Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
green beret
merlin wrote:

Nice purchases everyone. Some awesome arcade games.Thumbs Up

I just moved to a new home and since there are other people living here too I thought it might be a nice idea to buy a cheap console and hopefully get some two player games going. I thought about getting either a Saturn, DC or SNES but ended up buying a PS1. It only cost 2000 yen (just under 11). I've never owned a PS1 before so I'm quite excited about it! The only games I've bought so far are Nekketsu Oyako (which was one of the original launch titles in Japan) and Capcom Generation volume 4 (Commando, Mercs, Gun.Smoke). I plan to buy Guilty Gear, Street Fighter Zero 3, Samurai Shodown 4 and Smash Court 2 next.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/IMG_0692_zps3adfbf11.jpg
Excellent buy. I don't own a PS1 but I may buy it in the future. Symphony of the night would be one of the first tiltles to get.
I wish you happy gaming with your new neighborsSmile

merlin
Thanks Green Beret.

I had forgotten about Symphony of the Night. I have the Saturn version back home but have only played it briefly. The ntsc-j PS1 version is quite cheap so I might buy that too.

There are lots of cheap PS1 games on the amazon marketplace. Today I ordered Guilty Gear, SFZ3, SS4 and Smash Court 3. The total cost including shipping was 1332 Yen (about 7/$11). The PS1 port of Samurai Shodown 4 seems like a very good version despite some animation cuts.

https://www.youtu...GYNoETytAA

Sensi
Excellent buy Merlin, especially for that price! I'm a little surprised there are still some people on this planet who never owned a PS1. It's quite unique Wink
Do you have a Multi-Tap for four players? If not, I should have one to give away.

The PS1 library is filled with a lot of great (multiplayer) games, the list goes on and on. A really great multiplayer game is Crash Bash. It's a bit like Mario Party, but better. Overlooked but very fun game to play with more players.

Track & Field is superb when you are into sports and want to compete with friends. It's button bashing all over the place but hilarious.
Crash Team Racing is a Mario Kart clone, but good nevertheless.

Other (single player) tips: Klonoa, Tomba 1 and 2 (Platform) Metal Gear Solid (Stealth) Suikoden 1 and 2 (RPG) Dino Crisis, Resident Evil series, Silent Hill (Survival Horror), Silent Bomber (Action) Legacy of Kain, Soul Reaver (Action-adventure). And yes, GET Symphony of the Night!

merlin
Thank you for your kind offer Sensi. I don't have a multi-tap. However, although some four player action would be great I doubt there will enough people here who are interested in playing so I don't plan to buy another two controllers. One other person is keen to play though so hopefully we can play plenty of two player games. We did a playthrough of Nekketsu Oyako recently which was great.

Some years ago I went through a long period of only playing PC games so that's why I didn't buy a PS1 when it was released. When I got back into console gaming later I skipped a generation and bought a PS2.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check those games out on youtube.

I wanted to get a PS1 racing game so ended up buying Street Racer because I always loved playing the SNES version.

green beret
Sold my Rage of the Dragons MVS kit and with the excact same money bought Asterix! Waiting to arrive from Nederlands!
Also selling my Puzzle Bubble 2 MVS kit and my Ghost Pilots AES to buy other stuff.

green beret
Puzzle Bubble 2 MVS sold!
Received CPS Warriors of Fate and CPS2 Marvel Super Heroes! Awesome games.
Warriors of Fate rocks, far better than I expected it to be.

Also I purchased the following games and waiting EMS from Japan to bring them to me combined all together in one big box:
1.CPS2 Super Street Fighter 2 X Japanese + A board
2.CPS2 Vampire Savior Japanese + A board
3.CPS2 Progear No Arashi Japanese + A board
4.TAITO F3 Bubble Symphony + Taito F3 motherboard
5.TAITO F3 Bubble Memories
6.TAITO F3 Darius Gaiden.
All 3 A boards have silent fans installed in them
This package is the hottest I have ever ordered!
Edited by green beret on 18. December 2014 15:59

merlin
green beret wrote:

It sure does! Good to hear you're enjoying this classic.

I took your advice (and Sensi's) and bought Symphony of the Night. It came with a mini art book and soundtrack CD. I also bought Castlevania Chronicles. I had never played the Sharp X68000 Castlevania before. Have just ordered Technosoft's 'Fantasic' Pinball too which I already own for Saturn. Such a great game and since the PS1 version was very cheap (331 yen/1.77!) I decided to get that too.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/IMG_0734_zpse1ef256a.jpg

Glowsquid
I purchased a ps2 online yesterday, and I'm just back from getting the following games at a local pawn shop:

Armored Core: Ninebreaker
Gungriffon Blaze
S.L.A.I: Steel Lancer Arena International
Wiepout Fusion (got it for free, lol. Disc is beaten up hardcore, though...)

P. satisfied by this haul.

green beret
Glowsquid wrote:

I purchased a ps2 online yesterday, and I'm just back from getting the following games at a local pawn shop:

Armored Core: Ninebreaker
Gungriffon Blaze
S.L.A.I: Steel Lancer Arena International
Wiepout Fusion (got it for free, lol. Disc is beaten up hardcore, though...)

P. satisfied by this haul.
Well done!

green beret
merlin wrote:

green beret wrote:

It sure does! Good to hear you're enjoying this classic.

I took your advice (and Sensi's) and bought Symphony of the Night. It came with a mini art book and soundtrack CD. I also bought Castlevania Chronicles. I had never played the Sharp X68000 Castlevania before. Have just ordered Technosoft's 'Fantasic' Pinball too which I already own for Saturn. Such a great game and since the PS1 version was very cheap (331 yen/1.77!) I decided to get that too.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/IMG_0734_zpse1ef256a.jpg
Bravo Merlin! Maybe some day I will buy a PS one with this game!... and a PC Engine with Rondo of Blood!

Atomduck
I don't post here as often but after about a 3 year absence I finally bought a new Neo game.

I'm a proud owner of a conversion copy of Ghostlop! Surprisingly fun game.
Atomduck attached the following image:
ghostaes.jpg

green beret
Bought the following PCBs: Carrier Airwing, 19xx, Captain Commando, Alien Storm, Battle Circuit, the Crystal of Kings with mobo, Oriental Legend 2 with mobo. Waiting for them to be shipped
But still waiting my previous purchases Super Street Fighter 2X, Vampire Savior, Progear No Arashi, Darius Gaiden with mobo, Bubble Bobble 2, Bubble Bobble 3, Asterix.
Receiving tomorrow Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Edited by green beret on 01. January 2015 22:44

green beret
Also bought Primal Rage 2.3 version pcb

cthulhu
Wow, quite an impressing shopping spree.
I'm also waiting for some games to arrive (Oriental Legend 2 and Martial Masters) and I'm in the process of buying another one (The Punisher).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Wow, quite an impressing shopping spree.
I'm also waiting for some games to arrive (Oriental Legend 2 and Martial Masters) and I'm in the process of buying another one (The Punisher).
We will exchange opinions when we receive Oriental Legend 2!
The Punisher!?
Great purchase! I still haven't found one to buy.

green beret
Received these
green beret attached the following images:
image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg image_3.jpg

green beret
My next packet came! Still few to come.
Battle Cicuit and Crystal of Kings
green beret attached the following image:
bc.jpg

Edited by green beret on 02. February 2015 17:13

cthulhu
Received this week:

Martial Masters:
lh3.googleusercontent.com/--a3PI35Hd0c/VLawQoDjLCI/AAAAAAAABGY/BZfJN72bYFA/w891-h592-no/Martial%2BMasters.jpg

Oriental Legend 2 with 30 memory cards and everything else needed:
lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qyIPHJ1fxVc/VLawUIaY6MI/AAAAAAAABGg/Tgru2jBYJ2A/w891-h592-no/Oriental%2BLegend%2B2.jpg

One more package to arrive before my temporary purchase stop...I've spent way too much money on games the last few months.
My arcade stuff

green beret
Received Oriental Legend yesterday. It needed a battery change.
green beret attached the following image:
ol2.jpg

Edited by green beret on 02. February 2015 17:15

cthulhu
Oriental Legend 2/ PGM2 needed a battery change? As far as I know the PGM2 doesn't have any batteries.
Great game isn't it?
My arcade stuff

Jump to Forum: