Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
green beret
merlin wrote:

Congrats on adding the awesome Denjin Makai 2 to your collection Green Beret! Beat 'em ups don't get much better than this.

I was playing it online a few days ago with a friend. They added it recently as FightCade but unfortunately there's some kind of problem with sprites flickering.

Oriental Legend is a great beat 'em up too.

Thank you Merlin!
I hope they fix the flickering sprites because 2 players online sounds great! Despite all these it doesn't seem to have alternative routes like IGS games...Does it?
Oriental Legend is very addictive to play...and I admit I haven't played choosing a boss yet.
Which character is your favorite for Guardians?

merlin
green beret wrote:
Thank you Merlin!
I hope they fix the flickering sprites because 2 players online sounds great! Despite all these it doesn't seem to have alternative routes like IGS games...Does it?
Oriental Legend is very addictive to play...and I admit I haven't played choosing a boss yet.

There are a few different routes you can choose in Guardians. After some stages (including after stage 1) you can press up or down to select the next stage.

In the past I mostly used Zeldia but these days Kurokishi is my favourite. Not many beat 'em ups have so many characters to choose from and all of them are great designs. Which character is your favourite so far Green Beret?

green beret
merlin wrote:

green beret wrote:
Thank you Merlin!

There are a few different routes you can choose in Guardians. After some stages (including after stage 1) you can press up or down to select the next stage.

In the past I mostly used Zeldia but these days Kurokishi is my favourite. Not many beat 'em ups have so many characters to choose from and all of them are great designs. Which character is your favourite so far Green Beret?

There is a stage selection after all! This great news!
Last night I finished the game using Tulks. I like how this guy looks. He is medium speed but has 2 very good moves. Fireballs and a great grab. I did accidentally a combo roundhouse kick that looked like a desperation move but don't know how I did it. Do you know if there any other moves except the ones shown in the beginning?
After finishing it I played all characters once and defeated the first boss to see how others play except Kurokishi. I played with her the night before and was actually the first hero I chose to try the game, but I had not paid any attention on her moves and my play was something like hack n slash. I will try her again though. Rou is very good too! I killed the boss with him in no time!

I finally found a King of Dragons Japanese version and talk with the seller. Maybe it is v910805 but I am not sure. Is there any chance to be Japanese and 910711 at the same time? Or this buggy 910711 is only the World one?
Edited by green beret on 20. May 2015 19:03

cthulhu
green beret wrote:
Although I didn't have the time to finish it, yes it's a great game because it controls very well and its gameplay is rich.
Yes I bought it from a Korean seller and its price was way too high than normal but I couldn't resist. At least it is in near mint shape and all components on the board are made in Japan.
If you are patient you will get a much better deal than me...

I generally don't mind overpaying for a game, as long as it isn't too much. I don't need to make a profit on games as I tend to keep them forever, so I don't mind (in the end it's all about having fun with it). Some games I bought reletively cheap, some I've overpayed and some went down in value quite a bit over time (some the other way around by the way).
The biggest reason not to search for it now, is that I've set myself a goal to have at least one version of each Cave shmup PCB in my collection, with the exceptance of Deathsmiles II. I only have 5 more to go, so that goal is in reach within the next 1-2 years.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

green beret wrote:
Although I didn't have the time to finish it, yes it's a great game because it controls very well and its gameplay is rich.
Yes I bought it from a Korean seller and its price was way too high than normal but I couldn't resist. At least it is in near mint shape and all components on the board are made in Japan.
If you are patient you will get a much better deal than me...

I generally don't mind overpaying for a game, as long as it isn't too much. I don't need to make a profit on games as I tend to keep them forever, so I don't mind (in the end it's all about having fun with it). Some games I bought reletively cheap, some I've overpayed and some went down in value quite a bit over time (some the other way around by the way).
The biggest reason not to search for it now, is that I've set myself a goal to have at least one version of each Cave shmup PCB in my collection, with the exceptance of Deathsmiles II. I only have 5 more to go, so that goal is in reach within the next 1-2 years.
I paid for it about 3 times its worth. I had seen once an auction that ended 90$. So you can do the math! I don't care also overpaying for the games that will be keepers anyway! You have a great Cave collection but you don't need to buy games that you won't play Wink I have 64 arcade games and my mind is confused when I have an hour free and decide to play, because for a first time in my life I have so many great games at once and don't know what to pick! All of them are really playable. I wil not buy games just to complete a set or something, I will only buy the most playable games from every platform. Games that scream to be played. Then I also have Mega Drive's most playable games, SNES's and tha same goes on for almost every platform. That's why I sold Rage of the Dragons, Ninja Master's, Mutation Nation, Robo Army, Sengoku 2, ASO II, Sonic Wings 2&3, Viewpoint, Last Resort, Pulstar, Bang Bead, Puzzle Bubble 2, Neo Drift out, Dragon World 3, Martial Masters, Rumble Fish, Kof 97,98,00,XI and a Japanese Phantasy Star Gaiden for Game Gear (RPG with Japanese text). I also need to sell my Sonic Drift and Sonic Drift 2 for Game Gear as I will never play them.
EDIT: Here is what I have now
http://www.neogeo...post_67423
Edited by green beret on 21. May 2015 10:54

cthulhu
You're absolutely right! I would never buy a game that I would never play, that's just a waste of money in my opinion, like buying games and leaving them new in box for display only...Games? Play them, don't display them.
I'm a big fan of Cave games and I love them all, some more than others, but I play them all once in a while. I have the same as you, I have a reasonably large collection and sometimes I really can't decide what to play...I also grow bored pretty quickly with games and change the games in my cabs on a regular basis.
My arcade stuff

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

You're absolutely right! I would never buy a game that I would never play, that's just a waste of money in my opinion, like buying games and leaving them new in box for display only...Games? Play them, don't display them.
I'm a big fan of Cave games and I love them all, some more than others, but I play them all once in a while. I have the same as you, I have a reasonably large collection and sometimes I really can't decide what to play...I also grow bored pretty quickly with games and change the games in my cabs on a regular basis.

Great! We have much in common Smile

merlin
green beret wrote:
Last night I finished the game using Tulks. I like how this guy looks. He is medium speed but has 2 very good moves. Fireballs and a great grab. I did accidentally a combo roundhouse kick that looked like a desperation move but don't know how I did it. Do you know if there any other moves except the ones shown in the beginning?

Good to hear you really enjoying Denjin Makai 2. Yes there are some other moves not listed on the select screen. This move list should help:

http://www.gamefa...faqs/33859

green beret wrote:
I finally found a King of Dragons Japanese version and talk with the seller. Maybe it is v910805 but I am not sure. Is there any chance to be Japanese and 910711 at the same time? Or this buggy 910711 is only the World one?

I'm only aware of two Japanese KOD PCBs both of which are version 810850 but have a different B board. There isn't a Japan 910711 version on Mame and I can't find anything on the net saying that version exists.

It's not that the World 910711 version is buggy, it's just that later revisions have some improvements, e.g. the game is more challenging, has additional music etc.

green beret
merlin wrote:

green beret wrote:

Good to hear you really enjoying Denjin Makai 2. Yes there are some other moves not listed on the select screen. This move list should help:

http://www.gamefa...faqs/33859

green beret wrote:

I'm only aware of two Japanese KOD PCBs both of which are version 810850 but have a different B board. There isn't a Japan 910711 version on Mame and I can't find anything on the net saying that version exists.

It's not that the World 910711 version is buggy, it's just that later revisions have some improvements, e.g. the game is more challenging, has additional music etc.

Thank you for the guide Merlin, there are some awesome moves for Tulks in there!
I will let you know of course which version of King of Dragons will be Smile

cthulhu
HEAVEN IS HERE INSIDE MY SOUL! FEVER!

Moost groovy (Bullet Hell) shmup ever!!!

lh5.googleusercontent.com/-bULKXIZnXgc/VWoeo17ZonI/AAAAAAAABlU/PR4wiEh3Gdw/w438-h657-no/Dangun%2BFeveron.jpg
My arcade stuff

Sensi
Congrats Cthulhu!
Just checked out YouTube for some impressions. Man, hyper, hyper, hyper.
It's no game to play before going to bed!
Really cool you can adjust the speed of your ship at the beginning.
Graphics look very nice and clean for a 1998 game.
So how is the gameplay, some original additions?

cthulhu
I think it's the most stressful and fastest game Cave has ever created...it's all about speedkills, destroying everything as fast as possible while collecting all cyborgs/ disco men before thay leave the screen.
Gemplay is really different from all other Cave games as your ship only has one speed and no focus movement...in other Cave games the character/ ship you control slows down when you press and hold the shot button.
Scoring system is also really original. Basically all enemies are worth only 1 point. For each cyborg/ disco man collected (disc released by destroyed enemies), the score is raised by 1 point...so 11 cyborgs/ disco men collected gives you 12 points for each destroyed enemy. Cyborgs/ disco men float down the screen and bounce back up when the reach the bottom of the screen...when they arrive at the top of the screen and leave, you'll hear a really depressing sound and the amount of cyborgs/ disco men you've collected is reset so enemies are worth only 1 point again. So between dodging bullets and destroying enemies, you'll have to collect ALL cyborgs/ disco men otherwise you score will be crap.
Fantastic and very difficult game with great music and nice small details in the graphics (for example the sparks flying off enemies when you hit them with your shot).
Now I want to buy Donpachi.
My arcade stuff

Sensi
Hihi, never heard you so enthouastiac about one (Cave) game.
Music is great indeed. With this whole disco dip, the game has a akward but original vibe.
Can you estimate how many hours you'll need to master this game or any other general shoot m up?

cthulhu
You should hear me about Guwange!
I can't really tell you how much time someone has to invest to actually beat a Cave game with a 1CC, but I've met a French guy that 1CC'd both Dodonpachi Saidaioujou and Mushihimesama Futari. He told me he plays these games for at least a year exclusively day in day out to get better...he really dedicated himself to only one game at a time for at least one year.
Here's a nice pdf to read if you want to know more on how to play bullet hell shmups: http://goo.gl/Fi2zE
The only thing I disagree on, is the statement that you should avoid PCBs and always practise games in MAME.
My arcade stuff

Sensi
Thanks for the guide. Any help is welcome to give a good insight how to play STG.
I always thought having a good/eye coordination is a pre to achieve a high score.
You could train it to a certain level but the best players have a talent for it, just like sports.

cthulhu
One trick is not to look at your ship/ character (too much), but look at the upper half of the screen as much as possible (with vertical games of course). That way you can spot gaps in the patterns before they reach you. Of course memorization of enemy placement and the bullet patterns themselves is also really important.
Even after knowing all this, I'm still quite crap at playing this type of game, but it's still fun playing them.
My arcade stuff

green beret
King of Dragons.
green beret attached the following images:
image_46.jpg image_47.jpg image_48.jpg

merlin
green beret wrote:

King of Dragons.

Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Awesome game! Congrats!

green beret
merlin wrote:

green beret wrote:

King of Dragons.

Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Awesome game! Congrats!

Thank you Merlin, it's one of the best Capcom beat me ups!

On Saturday I received Irem's In the Hunt. A gorgeous underwater shooter where you move the screen to proceed or not. High quality "Metal Slug" graphics.
green beret attached the following images:
image_49.jpg image_50.jpg image_51.jpg

Sensi
Looks familiar to you Geen Beret?

s2.postimg.org/8y9a8ktjd/IMG_0538.jpg

Bought Ninja Baseball Batman from him!

Thanks friend for all the support, the game is working perfectly and is so much fun.
So fellow members, don't hesitate to deal with this friendly guy Wink

Jump to Forum: