Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
priest
Daraku Tenshi: From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikiped...._SNK_2_EO

"Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO is the same game but with minor changes in gameplay and the inclusion of an EO ("Easy Operation"Wink system that allows the player to perform specific attacks by simply moving the right analog stick in a certain direction. Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO also removed the Roll Cancel glitch that was in the original versions.

Like all other home versions of the game, CvS2: EO also contains four bonus characters: Evil Ryu, Orochi Iori, Shin Akuma (Shin Gouki in Japan), and Ultimate Rugal (God Rugal in Japan), powered-up versions of four regular characters. Shin Akuma and Ultimate Rugal are the boss fighters, and display tactics typical of bosses from SNK Playmore's fighting games. However, the damage taken by Shin Akuma and Ultimate Rugal is increased to balance their above-average speed and special attacks.

Before selecting a team, the game offers a selection of "Grooves", which change the way the game is played, as well as "AC-ism" or "GC-ism" Grooves; GC-ism simplifies the control scheme, originally designed for the GameCube gamepad. In the Xbox version it's called EO-ism.

In addition, the Xbox version of CvS2: EO also included online play for up to 2 players on Xbox Live as well as progressive-scan (480p) support, which was noticeably absent in the PlayStation 2 version."

...This game will probably reamin in itīs plastic wrapping, since I already own the *regular* version to play.

I got the EO really cheap so I just had to get itSmile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
DarakuTenshi
Hmm... yeah I'd probably leave it in the wrap as well after reading that.

hitorkori
lol i had it on gamecube but never got on with pad & dumbed down specials + the dreamcast cvspro with arcade sticks was on more il like the idea of doing my own special in game you appreciate it more when it comes off to a victory SmileGoogle Search

reelmojo
I buy too many games.

Revenge of Shinobi (PSN) ($1!)
Alex Kidd in Miracle World (PSN) (also $1!)
Sonic Adventure 2 HD (XBLA)
Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS3)

Also, Shui Hu Feng Yun Zhuan arrived in the mail today in all it's glory. I beat it and got what appeared to be a "Okay, now try it on a harder difficulty!" ending. At least I assume that's what it was. It is in Chinese afterall. The game could use an increase in difficulty so I probably would have bumped up the difficulty next time anyway. Good stuff though!

-SD-
For a HKoriginal, Shui Hu Feng Yun Zhuan is apparently very good. Although I did chuckle when I spotted some blatantly robbed SFII assets in there....

Can you post a picture of it please? Do you have the original release or one of the various copies?
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEOâ€ĒGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

reelmojo
I kinda sucks that they blatantly robbed assets from other games because if they had made everything original they could have sold it in other territories and possibly had a hit on their hands. As it is though it's still really good.

My copy probably isn't from the initial batch judging by it's perfect condition, but at least I don't see any evidence that they used a donor cart. The back of the cart where there would normally be some copyright information is completely blank. I'm not 100% familiar with the ins and outs of typical Mega Drive carts though, since this is the first game in an MD shell I've ever owned.
reelmojo attached the following image:
shui.png

merlin
Shui Hu Feng Yun Zhuan looks great. The developers clearly got some inspiration from Knights of the Round. I still love Alex Kidd in Miracle World it was the very first game I owned. A bargain for only $1! Nice purchases Reelmojo.

Finally received my Caanoo today. Haven't spent much time with it yet but am impressed so far. The overall build quality seems good. The thumb stick has a good feel to it. The Capcom and SNK games I tried so far ran pretty well. Luckily it came loaded with roms and emulators already.

DarakuTenshi
Just picked up Assassins Creed 2 for 360 and Madden 2012 for PS3 each was $5.05 at Goodwill. I've never played Assassins Creed and the third game really intrigues me so I figured five bucks would be nice. I don't even like Madden but I have a lot of people I know that do so again $5 I'm not breaking the bank.

Chiba3010
Assassin's Creed 2 is phenomenal. You're gonna love it. I also skipped the first entry, and it didn't seem like I missed all that much, at least as far as plot continuation was concerned. Wink

reelmojo
A few more online purchases. First, off a site called Yardsellr I picked up Zelda: Majora's Mask Collector's Edition CIB. It should sell for $70 or more and I got it for $35! Yardsellr is an odd site, but it's definitely worth browsing every once in a while to see if someone is selling something for a vastly lower price than it's worth. My friend recently got Final Fantasy VII with the misprint for way cheaper than he should have from there.

I also finally picked up the reprint edition of Pier Solar. They're running low on copies and there's a good chance it'll never be available again so now is the time. Now I know I will never be tempted to open up my sealed first edition, which already sells for over $600 whenever an auction pops up on Ebay.

Later on today (whenever PSN updates) I plan on getting The Unfinished Swan. It looks extremely interesting. Also Sega is continuing their recent trend of dropping the price of one of their PSN games to $1 for one week and this week's game is Monster World IV. Supporting Monster World is always a good thing, so I'm definitely getting that.

DarakuTenshi
Well here is my new game. I was looking at 4 different RPG games for the 3DS today and this is the one I settled on.
imageshack.us/a/img109/6164/photooct1840808pm.jpg
So far it's an okay game. It's mostly story and then button mashing action tossed in. I thought it was going to be similar play style of Dungeons and Dragons arcade but you don't go through stages. Basically the formula is you get spoken dialog between characters then you fight a bunch of people in one small area and possibly a boss character. Then you might get more dialog or an Anime sequence.

-SD-
Finally managed to get my hands on the New Astro City I've been after Beard

imageshack.us/a/img507/2941/imageqxo.jpg

It looks to be in fantastic overall condition and it even has a brand new tri-sync monitor fitted. Need to sort the delivery details out, but hopefully it'll be later this week or early next week.

Headbang
Edited by -SD- on 22. October 2012 18:56

cthulhu
Congratulations on getting that SNAC...I love those. From what I can see, that's in great condition, is it refurbished? Also very important, you got keys...I have one that was missing the lock for the coin door, so I had to buy a new lock.
Again great buy and have lots of fun with it!
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
Congrats SD. That New Astro City looks in great condition. Judging from that photo I'm guessing you bought it from Digital Systems Design? Are you going to have to partially
dismantle the cab or will it fit ok through your door?

-SD-
Yeah, it's one of Jeff's refurbs. Now you mention it, it should just fit through the front door, but the porch door might have to come off to get it through.... I assumed it would be ok, but then I remembered the Black Storm came in sideways :$

I must admit though, I've never been a huge fan of the artwork on Astros. I've found a really nice official Sega CP overlay to replace the current one with though. I'm going to change over all the rest of the art to match too.

priest
SD: Thatīs one fine looking NACThumbs Up The speaker covers arenīt yellowed like the usually are on these cabs. Do you know if these have been replaced or repainted?

You shouldnīt replace the original art work though, that would be a pity...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
cthulhu
-SD- wrote:

Yeah, it's one of Jeff's refurbs. Now you mention it, it should just fit through the front door, but the porch door might have to come off to get it through.... I assumed it would be ok, but then I remembered the Black Storm came in sideways :$

Doors weren't a problem for me...the stairs were. I couldn't make the turn on the first set of stairs to get my toys to the attic. I had to take one NAC and a Pinball Machine apart and reassemble them in the attic...that really was a pain in the ass (not to mention my back). The other NAC I just left in the Living Room.

I must admit though, I've never been a huge fan of the artwork on Astros. I've found a really nice official Sega CP overlay to replace the current one with though. I'm going to change over all the rest of the art to match too.

Heresy!!!
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

reelmojo
Went to an independent video game store today and I picked up Contra Hard Corps CIB and Star Tropics CIB. Star Tropics is in excellent condition, and it was only $10. Contra Hard Corps isn't in the greatest shape, but I was able to talk the store owner down from $21 to $16. The cart alone goes for around $25 on Ebay so it was too good of a deal to pass up. I already owned a loose copy but as a collector it's too good of a game to not have a complete version.

Also got Corpse Party and Wonderboy in Monster Land on PSN as both are on sale this week. Corpse Party has been way too slow for my tastes so far (finished Chapter 1) but I'll give it a little more time before passing final judgement. At least the music and artwork are great. And I already owned WB in ML but it's only a dollar and as I said just a little while back when Monster World IV was the same price, it's always a good thing to show support for this series.

shion
@Reelmojo Contra Hard Corps. and Monster Land? Those are two of my favorite games man!! Great taste. There's something about each that shakes your core and makes you want to play over and over (Contra Hard Corps. co-op anyone?). Ha. Since you brought up WBML again, have you had a chance to try and playthrough the SMS version? You will find it is very faithful to the original given the hardware the programmers had to work with. In a way, the SMS version takes on a life of its own. I love when games ports are so well programmed that they take on a life of their own (SNES Killer Instinct for example). You will see this version has an extra stage and slight variances, but is still highly addictive. Oh, and one more thing. Did you see that an Italian gamer, Andrea Babich, recently (over the summer) had the opportunity to interview Ryuichi Nishizawa, the self proclaimed mastermind behind the programming of the series? It is a must-read for anyone with fond memories of Wonderboy! Grin
http://www.outcas...sterworld/

As for me, a couple weeks ago I bought Bad Piggies HD. It can definitely be addicting, but like its spiritual predecessor, BP gives off an educational vibe, which is sort of a turn off to me. All that physics/science bullsh*t has a place, just not in my games. I'll be writing a review of it on Gamefaqs soon, since my reviews of retro games I cherish aren't being read there. LOL
Edited by shion on 25. October 2012 20:57

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
-SD-
He-Man: The Most Powerful Game in the Universe for iOS. It's only 69p and well worth it for some hack n' slash platforming action.

All I remember about Hard Corps is that it was indeed very hard....

Jump to Forum: