Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
kgenthe
farm6.static.flickr.com/5070/5556655116_1d94d7432f.jpg

Thunder Force V (PlayStation)
Super Off-Raod (SNES)
Gradius III (SNES)

Good trip today!

http://www.implantgames.com
cthulhu
Feck yeah! I've finally received Daemon Bride today. I have not played it a lot yet as I didn't have much time today, but my first impressions of the game are quite good. Unfortunately I don't have a Tri-sinc monitor, so I can't play the game in high resolution, but it still looks great. The gameplay is pretty much based on that of Arcana Heart, so if you enjoyed the way that game played, than you'll like the controls in this game as well. As soon as I've played the game a bit more, I'll post some more impressions on this game.
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Bullet
I happened to be out today and stumbled on a new copy of Sin and Punishment for Wii on sale for 30 bucks. I also found a copy of R-type Final for PS2 for 5 bucks at a thrift store, so I grabbed that as well.

I look forward to finally sitting down with S&P on Wii. I loved the original and have heard nothing but good things about this one. R-type final I've owned before, but got rid of it during a purge I assume.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

NEO-GEO man
merlin wrote:
That's a great haul of Sega carts you got there Neo-Geo Man. I always particularly loved playing Aztec Adventure which is a game a lot of people seem to really dislike for some reason. James Pond 2 is a superb platformer. I've long been a fan of the James Pond series. The third game Operation Starfish is excellent too.

Thanks mate, i havent played either of those before, i didnt get them when i was younger due to lack of money at that age!! I paid quite abit for James Pond 2, compared to the others apart from earthworm Jim, which i paid the same amount for.

Ive been working too damn hard at home lately so i might get into some sorting tonight, ive been doing so many console mods and consolized my friend's MVS after i repaired it, i added RGB and s-video to a Master system 2, did a 60 hz mod on it and also on a Saturn, repaired a few issues with my friend's 3-3 AES and cleaned up 2 carts for him, repaired 2 Namco Gun-con 45s, and cleaned up 18 NES carts for a guy at work... All this ontop of a full time job!! Time for a beer!!

cthulhu
Here's a picture of the Daemon Bride kit:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/DaemonBride.jpg
My arcade crap

reelmojo
BlazBlue Continuum Shift and Death Smiles Limited Edition arrived recently. BBCS is exactly what I expected so I'm enjoying it so far. Death Smiles is really really good and it has a ton of different modes to keep it fresh. Plus, it's a Cave game officially released outside of Japan so you have to support that.

Cthulhu, Daemon Bride looks awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it from you.

NeoGeoNinja
kgenthe wrote:
farm6.static.flickr.com/5070/5556655116_1d94d7432f.jpg

Thunder Force V (PlayStation)
Super Off-Raod (SNES)
Gradius III (SNES)

Good trip today!

THUNDER FORCE V...
for only $9? That's insane!! Great acquisition. I plan to get the JP version for my PS1 one day. I already own the JP SAT release but would like the PS1 version too, just to compare them I think Smile

I HAD A PSN GIFT CARD...
bought for me at Xmas and I hadn't used it yet, so I decided to finally use it to buy: Hard Corps Uprising for PS3. So far I'm mildly impressed with it! It's a great game but not without flaw. It's pretty damn tough too! Currently working my way through 'Rising' mode... it's VERY addictive!! Shock

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

kgenthe
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
THUNDER FORCE V...
for only $9? That's insane!! Great acquisition. I plan to get the JP version for my PS1 one day. I already own the JP SAT release but would like the PS1 version too, just to compare them I think Smile

Ninja

Yeah, I was surprised to see it as well. The local used stores seem to be stocking PSX games again, which is nice as I've got some Shmups I need to catch up on. Anyway, this thing is mint and I was surprised and excited to see it. I had no idea what it's value was but from what I can tell it's more than $9 Smile Doesn't really matter what it's worth though, as it has a permanent home in my collection.

And quit teasing me, I know I need a JPN Saturn Grin

http://www.implantgames.com
TF73
Recently bought KOF Orochi for PS2. Ok collection, but still prefer to play on AES.

priest
Chtulhu: Nice kit you bought...Complete kits are ALWAYS specialThumbs Up

TF73: Yep the *original* is still the best...There´s just the way it isSmile

I got myself a copy of CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS PRESTIGE ED. for the 360 yesterday, I´m a bit late I know but atleast I got it for a "reasonable" price. I love these extras like the MODERN WARFARE 2 nightvision goggles, which I own since before for the PS3.

gamernerd.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/cod-bo-prestige-ed.jpg

Beard
Edited by priest on 27. March 2011 13:39
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
cthulhu
priest wrote:
Chtulhu: Nice kit you bought...Complete kits are ALWAYS specialThumbs Up

Yeah, it's really a nice kit, it also came with a promotional postcard (also in the picture) and a small harness to connect button 4 and 5 of player 1 and 2 to the mobo...it's a four button game.
I played it a lot last night and I've come to the conclusion that it's a really good and fun game and that it's a shame that it will probably never get a console release because it didn't do thatwell in the Japanese arcades. It probably didn't do that great because people had a choice between a game with weird/ angelic/ demonic characters (Deamon Bride) and a game with a all female cast of schoolgirls...guess what the Japanese would choose?
My arcade crap

merlin
Nice pic Cthulhu and thanks for posting your impressions about the game. Makes me want to play it more than ever. I especially like the look of Pekomaru. Yes you're probably right a home version isn't looking very likely. Do you plan to buy some more eX-Board games in the future? I imagine they must be pretty expensive. That Monster Ancient Cline game looks promising I hope that gets released eventually.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

cthulhu
merlin wrote:
Nice pic Cthulhu and thanks for posting your impressions about the game. Makes me want to play it more than ever. I especially like the look of Pekomaru. Yes you're probably right a home version isn't looking very likely. Do you plan to buy some more eX-Board games in the future? I imagine they must be pretty expensive. That Monster Ancient Cline game looks promising I hope that gets released eventually.

I think I'll eventually buy Arcana Heart 2/ Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2 and Arcana Heart 3, but only if they drop in price. Unfortunately Monster Ancient Cline won't be released very soon as the person in charge of the game screws everything up marketing wise...the programmer of the game also has lost some interest in finishing the game because he has wated too much time on this game...he posted some remarks about the game in a forum I read about two weeks ago, sorry, can't remember which forum it was.
In the very short time that I have it, Daemon Bride has become one of my favorite fighting games. It has great graphics and animation and the music is mostly guitar based, a bit like GGX and Hokuto No Ken. The gameplay is very much like Arcana Heart, it uses three buttons: A = weak attack, B = strong attack, C= projectile/ partner (Daemon/ Angel attack) and D = Dash/ Homing move like in Arcana Heart and the gameplay is very much combo based like GGX and Arcana Heart and has lots of depth (more than I'll ever be able to use as I'm quite crap at fighting games). The controls are very responsive and move sets are very instinctive, like most other fighting games. Character design is quite nice as each and every character is quite different from each other, but at times they do feel like the designs and moves were stolen from other games (in a good way though to be honest...but hey, which fighting game hasn't got characters that resemble those from other games???)...oh yeah, there are two unlockable characters: Judgement Day and Rebellion which are a sort of demonic or angelic versions of the two main protagonists.
The presentation is quite like GGX, very flashy and lots of moving background stuff in the Vs. screens etc, but the character selection screen is very much classic as in a grid of portraits...although nothing new, everything is very nicely done. The game has a very nice attract mode/ demo mode/ intro...ithas a very nive anime movie, that's a lot better than most others (Arcana Heart and The Ruble Fish which is the most boring one I've ever seen). One thing I didn't like about Arcana Heart were the extremely static and lifeless stages and nothing much has changed for this game...I do have to say that although the stages are lifeless and static, they do look extremely nice and they has lots of atmosphere, also Daemon Bride does have two layers in its stages (a foreground and a background) so that adds a bit of depth, but alas no real parallax scrolling...damn, I do miss stages with a lot of parallax scrolling, it really added a lot of depth, but nowadays stages look really flat when moving.
Finally the games difficulty settings seem to be nicely balanced. At the easiest settings, the game is extremely easy, opponents almost do nothing except for the end boss and Judgement Day/ Rebellion. The end boss (Dies Irae Deus) is really beatable at easiest settings, but becomes a lot cheaper at higher difficulty settings, which also makes the other opponents more chalenging.
Well, that's a bout all I can say about Daemon Bride...just play it whenever you get the chance, which unfortunately won't be very often to say the least, so drop by whenever you're in the neighborhood (which again won't happen any time soon I guess).
My arcade crap

NeoGeoNinja
DAEMON BRIDE, YEAH...
I remember 'you' and Merlin taking a big interest in this many moons ago!

I just used this video as a refresher:
http://www.youtub...re=related

I ALSO WATCHED...
some tourney video's too. I'll be honest and say, I actually rather like the look of this game. It IS very Guilty Gear though, isn't it?

I'm not big on the 'anime' artstyle, however, I do like the look and design of the characters in this game. Characters as cool looking as Eve sealed the deal! Yeah, what can I say? The game looks good y'all!

Shame that it appears that it won't be making a Console debut. A PS3 release would have been 'mmmm' yummy! I do actually plan to buy Arcana Heart 3 for PS3 sometime this year, that's if I find a job and don't turn into some drunken gaming hobo first! I have the original Arcana Heart and quite liked it, although, unlike DBride, it TOTALLY over did it with the paedophile treatment; tons of girl characters in school outfits in the 'usual' overused art style - not dissimilar to DBrides, but 'generically' directed by comparison.

EDIT: Forgot to mention; I WAS going to buy the PS2 release of AHeart 2 Suggoi!, however, I've heard nothing but mediocre things about the PS2 port, so I decided against it. I'd recommend looking that game up at a 'cheap' price if you can perhaps, seeing as the EXBoard is the ONLY way to go concerning that game.

AND, IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN...
aren't all these 'pretty good' fighting games designed by the Yuki Ent. of old SS5/SSZero 'fame'? Hmm

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 28. March 2011 12:14

cthulhu
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
I ALSO WATCHED...
some tourney video's too. I'll be honest and say, I actually rather like the look of this game. It IS very Guilty Gear though, isn't it?

Well,in a way it's like Guilty Gear, but it's more comparable to Arcana Heart...the art style is indeed very Guilty Gear like.

Shame that it appears that it won't be making a Console debut. A PS3 release would have been 'mmmm' yummy! I do actually plan to buy Arcana Heart 3 for PS3 sometime this year, that's if I find a job and don't turn into some drunken gaming hobo first! I have the original Arcana Heart and quite liked it, although, unlike DBride, it TOTALLY over did it with the paedophile treatment; tons of girl characters in school outfits in the 'usual' overused art style - not dissimilar to DBrides, but 'generically' directed by comparison.

I really love Arcana Heart, but I must admit that the whole schoolgil thing has been a bit over the top, but then again, Japanese love the whole schoolgirl image...that's probably why Daemon Bride died a premature Death in the arcades with Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2 still in the arcades and Arcana Heart 3's release later that year.

AND, IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN...
aren't all these 'pretty good' fighting games designed by the Yuki Ent. of old SS5/SSZero 'fame'? Hmm

Ninja

Yep, Examu is the continuation of Yuki Enterprise.
My arcade crap

Loris Biaggi
I traded my dingoo for a PSP few days ago, and i'm playing BlazBlue, it's better than my expectations...

Also played Metal Slug XX (no comment), OutRun2006 (GREAT!!!)...
I'm trying to find Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooter, i think it's not so good, but i'm curious Smile
Any advice for good games? (no rpg...)

NeoGeoNinja
Virtual Boy wrote:

SORRY DUDE...
I'd be here all day! Regardless of what many say, the PSP has a ridiculously strong library of tiles available. I'd struggle to list 'em all here!

For what it's worth though: Gradius Collection is pretty hot - Gaiden makes this collection worth it alone! Oh, and Capcom Classics Collection too - for portable Varth in TATE mode!

Ninja

Loris Biaggi
I didn't know Capcom and Gradius collections... thank you!
If you have more...

STE C
Crazy Taxi 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta & Gun Valkyrie on xbox, my Sega love continues. Oh and Crysis 2 on PS3 ( actually very good).

Murikov
Virtual Boy wrote:

As Ninja already wrote, there are lots of good titles, but imo also many mediocre and overrated crap. Personally, I still love my CFW PSP to death and give it a go from to time to time on it's NeoGeo emulator...

I've got the Gradius and Capcom Reloaded Collection as well and find them pretty good (especially the first-mentioned). Talking of collections, I also have to mention the Metal Slug Anthology, if you're not tired from having it on every other system. As for NG Heroes: Ultimate Shooting, I think it's actually pretty amusing for a short period, not a complete fail but it's nothing spectacular either. Could make more fun in 2P mode, don't know.

These titles however are PSP highlights from my point of view:

img18.imageshack.us/img18/7140/prinnyq.pngimg202.imageshack.us/img202/9057/prinny2.pngimg857.imageshack.us/img857/8422/alphamax.pngimg21.imageshack.us/img21/9482/guiltyv.png
Edited by Murikov on 29. March 2011 19:33
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

Jump to Forum: