Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
SteveDave
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
ARE YOU INADVERTENTLY...
suggesting that someone you know, who you have at some point invited into your home, has 'helped themselves' to your Dreamcast games? If so, then that's sickening! Sorry to hear this dude... you'll have to be more careful (selective?) in future...

Ninja

Actually I was in St. Louis when this happened or it wouldn't have gone down. Even when I reach the apex of intoxication I watch my stuff like a hawk.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

STE C
TF73 wrote:
Just bought Sonic Sega All Star Racing and Sands of Destruction for DS. Also purchased Puyo Puyo 4 for DC.

Sonic Racing is a game that everyone should own its fantastic.

RiKo
Sonic Racing is a game that everyone should own its fantastic.

any game with Ryo Hazuki is a must buy! Grin
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
rbelmonte171
just got Guwange from cave on xbox live had no idea it was coming out,

also my xbox360 had broke so my awesome girlfriend got me a new xbox360 250g with kinect and Call of duty black ops for my birthday as a surprise.

great day man....

garbin
any game with Ryo Hazuki is a must buy.

Bullet
Who doesn't love a man who is constantly looking for sailors, works at the docks and collects toys while searching for the man who killed his father.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

STE C
Oh any game with Ryo Hazuki is worth owning , which makes like er 3. He is my hero.

reelmojo
"Would you like to play a game of Lucky Hit? How about a game of Lucky Hit?"

Seriously though, only three games? Sega, put Ryo Hazuki in more games! He was a popular choice for SASAR so most likely he'll find his way into more crossover games. I'd kill to see him in a new Fighters Megamix.

...or Shenmue 3.

Seriously, Sega. Announce Shenmue 3 and I'll just mail you a check on the spot.

Bullet
reelmojo wrote:
"Would you like to play a game of Lucky Hit? How about a game of Lucky Hit?"

Seriously though, only three games? Sega, put Ryo Hazuki in more games! He was a popular choice for SASAR so most likely he'll find his way into more crossover games. I'd kill to see him in a new Fighters Megamix.

...or Shenmue 3.

Seriously, Sega. Announce Shenmue 3 and I'll just mail you a check on the spot.

I support all that and wish to be added to your mailing list.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

NeoGeoNinja
WELL YOU GUYS...
I am also an avid Shenmue fan (the BEST game I had ever played, up until REmake, RE4 & Yakuza 1&2 existed! Grin ) and I read this recently. As such I thought I'd share this with you fellas, seeing as though you'll appreciate it Thumbs Up

http://www.andria...interview/

We live in hope Pray

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

RiKo
very nice find Ninja Thumbs Up, whilst Shenmue City currently sounds bit vague i live in hope that it will be popular enough to make a Shenmue 3 possible.

i did play Mafia Wars (an inspiration for Shenmue City) for a bit but its one of those non-games that's quite addictive as you watch your stats and collections grow but then after a couple of months you get bored and realise you wasted your time..hope Shenmue City is a lot better. any game set in the world of Shenmue has to be good though. and collecting Sega Saturn games is actually worthwhile, right?

here's some vague gameplay details on Shenmue City. (it doesnt mention sega saturn games, i was just being optimistic)

http://www.andria...ty_update/
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
AngelaAsakura
Just bought Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. I watched a few cutscenes from it on YouTube and thought that it looked incredible. I guess I'm well on my way to becoming a serious Castlevania fan. LOL
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
NeoGeoNinja
AngelaAsakura wrote:
Just bought Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. I watched a few cutscenes from it on YouTube and thought that it looked incredible. I guess I'm well on my way to becoming a serious Castlevania fan. LOL

I HAD CURSE OF DARKNESS...
and Lament of Innocence for PS2 myself years ago. I have to say that I rather liked LOI but I didn't get on with COD. I think the reasons was at the time (at least 4 or 5 years ago?) Curse of Darkness felt nothing more than a Devil May Cry clone as opposed to a Castlevania game. If I remember rightly, the player character had a red outfit, with white flowing locks and, for the first time in a 3D-vania, a sword was his main attack weapon. It 'felt' like DMC too! By contrast, LOInnocence felt more like a polished version of the N64 Castlevania's, which are two games I also really like. Hahaha... I recommend this game to you I guess?!

NO DOUBT THOUGH...
I reckon you'll get plenty of enjoyment from CODarkness Angela, as I too love Castlevania games. Maybe if I went back to it now I could enjoy it more without the mighty DMC3 staring me so freshly in the face?

Do you have an N64? If you do I can STRONGLY recommend Legacy of Darkness. It's great game. It has a really nice feel and atmosphere to it...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

AngelaAsakura
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
I HAD CURSE OF DARKNESS...
and Lament of Innocence for PS2 myself years ago. I have to say that I rather liked LOI but I didn't get on with COD. I think the reasons was at the time (at least 4 or 5 years ago?) Curse of Darkness felt nothing more than a Devil May Cry clone as opposed to a Castlevania game. If I remember rightly, the player character had a red outfit, with white flowing locks and, for the first time in a 3D-vania, a sword was his main attack weapon. It 'felt' like DMC too! By contrast, LOInnocence felt more like a polished version of the N64 Castlevania's, which are two games I also really like. Hahaha... I recommend this game to you I guess?!

NO DOUBT THOUGH...
I reckon you'll get plenty of enjoyment from CODarkness Angela, as I too love Castlevania games. Maybe if I went back to it now I could enjoy it more without the mighty DMC3 staring me so freshly in the face?

Do you have an N64? If you do I can STRONGLY recommend Legacy of Darkness. It's great game. It has a really nice feel and atmosphere to it...

Ninja

I do have a N64. I WAS considering getting LoD. And um... I thought only Lament of Innocence had a main dude who sported a red outfit. O.o CoD's guy wore black to my memory. And yeah. I do think you should give it another go. I have found myself enjoying several games that I had originally despised once I decided to give it another chance. Grin

And another thing, what CV main character DOESN'T have flowing locks? LOL

Also, I had been considering LoI, but I heard from numerous fans that it was vastly inferior to CoD. Hence why I got CoD first. From what you say though, it sounds like it might be worth considering in the near future. Hmm
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 19. November 2010 22:59
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
reelmojo
LoI is pretty fun. I haven't beaten it yet myself, but I've enjoyed it so far.

Friday I finally got Limbo and I just beat it today. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'll be playing it for quite a while even after completing it, but I am disappointed by how short it is. I got 800MSP free from that promotion they ran last month though, so it technically only cost me 400MSP. The puzzles in the game can be pretty tough, but I never had to use a guide to solve one. More than once I experienced an "aha!" moment when finally figuring out what to do after spending quite a while in a new area. In short, it's good stuff. Probably not the perfect game that it's hyped up to be, but still very enjoyable and worthy of any puzzle platformer fan's time... especially if you're into artistic games too.

reelmojo
Double post? Oh well, it's been a week. Maybe I'm the only one buying games for myself with it being Christmas time and all. This week I got...

Portal: Still Alive ($5 thanks to the sale on XBL)
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Bayonetta

And a few early Christmas presents from a friend...

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Bust a Move DS
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing
Konami Classics Vol. 1 (XBLA collection with Castlevania: SOTN, Frogger, and Super Contra)

I played Forgotten Sands for a day straight and while it's over now I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not quite as good as Two Thrones, but it's still great.

SASASR has so much Sega fan service that it's almost overwhelming! Everywhere you look there's another little nod to Sega games, some of which are pretty obscure. For example, there's actually an achievement called Captain Silver. Who at Sega even remembers that game?! The gameplay is great too so even without the fan service I'd still be playing it. I could do without Banjo and Kazooie in there though, but I'm dealing with it. The first thing I did was get enough points to unlock Ryo Hazuki of course, but some of the other characters make me very happy too. The Bonanza Bros, Opa-Opa, and Alex Kidd?! Thank you, Sega. Please begin work on a sequel.

Shiny
Today I bought Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for me PSP. Having finished most of my other PSP games, and seeing the bonkers sales figures in Japan for the 3rd one, I figured I'd get on board and see what it's all about.

I've played it for an hour or two and I have to say I'm impressed. The production values are sky-high, the environment is beautiful and so far it's a lot of fun, even if I am barely past the tutorial section. And most importantly, I was able to give my chosen dude a quiff. It matters. I can already tell it's going to eat hours of my life.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Shiny
Just ordered BlazBlue for PSP. At 9.99, how could I not...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Murikov
Shiny wrote:
Just ordered BlazBlue for PSP. At 9.99, how could I not...

The PSP port is actually quite good. Of course not so stunning like the console / PC version, but still awesome. You have to try "Guilty Gear XX ^ Core Plus" as well, it's the superior game imo.
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

merlin
Congrats on your purchases Reelmojo and Shiny. Thumbs Up That was a good deal on BlazBlue. I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot.

Recently I bought Guwange for XBLA. Although I can play it on Mame any time it's great to finally have a home version too. I'm really hoping that Progear eventually gets an XBLA release too. Also picked up one more PGM cart: Photo Y2K.

The purchase I'm most excited about though is my second CPS-1 game: Knights of the Round. Got it for $110 which is not a bad price at all. It's been phoenixed/desuicided so I don't need to worry about the dreaded suicide battery. Seeing as this is my favourite arcade game it's a dream come true to finally own it.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/100_1659.jpg
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Jump to Forum: