Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
-SD-
Not a recent purchase as such, I donated towards the release of this last year, and the discs have finally arrived today.

imageshack.us/a/img543/2606/imagegip.jpg
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO‚ÄĘGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

priest
Dreamcast love In Love ...Did you buy three copies of the game?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
-SD-
I donated £100 towards the fund to buy the original GD-R and get the game released. It was only after the donations that it was decided all contributors would get a professionally pressed CD in a sealed case for every $50 donated. At the time 100 quid was about $165 so I was more than happy to claim three copies. Beard

Due to it being a very early DC game, there were quite a few problems ripping the disc and getting it to even boot on a retail system. There are still some glitches, so you need a keyboard or mouse to enter debug mode.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO‚ÄĘGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

rbelmonte171
@chiba, aquapazza is a lot of fun, I say go for it dude,
I'm just not having too much time to play these days works been busy,
Plus in the past few weeks I got
Tekken tag 2
Persona arena
Street fighter 25th anniversary
Aquapazza
Super Mario bros 2
And I have a couple more reserves to pick up

Glowsquid
Geist Force

I remember reading the AssemblerGames thread about dumping it early in its life but I stopped following it... is that release any close to being finished?

reelmojo
I haven't posted in a while, and I've been game shopping so many times since my last post in this thread that I know I'm going to miss a few in this list, but here we go...

Darksiders II (360)
Dragon's Dogma (360... for $10! Pawn shops can be awesome)
The Lost Vikings (Gen - CIB)
Chakan (Gen - CIB)
Genma Onimusha (XBox)
Arx Fatalis (XBox)
Qix (GB)
Kirby's Block Ball (GBC)
Power Quest (GBC... fighting/likte RPG hybrid from the makers of Waku Waku 7!)
Mark of the Ninja (XBLA)
Bushido Blade 2 (PS1 - CIB)
Capcom Fighting Evolution (XBox... I know it's supposed to be bad, but it was only $5)
Championship Pro AM (Gen - CIB to replace my loose copy)
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (PSP)

I think that's it. Dragon's Dogma was by far the best bargain. The Resident Evil 6 demo code that comes with it was even unused!

merlin
Welcome back Reelmojo! I noticed it's been around 2 months since you last posted. I haven't
played any of those games but I've always thought The Lost Vikings looked pretty fun. I'll
give it a try via emulation some time.

I just ordered a white Caanoo which I'm pretty excited about.

reelmojo
Thanks, Merlin. Moving put a hinder on my internet time (as it has several times in the past) but I'm back now.

And I'm posting in this thread because I just won an Ebay auction for a lot of CIB Genesis games...

Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sonic Spinball
Sonic & Knuckles
Spare Harrier II
Steel Empire
NBA Jam
NBA Jam TE
Golden Axe II

Only GAII and NBA Jam TE don't have books, everything else is in great condition and CIB. Some of these I'll have doubles of, but I didn't own any of them in the box already and as a collector I had to! I'm especially looking forward to trying out Steel Empire, the only game on the list I've never played before. It's a shooter with a steampunk aesthetic like Progear and you can shoot behind you like in Elemental Master or Death Smiles. That's good company to be in if you ask me.

Merlin, I just looked up what the Caanoo is and it looks like a pretty sweet system. Sounds great for handheld emulation.

Chiba3010
Anticipating the arrival of SF II: Champion Edition for the PC Engine, I realized there was no excuse to play it on my Supergrafx with the 2-button control pad currently used in my setup pictured below:

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/09557BFC-262C-47AF-AEB2-AA137576B4CC-2813-00000326D1420CF3_zps2212d9f0.jpg

Thankfully, I'll soon be swapping it out with this pad, ordered just a few hours ago.

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/046BA032-73F2-4C0D-8653-B57FDAE53AA8-2813-0000030D83166C73_zpsb21cbad8.jpg

Probably gonna use it solely for SF II (the only title offering 6-button gameplay I own for NEC's console) and switch back to the regular 2-button pad for everything else. Smile

NinjaMasters96
I have that same pad for my PC Engine. I love Street Fighter II Champion Edition on the PC Engine. Such a Great port. I also use that pad on Strip Fighter II. DONT JUDGE ME!!!!!!! LOL

Chiba3010
NinjaMasters96 wrote:

I have that same pad for my PC Engine. I love Street Fighter II Champion Edition on the PC Engine. Such a Great port. I also use that pad on Strip Fighter II. DONT JUDGE ME!!!!!!! LOL

Haha, no worries! Strip Fighter II is as much an obscure sideshow curiosity as it is an actual game. Guilty pleasure, so-bad-it's-good, obscure display piece, completest purchase, notorious cult classic, take your pick. Plenty reasons for owning outlandish titles like that one. Bonus points for being gutsy enough to admit owning it! Wink

For what it's worth, I'll admit that back in the day I actually spent $2 at my local Blockbuster Video store to rent Shaq Fu for the Genesis. Paying any amount of money, ANY amount whatsoever to play that revolting atrocity of a game should be punishable by law. Seriously, the only practical use for a Shaq Fu cart would be breaking it open and wedging the PCB under the uneven leg of a wobbly table to stabilize it, and using the remaining two halves of the plastic shell casing to scoop the shit out of your cat's litter box...

DarakuTenshi
Ok Chiba you know that I'm very jealous new... yes even more than when I found out you had Fighting Street II.

Funny thing about that... When I had found out the were making Street Fighter II for the TurboGrafx I actually wanted it to be called Fighting Street II. Of course, at that age I didn't understand marketing at all.

CrazyDiamond
Let's see:

Game Boy (original monochrome version):
Garou Densetsu 2
Samurai Shodown
King of Fighters '96
Tetris 2
Battle Arena Toshinden

Famicom:
Yoshi no Cookie

GBA:
Pac Man Pinball Advance

PS3:
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Dead Or Alive 5 (picking up tomorrow)

fusion24
KOF XIII
RESONANCE OF FATE
DARKSIDERS
DUNGEON SIEGE
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/papikie2001/RockHoward2.gif

hitorkori
i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/hitorkori/037.jpg
steelbook from shop.net £16.85 steelbook delivered

i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/hitorkori/024.jpg
nice came with iphone 4 cover too
i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/hitorkori/025.jpg
£12 asda could't pass it up
i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/hitorkori/023.jpg
£20 asda sealed again too good to pass up
i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/hitorkori/022.jpg
asda again just a tenner some team ninja metroid love my wii aint been on since april 2011 !

DarakuTenshi
Just picked up KOF XII today. I bought it originally on launch day and sold it after realizing that it was such an incomplete game. I love how the characters were so huge on the screen though... it always gave me the feeling of playing AOF fir the first time again.

Anyway I picked it up again today thinking that maybe I just didn't give it enough time. Nope... it feels even more incomplete now that I've played KOF XIII. Anyway it's still nice to have it again. I found a it as a new copy at the Game Stop that I frequent. I've been watching out for it for a while and was surprised to see a NEW copy on their shelves.

RiKo
nice purchases hitorkori . i didnt know Resi Evil 6 was out yet! Let us know what you think Smile

Daraku wrote :- I love how the characters were so huge on the screen though... it always gave me the feeling of playing AOF fir the first time again.

I agree, i preferred the look of the gfx on the fighters in that to KOFXIII,. I thought it was quite cool they were large too. i havent actually tried either of them yet since i only have time for a couple of fighters, and i still like the old KOFs and want to play those! Just going on gfx on the new games i was disappointed with some of the backgrounds in KOFXIII, it felt like the fighters were 'apart' from the background a lot of the time if that makes sense. For example, rather than fighting in a busy street like in the earlier KOFs, they were fighting in front of barriers and the crowd was behnind and seperate. and there were a lot of arenas, with bland looking backgrounds. still looks good though, just nitpicking!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
reelmojo
Two gems added to the collection (albeit, one of them is digital). Dragon Warrior VII for PS1 is a game I've been looking to acquire for years. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) is my favorite RPG ever and they took such a different approach with IX and especially X that the closest experience to VIII that exists is probably it's immediate prequel. Also, I love the 32 bit era for RPGs.

The second major purchase this week was of course Nights into Dreams HD! I got the PSN version since it came out on Tuesday and the XBLA version doesn't release until Friday. It's definitely just an HD port of the Japanese only PS2 version which is well worth the $10. That even means it has all of the Christmas Nights stuff unlockable. I don't know how today's youth will feel about a game that is all at once wholly unique and has an oldschool mentality, but I hope it does well. I can't say I'm hoping for a sequel, because there is a sequel. I'd just like the game to get more recognition.

EDIT: Just Ebayed a great Mega Drive beat'em up and definitely the oddity of my collection: Shui Hu Feng Yun Zhuan. It's a Taiwanese unlicensed pirate game that liberally lifts sprites and music from obvious sources, but the gameplay is so good you won't even care. In fact, playing a game of "spot the copyright infringement" while playing it makes it even more fun. It's not in a box, but given the game in question I'm not sure a box ever even existed. It was developed by Never Ending Soft Team, which has five Mega Drive games credited to them. Considering one of their other games was the stellar RPG Barver Battle Saga (or Brave Battle Saga if you're playing the translation) they seem to ditch pirate traditions and make some damn fine games.
Edited by reelmojo on 04. October 2012 22:45

priest
I got my hands on a CAPCOM VS SNK 2 EO game still in the original plastic wrapping, for the XBOX Thumbs Up (leftclick to magnify)

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/CapcomvsSNK2EO.jpg
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
DarakuTenshi
So what is the deal with EO? I remember seeing this game when I worked for Game Stop but I never payed much attention to is since I owned CVSII on the Dreamcast.

Jump to Forum: