Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
cthulhu
Sensi wrote:

Maybe a silly question, but are newer PCB's smaller than their older counterparts? Cthulhu, on the photo the board doesn't look very big.

The newer PCBs created by Cave (2004 and onward) are indeed a lot smaller than the older ones. They started using their own harware with Mushihimesama. Very easy storing these PCBs.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
I picked up a copy of Soul Edge for PS1. I've never really been into 3D fighters but thought I would give this a try. It was in the bargain section of a local game store and only cost 30 yen which is about 16 pence in British money! The manual is missing though. I played quite a few matches this evening with another guy who is living here and we really enjoyed it. Seong Mi-na is my favourite character so far.

vas
merlin wrote:

I picked up a copy of Soul Edge for PS1. I've never really been into 3D fighters but thought I would give this a try. It was in the bargain section of a local game store and only cost 30 yen which is about 16 pence in British money! The manual is missing though. I played quite a few matches this evening with another guy who is living here and we really enjoyed it. Seong Mi-na is my favourite character so far.

Good old soul caliber Wink

RiKo
Merlin wrote :- I picked up a copy of Soul Edge for PS1. I've never really been into 3D fighters but thought I would give this a try. It was in the bargain section of a local game store and only cost 30 yen which is about 16 pence in British money! The manual is missing though. I played quite a few matches this evening with another guy who is living here and we really enjoyed it. Seong Mi-na is my favourite character so far.

I haven't played the original but I'm a huge fan of Soul Calibur on DC. Tekken and Soul C/Edge are both great multiplayer games. Nice puchase Merlin Thumbs Up

I just bought Galaxy Force 2 for Sega Saturn. I think it's 30fps rather than the 60fps of the arcade but otherwise it's awesome. I think I have all the Sega Superscaler games on the Saturn now. Those are probably my favourite thing about the console, those and the 2D schmups.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
I'm keen to play some more Soul Calibur Vas and RiKo. Have only played it briefly. This series for some reason appeals to me more than other 3D fighters I've played. I think it's because of the character designs and that you can use weapons. Noticed that NeoGeoNinja is a big fan of Soul Edge.

Congrats on getting Galaxy Force II RiKo. As you know I also love those Sega Superscaler games. Definitely one of the highlights of the Saturn game library. I still need to get GFII and Power Drift.

I got one more PS1 game: Wipeout 3. Very impressed with it.

green beret
Soul Calibur seems very attractive for me too. I was ready to buy the arcade board a while back, but I didn't because dreamcast version is the best and this fact turned me down.

vas
merlin wrote:

I'm keen to play some more Soul Calibur Vas and RiKo. Have only played it briefly. This series for some reason appeals to me more than other 3D fighters I've played. I think it's because of the character designs and that you can use weapons. Noticed that NeoGeoNinja is a big fan of Soul Edge.

Congrats on getting Galaxy Force II RiKo. As you know I also love those Sega Superscaler games. Definitely one of the highlights of the Saturn game library. I still need to get GFII and Power Drift.

I got one more PS1 game: Wipeout 3. Very impressed with it.

I was just making reference to soul edge being soul caliber one mate I had it on the ps1 first time around one of the whole reasons got a dreamcast, you should defiantly pick up a Dc now mate then do a compare Wink

cthulhu
My last purchases:

Dodonpachi Daioujou
lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aivFAbcqXGM/VhVSmkXye5I/AAAAAAAACDs/n4Rt3NmUtsw/s1024-Ic42/Dodonpachi%252520Daioujou.jpg

Guardians/ Denjin Makai II
lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_vZIwl87gco/ViO8jthRBKI/AAAAAAAACFg/HHAWuOfezD4/s720-Ic42/Guardians%252520Denjin%252520Makai%252520II.jpg
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

vas
cthulhu wrote:

My last purchases:

Dodonpachi Daioujou
lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aivFAbcqXGM/VhVSmkXye5I/AAAAAAAACDs/n4Rt3NmUtsw/s1024-Ic42/Dodonpachi%252520Daioujou.jpg

Guardians/ Denjin Makai II
lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_vZIwl87gco/ViO8jthRBKI/AAAAAAAACFg/HHAWuOfezD4/s720-Ic42/Guardians%252520Denjin%252520Makai%252520II.jpg

so jelly Annoyed nah great buy's

Are we allowed to talk about digital purchases in here? been on a pc spending spree last 2 months.

Sensi
Yeah Vas, why not. Which PC games did you bought and do you have a high-end gaming PC for it?

vas
Sensi wrote:

Yeah Vas, why not. Which PC games did you bought and do you have a high-end gaming PC for it?

Cool, no high end machine actually quite the opposite it's from 2002 Shock but I don't know what it's made out of kryptonite I think ,thing will not break even when thrown Grin I tested it.

You can pick my pc up complete for $40 dollars on eBay and it runs everything I have tried.

I tried steam but I don't like the treat you as a thief policy after only 2 purchases I drop it , but there is an alternative I found it was GoG.com aka good old games as a more of a retro gamer it had a lot of games I never got to play since I had a iMac when they came out added bonus no drm at all or serial keys just install and go you can burn the installers to a cd or upload them to your cloud based services to have acess to them on any pc anywhere around the world. (Or share them with your mates)

Now to the games (sorry for rambling)

Starwars knight of the Republic 2
Papers please
Raiden legacy
Revolt
Mount and blade
Toren
Crimson clover <---- in love with this
The walking dead 400 days
The walking dead episodes
Beat hazard / ultra
Tales from border lands episodes 1-3 awaiting the new episodes (2015)
This war is mine <---- awsome civilian war survival game
Terraia <---- terrible disappointment I rathe the PS3 port
Raiden 3
Mortal kombat 1-3 <---- old pc versions ok but I have PS3 ports and they play better
Mitsurgai kamui hikae <---- odd ball female samurai ish game with a school girl I like it.
Ocean horn monsters under the sea . very similar to zelda but isometric 3d
Cannon fodder 1/2 .. I owned it for Amiga years ago was a instant purchase.

There are few more have to have a look at pc if you would like to try anything above as there drm free I willing to put up a link for known members but treat them like a demo if you like them buy them.

-SD-
Probably quite a few since my last post.... but as for the past couple of months:

Wii U
Yoshi Wooly World box with Wooly Yoshi amiibo
Super Mario Maker box with the amiibo
Wonderful 101
Legend of Kay
Teslagrad
Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (Fatal Frame)
Shovel Knight

3DS
Zelda Triforce Heroes
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

PS3
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

I'm sure that's about it. I'm still looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X for Xmas.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

-SD-
The Wii U and 3DS Limited Editions of Rodea: The Sky Soldier arrived today. They both come with a soundtrack CD, art book and pendant thingy. I haven't opened the 3DS version, but the U one includes the original Wii version and reversible cover art.

The hardcover Megaman Tribute artbook also came today. I've only had a brief flick through, but I'm very impressed so far.

So other than Xenoblade and the Shovel Knight amiibo that's if for games this year I reckon. Well.... depending on what gets announced in tonight's Direct. Although I can't see anything major being revealed for the remainder of this year... a Freedom Planet release would be nice though in time for Xmas.

Glowsquid
I bought Zero Divide (ps1 version, complete longbox) yesterday. This is a game I meant to try out for a whiel.

green beret
Last time I bought games was a long time ago. It was time to enter Xbox one so I got:
Xbox one elite console
Dead rising 3 apocalypse edition
Gears of War Ultimate
Halo master chief collection
Halo 5 guardians
Rayman legends
Rare replay
Forza 6
Xenoblade chronicles X
green beret attached the following images:
img_1219.jpg img_1220.jpg img_1223.jpg

Edited by green beret on 09. January 2016 10:33

green beret
I bought Wonderful 101, Destiny taken King PS4, Gears of War Judgement
green beret attached the following image:
img_1236.jpg

Edited by green beret on 09. January 2016 10:30

green beret
Today I received Bayonetta special edition Wii U, Zelda Wind Waker HD Wii U and Snin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker 3DS.
green beret attached the following images:
img_1243.jpg img_1241.jpg img_1239.jpg

Edited by green beret on 09. January 2016 10:32

-SD-
Xenoblade X Ltd Edition arrived a couple of weeks ago now. I have to admit that the game seems quite overwhelming. It's certainly value for money, but I'm not sure I personally have at least 100 or so hours to devote to it. I new the game was big before I ordered it, but it's a good 25 - 30 hours before you even get your big stompy mobile suit.

I really want to play through it so I think this might be the first time I get one of those Prima strategy guides to at least give me some sort of direction.

Santa's bringing the kids Little Battlers Experience and New Style Boutique 2 both for 3DS.

Sensi
Congrats to all your purchases. Lots of WiiU users here.

green beret
-SD- wrote:

Xenoblade X Ltd Edition arrived a couple of weeks ago now. I have to admit that the game seems quite overwhelming. It's certainly value for money, but I'm not sure I personally have at least 100 or so hours to devote to it. I new the game was big before I ordered it, but it's a good 25 - 30 hours before you even get your big stompy mobile suit.

I really want to play through it so I think this might be the first time I get one of those Prima strategy guides to at least give me some sort of direction.

Santa's bringing the kids Little Battlers Experience and New Style Boutique 2 both for 3DS.

Those Prima guides are great! I usually buy them for games I love too much and also for collection purposes.
Sensi wrote:

Congrats to all your purchases. Lots of WiiU users here.

Thank you Sensi! Wii U is my favorite last gen console.

Jump to Forum: