Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
-SD-
DoDonPachi Resurrection arrived t other day, but I forgot to post it as I've been rather busy. It's probably going to sit there now for a couple of weeks though as I'd rather spend any free time getting through Zelda.

img27.imageshack.us/img27/5059/dodonpachiresurrectiond.jpg
Edited by -SD- on 23. November 2011 20:13
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/kofxiii-1.png

Hell yes.

Also, Sega's got a few games as XBLA Deal of the Week right now so I picked up Sega Rally Online Arcade for $5. It probably won't get played for a while since I'm still in the middle of Fallout 3 and... well... there's this new fighting game that's pretty decent... maybe you've heard of it.

PRETTY JEALOUS THAT...
the Xbox got the, frankly cooler, green artwork. I hope the PS3 sleeve is reversible?! really not keen on the orange 3 character variant myself...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
reelmojo wrote:
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/kofxiii-1.png

Hell yes.

Also, Sega's got a few games as XBLA Deal of the Week right now so I picked up Sega Rally Online Arcade for $5. It probably won't get played for a while since I'm still in the middle of Fallout 3 and... well... there's this new fighting game that's pretty decent... maybe you've heard of it.

Hey dude! You look like one happy camper!

It's amazing that one little 2D game can turn a frown up-side-down for us retro gamers. When I get Gunlord, I'll post a goofy picture of myself playing it on my newly acquired DC.

So, when you gonna invite me over for beer and KOF XIII? Pfft
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 24. November 2011 03:55
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

reelmojo
Not that I have any time to play more games, but Gamestop is having a buy 2 get one free sale so I got my friend a Christmas present (he does occasionally lurk around here so I won't say what I got him) and I got myself Darksiders and Alan Wake. Darksiders I've already played on a rental but I absolutely loved it so I needed to own it, and Alan Wake I know almost nothing about but I like it that way. It looks very atmospheric like Silent Hill, and I've heard nothing but good things about it so I'm looking forward to playing that one.

2D, there's no beer in my house, but there is KOFXIII and Mai's jiggly HD boobs are pretty intoxicating. If you actually lived close by I'd say come on over because I'd love to play 2 player offline.

Ninja, I'm glad the 360 version got the green artwork because I like it better too. Being the end of the Ash Crimson Saga it seems to me that he should probably be on the cover! Also, the green 360 logo and white stripe on top of 360 cases usually ruins good cover art, but in this case it's actually pretty cool. It's probably some of my favorite game cover art in recent years, and it definitely compares to the awesome KOFXI artwork.
Edited by reelmojo on 25. November 2011 16:43

TF73
Recently purchased Sonic Generations CE, Saints Row The Third Platinum Ed, Forza 4, HOTD Overkill PS3, Battlefield 3, KOF XIII, Alan Wake, Halo CEA, Deus Ex HR, Mario & Sonic SE and Space Marine LE to mention some.

rbelmonte171
@ reelmojo

how is the online play on the 360 (kof XIII)
because i have the ps3 version and it is just so laggy,
im thinking of getting the xbox version just to try it..

NeoGeoNinja
TF73 wrote:
Recently purchased Sonic Generations CE, Saints Row The Third Platinum Ed, Forza 4, HOTD Overkill PS3, Battlefield 3, KOF XIII, Alan Wake, Halo CEA, Deus Ex HR, Mario & Sonic SE and Space Marine LE to mention some.

ERRR...
well, good luck managing to complete all of those before reaching your 50th Birthday! Pfft

Ninja

lee gray
TF73 wrote:

im tempted to get sonic generations

NEO-GEO man
Got a few more Master System games, a couple NES games, a couple Sega Saturn games, and Truxton for the Mega Drive today... Got 30% off at one store, and buy 2 get 1 free at the other Wink

reelmojo
rbelmonte171 wrote:
@ reelmojo

how is the online play on the 360 (kof XIII)
because i have the ps3 version and it is just so laggy,
im thinking of getting the xbox version just to try it..

At first it was pretty laggy but that was day one. As more people got the game I was getting matched up against more people with three or four bars and the lag is comparable to Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter IV, but not as smooth as SSF2HDR or BlazBlue. If you get matched up with someone and the connection symbol in the middle of the screen is red just back out and you should be fine. Only fight someone if the symbol is yellow or green, and the game is really popular right now so it's pretty easy to find good matches.

I haven't heard that the lag is better on the 360 than it is on the PS3 though. I'm sure someone has done comparison checks by now though. I'd check forums like Orochinagi for info on that before putting down another $50 for the 360 version if I were you.

CrazyDiamond
Let's see:

World of Illusion (Genesis)
Looney Tunes (Game Boy Color)
Master Gear (Game Gear)
Jurassic Park (Game Gear)
Jurassic Park (Sega Master System)
Jurassic Park:Rampage Edition (Genesis)
The Lost World - Jurassic Park (Genesis)

NEO-GEO man
Im going to have to get into this World Of Illusion, ive had it on the Mega Drive for ages and only played it once to make sure it worked!! I might throw it in the Nomad one day and see how it goes.

neogeoeno
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Im going to have to get into this World Of Illusion, ive had it on the Mega Drive for ages and only played it once to make sure it worked!! I might throw it in the Nomad one day and see how it goes.
go for it what you waiting for . it 1 of the best 2d hand drawn platform game ever made . also i remember back in 1992 i got it as gift in my birthdayDog

cthulhu
Finally bought Portal 2...great game!!!
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

NEO-GEO man
neogeoeno wrote:
NEO-GEO man wrote:
go for it what you waiting for . it 1 of the best 2d hand drawn platform game ever made . also i remember back in 1992 i got it as gift in my birthdayDog

I will do soon, i cant play the NEO-GEO during the day cause the CRT projector isnt bright enough, so ill fire up the little Nomad and see how it goes on there.

neogeoeno
NEO-GEO man wrote:
neogeoeno wrote:
NEO-GEO man wrote:

I will do soon, i cant play the NEO-GEO during the day cause the CRT projector isnt bright enough, so ill fire up the little Nomad and see how it goes on there.
very good decision you made by taken a look at the old genesis games and bring the same awesome old feeling when we have new game and play it all days and night

NEO-GEO man
neogeoeno wrote:
NEO-GEO man wrote:
neogeoeno wrote:
NEO-GEO man wrote:

very good decision you made by taken a look at the old genesis games and bring the same awesome old feeling when we have new game and play it all days and night

I just played it for a while then, its pretty good but as with alot of games, abit tricky to play on the Nomad with that small screen. Had to put it down and kill a snake that was trying to get into my house, and it reset its self so i will have a go at it later on

NeoGeoNinja
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Had to put it down and kill a snake that was trying to get into my house, and it reset its self so i will have a go at it later on

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN...
I was out shopping at my local Tesco the other day and had to wrestle a stray, fully grown male Silverback to the ground using my barehands. It was quite the spectacle, but managed to break it's neck with ease after a 10 mins struggle. Was gutted to see the last reduced pack of chocolate eclairs gone during the kerfuffle.

Still, life goes on. Maybe I'll grab some tomorrow...

Ninja

priest
This is what I bought today:

213.132.112.100/images_full/12/1252846946.jpg

LEGEND OF ZELDA - PARALLEL WORLDS (SNES)

SECRET OF MANA 2 (3) - English version (SNES)

Yummy
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NeoGeoNinja
priest wrote:
This is what I bought today:

LEGEND OF ZELDA - PARALLEL WORLDS (SNES)
SECRET OF MANA 2 (3) - English version (SNES)

Yummy

THREE PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS...
on SOM2 eh? Nice.

I was gonna buy the Super Metroid redesign from the same site a while ago, but have since sold off my SNES collection, so... nevermind. Lovely reproductions though!

How do you feel about SNES cart saccing? Hmm

Ninja

Jump to Forum: