3D Stick FPS
boogiepop
is the new champion in
Pacman with 124330 points
Pacman

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
RiKo
Congratulations Bullet! i have no idea what that game plays like but it sounds good. the only game i played on GG was California games on my friend's at school lol

I wasnt too keen on Orta either. a bit like Ninja it didnt immediately grab me so i didnt really play it very much. it didnt feel as immediate as something like Rez. a bit like you were distanced from the action somehow. i want to spend more time with it one day though, maybe i just didnt give it enough time
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
AngelaAsakura
Got Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy last week and have been plugging away at it. The fights get a bit tedious sometimes, but s'all good.
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
RiKo
Angela wrote :- The fights get a bit tedious sometimes

tedious fights come as standard in all RPGs Smile

i just bought Pure and Dead Space 2 for my 360. i they both look good from videos. i got them both 2nd hand off ebay in the end. i doubt i will play online multiplayer in DS2 anyway/

AngelaAsakura
RiKo wrote:
tedious fights come as standard in all RPGs Smile

Point taken. Especially if it's made by Square. Shrug
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
reelmojo
Just snagged a copy of Elemental Master for Genesis from a local game shop. It's a pretty awesome shooter and I think it's a great way to begin my Genesis shmup collection.

1983parrothead
Here are what I bought on April 17th at a large store that sells used items:

* Wave Race ( GB ) (without the Million Seller ribbon)
* Geist (GCN)
* MLB featuring Ken Griffey Jr. Game Boy Edition ( GB )
* Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest (GBC)
* Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB (N64)
* Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest (N64)
* Pokémon Ruby
* Pokémon Sapphire
* Pokémon Emerald
* Pokémon Fire Red
* Pokémon Leaf Green

On the same day (or probably early in the morning on the 18th), I also ordered my first Club Nintendo product that costs Coins: the reproduced and reissued version of the Game & Watch™: Ball.

My mother and sister also bought me a Nintendo 3DS and SteelDivers on the day they were released in North America.
Edited by 1983parrothead on 01. June 2011 20:52

priest
Last night I bought myself a sealed copy of KETSUI Limited edition (sold to me by "Kattkatt" ). I already have the regular edition, so this LE will stay sealed.

farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4568238868_dc4861b5b9.jpg

So what´s in the LE? Youtube clip (not me):

YouTube Video

Beard
Edited by priest on 02. June 2011 09:58
img102.imageshack.us/img102/9359/lastsuppersnkhz7.gif

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

img339.imageshack.us/img339/6738/1032017122.th.jpg

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NeoGeoNinja
priest wrote:
Last night I bought myself a sealed copy of KETSUI Limited edition (sold to me by "Kattkatt" ). I already have the regular edition, so this LE will stay sealed.

So what´s in the LE? Youtube clip (not me)...

Beard

VERY NICE PRIEST...
however, as much as I tried to watch the video, I just couldn't. The guy 'presenting' was just too fucking painful to watch! I'm also from the North of England, however, we don't all speak like 5yr old 'backward' retards. "Enough of the 'old' backstory"... nah mate, just 'enough' of you!

ALSO... what was the music played during those few preview shots of the game prior to his ramblings! I totally recognised it, but can't place it. Sounds like Shmup boss battle music to me :(

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

priest
Ninja: Thanks.

I think that you´re being a bit too hard on a fellow countrymen though. I guess you notice these things better than me since English is your native language, but still...The guy didn´t sound THAT bad, did he?Smile

Zakatek
Just bought Outland on psn. Great game. Amazing graphics, gameplay and music.

NeoGeoNinja
Zakatek wrote:
Just bought Outland on psn. Great game. Amazing graphics, gameplay and music.

I PLAYED THE DEMO...
and I too thought it was a pretty good game. Wonderfully tight controls too!

I'll pick this up at some point. It's definitely worth the Ł7.99, but I'm broke right now, so I'll have to wait. It may even have come down in price by then! Grin

Ninja

RiKo
looks quite good a bit like Soul Reaver with the whole switching between light and dark to solve puzzles.

reelmojo
Yes, everyone should buy Outland. It's in the running for Game of the Year for me.

Gamespot had a buy 2 get one free sale today and I picked up a few games...

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Split/Second

I picked Split/Second over Nail'd and I'm hoping I made the right decision. I'll get Nail'd eventually too though so I guess it won't matter in the long run. I played the demo for Majin and enjoyed it quite a bit. Very Zelda influenced. And AC:B was a given. I'm glad I'll be caught up on the series before the new one comes out in a few months.

hitorkori
[quote]reelmojo wrote:
Yes, everyone should buy Outland. It's in the running for Game of the Year for me.

Gamespot had a buy 2 get one free sale today and I picked up a few games...

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Split/Second

Majin is nice i was 4 hrs into it but im stuck after defeating 1st boss ! just keep walking around path blocked by two rocks not been on since !

infamous 2 on finished it on good karma going thru on evil now then sell on !

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
I picked Split/Second over Nail'd and I'm hoping I made the right decision...

SPLIT SECOND...
I had myself for a while. I picked it up on the cheapy cheap with some B'day vouchers in May.

I sold it on within a week. Why?

Well, in contrast to the reasons of a quick sale (which I'll get too) the game, at heart, actually was very good, or indeed, displayed lots of potential. It was very solid, had decent handling (not great), the GFX were really nice and the car models were cool enough. The music was a standout point for me; I thought it was excellent! Very atmospheric indeed. Also, the tracks were also very memorable (quite an important factor in my long term enjoyment of a racer) and pretty well designed. And the 'Level 3' Power Plays were nice too. However...

The first and MOST apparent, after a relatively short amount of time, was the difficulty. It wasn't difficult as such. It just so happened that the difficulty was CHEAP. This is different to be being difficult, and not to be misconstrued. This was Burnout 3 & 4 cheap. God like overtakes on the final straights and rubberbanding a rubber fetishist would be impressed by. F*cking PLENTY of it. And for me, that's where the biggest problem lied for me. I can't stand cheating. I couldn't care less whether it's to make the game 'more competitive' or not, the Rubberbanding was EA shameful and REALLY hurt what could have been a wonderful gaming experience for me (like I had with BLUR, which had spot-on AI).

I'm not a pussy. I've ALREADY, as far as I've concerned, done my fair share of unfair racing in my time; EA's Burnout series, Need For Speed series, MarioKart series etc. I'm just at an age now where: 1) I don't have time to constantly restart races due to being pipped to the line by a cheating CPU c*nt and... 2) Those types of games make me REALLY angry, which is never a good thing.

So, I skipped all that crap and got shut. I paid Ł10 and got Ł6 back. But that's not all. The best part of the deal? I got to keep my sanity! Raging at the screen over cheap racing games can well and truly be locked away with my Burnout Takedown days.

All the best dude! I'm keen to learn your angle after a week or so of playing...

Ninja

STE C
Got Red Faction Armageddon with money given to me as wedding gift. It is without a doubt the most destructive game I have ever played and really good fun . Its no Drake or GOW but its a great game in its own right with a wonderful graphics engine, the best Red Faction since 2001.

Oh and Reelmojo , I agree Elemental Master is a fantastic shooter, good old Technosoft.
Edited by STE C on 19. June 2011 10:59

merlin
I bought Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale today for 360. Really enjoying it so far. Not particularly original just your standard hack 'n slash but well executed. It's fun hacking goblins to death, upgrading your character and gaining new weapons. It supports up to 4 players on XBL. I noticed the game got quite a few negative reviews so far. Shrug I recommend giving the demo a try.

http://www.youtub...qshiXBtke4

Also added another cart to my PGM collection recently: Photo Y2K 2. There are still a few games I want to get but some are quite difficult to find.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

priest
Merlin: Good to see that you keep hunting after those PGM titlesThumbs Up

reelmojo
I still haven't even tried Majin yet because I'm playing through Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood first. There so much to do in that game it's almost overwhelming. In fact, I look forward to Majin bringing a little simplicity as a change of pace.

Split/Second hasn't held my interest all that much. I'll go back to it I'm sure, but it just doesn't seem as fun as Burnout 3 (the last one I played) or a good kart racer. It's beautiful, destructive, and good for a few quick races here and there but it's not something I'm ever going to fall in love with like I did with Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. And yeah, Ninja, I noticed the rubberbanding after only a few races. Then again, I've also had races where I've gotten out into first place and never saw the competition again because they're too busy wrecking each other to catch me.

The other day I ran into DJ Hero: Renegade Edition for only $30 and decided to pick it up out of curiosity. It's the only post Guitar Hero rhythm game I've ever owned. It's actually pretty fun using the turntable controller and as a classic hip-hop fan it's awesome that they actually got Grandmaster Flash as the voice in the tutorial. It's been fun so far, but it's definitely a casual interest for me and not something I would have ever paid full price for.

Merlin, I thought the demo for Daggerdale was really fun and I definitely plan on picking it up when it inevitably goes on sale. Right now my backlog of XBLA games I want to get is so huge that it's hard to justify any one purchase over another. Afterall, I still don't have Metal Slug XX or Rocket Knight.

merlin
@Priest Glad I bought a PGM and started collecting games for it. Very underrated system. Would make a nice addition to your collection too.

@Reelmojo Good to hear you enjoyed Daggerdale too. It seems we might be in the minority judging from a lot of people's reactions to the game. I'm hoping for some new content like additional characters and quests. You've reminded me I still need to get Metal Slug XX too.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Jump to Forum: