Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
-SD-
The Saturn has arrived! Headbang

Along with the following games:
Asuka 120% Burning Fest. Limited, Cyberbots Ltd Edition (00178), Fighters Megamix, Fighting Vipers, Last Bronx, Rabbit ,Sonic Council/Sokko Seitokai, Soukyugurentai Otokuyo, Sega Rally Plus and Gussun Oyoyo S.

Fighting Vipers and Fighters Megamix are still sealed. Last Bronx was until about five minutes ago... It's a really cool double case so I had to crack that open and have a look.

Lee was nice enough to include a couple of freebies; sealed Virtual Fighter 2 and Sim City 2000. Although what I'm going to do with a Japanese language Sim game I don't know.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

cthulhu
very nice set, congratulations. Rabbit is a great game, but it's a shame that the port isn't as good as it could have been (in my opinion).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Sensi
Even Soukyugurentai Otokuyo only was justified to buy your console!
Have loads of fun with it, you don't even have the finest games for your system haha.

-SD-
If anyone has any game suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them.... but let's keep away from the more obvious things like PD Saga, Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, etc. And yes, I'd love Elevator Action Returns, but it's a little pricey.

Next up I'll definitely be getting MSH vs. SF and SFZero3 for some Capcom love, and both Vampire/Darkstalkers games.

I'm also looking at Gungriffon 1 & 2, and the Gundam Side Story trilogy for some mobile suit action, along with Virtual-ON.

RiKo
-SD- wrote:

If anyone has any game suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them.... but let's keep away from the more obvious things like PD Saga, Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, etc. And yes, I'd love Elevator Action Returns, but it's a little pricey.

Congrats on your Saturn SD Thumbs Up

I was going to suggest Elevator Action Returns!

I'm not sure how much they cost because bought mine quite a few years ago but I recommend Sengoku Blade and Battle Garegga. Also if you like superscalars (I do!) then get Outrun (better than the arcade, double the frame rate) and Space Harrier (need analogue pad for this really though).

Some off-beat choices: I actually like Virtua Fighter 1. It just feels like a completely different game from the sequels. Smooth and lots of fun if you arent taking it seriously. I also like Marvel Super Heroes. I remember I said that to Ninja (on the forum here sometimes) and he was like "What??" but I just found it loads of fun.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Sensi
You're right SD, the obvious choices are well known.
The suggestions from Riko (Sengoku Blade and Battle Garegga) are great.
They are pricey though, so are some of mine picks. But in most cases, they are well worth it. Here are some off road tips:

Astal (2D platform)
Burning Rangers (action)
Dragon Force (strategy RPG)
DoDonPachi (shoot 'm up)
Enemy Zero (adventure)
Gunbird (shoot 'm up)
Keio Yugekitai (2D platform)
Lost Vikings 2 (puzzle)
Magic Knight Rayearth (RPG)
Mizubaku Daibouken (2D platform)
Pocket Fighter (beat 'm up)
Princess Crown (action RPG)
Shienryu (shoot 'm up)
Shining Force III (strategy RPG)
Silhouette Mirage (2D platform)
Striker '96 (sports soccer)
Three Dirty Dwarves (sidescrolling beat 'm up)
Thunder Force Gold Packs / V (shoot 'm up)
Wolf Fang (action)

And much more to list.......crazy system it is.

Be sure to replace the CR2032 battery in the system for saves and keep it hooked up.
In my experience the battery dies very soon if you don't do this. I replace the battery once a year to keep my savegames safe. I also back them up to the Action Replay.

green beret
Congratulations SD! Very good set! You can play all CAPCOM fighters like Vampire and Marvel Super Heroes. I also suggest you In the Hunt. Great shooter!
Edited by green beret on 04. February 2016 06:42

Henke
Another game that might be of interest, if you like mecha/robot action is Assault Suit Leynos 2.

It's a 2D side scrolling action game, with nice graphics and great control. It's one of the games that use every button on the controller i believe. The game is nice enough to let you decide which buttons to use for all the different functions and weapons and upgrades you come across.
It's a pretty hard game but not unfair if I remember correct , so that's only value for your money.

It's the follow up to.... Assault Suit Leynos (obviously,haha), or Target Earth for the US market.

199.101.98.242/media/shots/53918-Assault_Suit_Leynos_2_(J)-3.jpg
www.honestgamers.com/images/games/9/A/15269/13.jpg

www.hobbyforever.fr/photo/art/grande/5098233-7608336.jpg

And to get on topic, I got myself this yesterday: Devil Hunter Yohko.
The box art suggest this could easily be a digital comic or dating sim or RPG or something like that, it really looks like a cover for a PC-Engine game imo, but it's a nice actiongame.

segaretro.org/images/thumb/8/88/MHYD7nK_MD_JP_Box.jpg/800px-MHYD7nK_MD_JP_Box.jpg

opcfg.kontek.net/archive/dhy2.gif
www.vgmuseum.com/end/genesis/a/mayoko-1.png
Edited by Henke on 04. February 2016 07:42

-SD-
Sensi wrote:
Be sure to replace the CR2032 battery in the system for saves and keep it hooked up.
In my experience the battery dies very soon if you don't do this. I replace the battery once a year to keep my savegames safe. I also back them up to the Action Replay.

Oh I'm well aware of the messing about with save games; I must have restarted Burning Rangers about five or six times in the past due to the battery dying and forgetting to transfer saves to the AR. Angry I'd really like to get Burning Rangers again but whilst the Japanese version is about £20, the US release is now well over £200!

I tried Leynos 2 back when I had a Saturn previously. I was expecting to just blast my way through like in Valken, but that didn't work out very well. It seems that you need to take things a little slower and more tactically. I reckon I'll give it another go.

-SD-
A box of Saturn games:

Gungriffon,
Gungriffon II Box Set With Link Cable (New)
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story II (Sealed)
Detana TwinBee Yahho-! Deluxe Pack
Syutokoh Battle '97: Drift King (Sealed)
Wolf Fang SS Kuuga 2001 Vapor Trail (Sealed)
Courier Crisis
KERIOTOSSE! (Sealed)
Prikura Daisakusen
Steamgear Mash (Sealed)
Thunder Force Gold Pack 2 (Sealed)
Sealed Titan Wars and Zero4Champ were freebies.

i.imgur.com/zFmNTUfh.jpg

Some more Saturn goodness and a brand new set of Twin Sticks.

i.imgur.com/5etySuxh.jpg

Sensi
Cool to see some Japanese import love!

Checked out some videos of Detana TwinBee Yahho-! Deluxe Pack, one shoot 'm up who fell under the radar. Should also pick that one up someday.
Prikura Daisakusen looks lovely, didn't knew that one, thanks.

D&D, Thunderforce, Gungriffon.....these are great purchases SD, you can't go wrong with them.

-SD-
Never played Devil Hunter Yohko but I always thought it looked similar to the Valis games, as they're both action platformers featuring a main female character with a sword. But then I've never played Valis either... Shrug

green beret
Yesterday I received a CPS3 Street fighter III 3rd Strike on battery.

EDIT: SFIII 3rd Strike battery swapped succesfuly.
green beret attached the following images:
sfiii7.jpg sfiii1.jpg sfiii2.jpg

Edited by green beret on 20. February 2016 13:37

RiKo
Awesome purchase Green beret Terry I have that on Dreamcast but isn't quite arcade perfect. What monitor/TV are you using? Looks very swish. I am thinking of buying a CRT at some point in the future for my old games.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Sensi
green beret wrote:

Sensi wrote:

Looks nice and sturdy. Does switching between the games works well and easy? Never thought about it where it happens. Because I'm playing one game at a time, I doesn't feel the need for 2-slots. But it looks so cool!

Is it hooked up via RGB? The telly you have looks kinda cute, with al these switches. Old thingy you love I assume?

The monitor is a professional grade Sony BVM 1416p and I bought it from Germany 2 years ago. It has a perfect picture quality and it is 30kg weight! All these frond switches are very handy for adjusting the picture for different jamma pcbs.

Sensi
Another great buy Green!
Your arcade collection is already very impressive.

green beret
RiKo wrote:

Awesome purchase Green beret Terry I have that on Dreamcast but isn't quite arcade perfect. What monitor/TV are you using? Looks very swish. I am thinking of buying a CRT at some point in the future for my old games.

Thank you. Either PS2 and Xbox versions are not 100% arcade perfect. They have extra minor lag and action doesn't feel so smooth as the arcade.

Sensi wrote:

Another great buy Green!
Your arcade collection is already very impressive.

Thank you very much Sensi! This will be one of the last games I add in my arcade collection though. No more room! So I stay with my 60-61 games (waiting for the Simpsons pcb and a Darksoft cps3 superbios cart)
Edited by green beret on 18. April 2016 16:16

-SD-
Well, it's finally happened. 16 years after it came out and I've brought my first PS2; a minty ceramic white slim Japanese one.

I was initially looking at getting a PSone but I thought I may as well sample games from both libraries.

First lot of stuff has arrived

i.imgur.com/hhIgLS3.jpg
i.imgur.com/OduEGJX.jpg
Edited by -SD- on 23. February 2016 17:33

Sensi
Another essential buy SD, keep up the good work!
Like the Saturn games, do you buy the Japanese versions due price?
And are you able to understand the language?

PS is one of the few platforms who has proven to give continuously quality.
IMHO all PS home consoles are essential in every collection, and I'm not even a PS fan.

-SD-
Price and condition mainly. But also for all the bonkers stuff that never made it to the west.

I was initially looking for a chipped UK PlayStation, but that didn't go anywhere so I just got a Japanese PStwo console. I'd like to be able to play the odd English game, but I'm not overly bothered.

At least with the Saturn I can play US games without any messing around. I've been looking for loose disc only US copies of Burning Rangers and Guardian Heroes so I can put them in their respective Japanese cases.

And no I don't speak Japanese unfortunately, otherwise you'd all have Samurai Spirits RPG and Policenauts in English by now....

Jump to Forum: