS2] for $9.00, I should have bought this game long ago, very old school fun LOL
Edited by candycab on 07. February 2007 21:14

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

phry
The flash game of Alien Hominid is awesome and I am really wanting to try out the PS2/Xbox game to see what they've come up with. Very similar to Metal Slug in parts, which is more than fine by me!

candycab
phry wrote:
The flash game of Alien Hominid is awesome and I am really wanting to try out the PS2/Xbox game to see what they've come up with. Very similar to Metal Slug in parts, which is more than fine by me!

Good Video Review and gameplay vids of Hominid here

http://www.gametr...hp?id=1545

I think its probably a safe bet that you will like the console version.

It is a bit like the Slug series but then what side scrolling fast paced run and gun isnt ? I think what I really like about Hominid is the overall look of the whole game and the great animation, I find it very cool when the FBI guys run bye with signs that say "Nothing to See Here" LOL

LMAO @ "Hominid Contra Style" as seen in the review.

Apparently Hominid is available for the Xbox 360 via Live Arcade, so that may be a decent option for some who dont feel like tracking a console version down.

While this game may be a bit simple for alot of people, I say simplicity rules in this genre Grin
Edited by candycab on 07. February 2007 21:42

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Jump to Forum: