Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
rbelmonte171
Man i just got Guilty Gear X for ps2 and a Brand New Guilty Gear jap for ps1

now my Guilty gear collection is one step from complete!!!

AngelaAsakura
rbelmonte171 wrote:

Congrats! It's always great to have or be close to having a complete collection of your favorite series. Grin
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
merlin
Thanks Ninja. Yes After Burner Climax is amazing. A really exciting experience and it's games like this that make you glad you've got a current gen system. Yes I too always choose the classic AB2 soundtrack. It just wouldn't be the same without it. Hahahaha yes I remember how much you hate SVG. It's the only crossover fighting game I actually like. Really enjoying it so far although the boss Holy God Earth is insanely difficult to beat and keeps hitting me with unblockable supers. I can't even win one round against him playing on EASY setting. Shock

Congrats on your purchases too Angela and rbelmonte. Thumbs Up I'm also aiming to get a full Guilty Gear collection eventually. I do have Symphony of the Night for Saturn actually but have barely played it yet. I always heard the Saturn version was a bit inferior to the PS1 version.

NeoGeoNinja
rbelmonte171 wrote:

GREAT STUFF RBELMONTE! Thumbs Up
I actually own ALL the GG's myself... even the horrible Isuka (ok, horrible is a harsh word maybe?) and still to this VERY day, the original PS1 GG is my fave - hands down! It's just much more fun to play than it's sequels imo. I felt this the VERY day I went out and bought GGX for PS2 on day of release. I just didn't like it as much. Even now, it's amazing how good GG actuall IS on PS1. Great great game Smile

merlin wrote:
Thanks Ninja. Yes After Burner Climax is amazing. A really exciting experience and it's games like this that make you glad you've got a current gen system. Yes I too always choose the classic AB2 soundtrack. It just wouldn't be the same without it. Hahahaha yes I remember how much you hate SVG. It's the only crossover fighting game I actually like. Really enjoying it so far although the boss Holy God Earth is insanely difficult to beat and keeps hitting me with unblockable supers. I can't even win one round against him playing on EASY setting. Shock

Congrats on your purchases too Angela and rbelmonte. Thumbs Up I'm also aiming to get a full Guilty Gear collection eventually. I do have Symphony of the Night for Saturn actually but have barely played it yet. I always heard the Saturn version was a bit inferior to the PS1 version.

A COUPLE OF THINGS THEN...
Mr Merlin sir! How different is SVG on actual hardware then? I want the non-biased TRUTH! Hmm

ALSO... how does SOTN work out for you on the Saturn? I'm curious because I am (completely!) assuming that all the necessary dialogue and storyline is in Japanese, no? If so, is there any point in bothering with either the JAP Saturn or PS1 release? Just wondering as I own not ONE version of this game yet. One day though...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

candycab
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
merlin wrote:
I also recently bought an XBOX 360 hard drive and some XBLA games: Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Final Fight Double Impact, After Burner Climax and Outrun Online Arcade.

In addition to the two I already mentioned I also picked up another 3 PGM carts: Knights of Valour Plus, Knights of Valour 2 Nine Dragons and Spectral Vs Generation. Very pleased to finally find SVG because the cart seems quite rare...

NICE PURCHASES MERLIN Thumbs Up
I also have OutRun & After Burner for PS3. They're both exceptional games - especially After Burner. With the volume up, lights down and set to the original After Burner 2 OST... well, the spine tingle factor is near unrivalled! I also wanted 'Double Impact'... but couldn't justify the amount, whilst already having FFight and Magic Sword on many various platforms.

AS FOR THE PGM CARTS...
can't comment on the Knights of Valour games, however I can comment on the SVG one... but I won't! LOL

As you were expecting, I hope it's at least a little better than the PS2 version... Pray

Ninja

What version of OutRun got the PS3 port ? Here in the US we didn't get the "OutRun Arcade" release on our PS store, which is to say the least irritating.
Edited by candycab on 02. November 2010 03:59
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

NeoGeoNinja
candycab wrote:
What version of OutRun got the PS3 port ? Here in the US we didn't get the "OutRun Arcade" release on our PS store, which is to say the least irritating.

SORRY DUDE...
but it was in fact Outrun Arcade we got here in the UK on PS3. It came out in April LAST year. Apparently though, said game has now 'expired' and has since been lifted from PSN! Therefore it's no longer available for general sale, however, based on what your saying I'm at least glad that I've had the opportunity to buy it and play it. I already have 2006SP for PS2, but I simply bought this for the online aspect... which HAS been worth it...

Did it hit XBLA in the States? Wouldn't surprise me in the least...

Ninja

RiKo
That's crazy, i just read this

UPDATE: SEGA has provided Eurogamer with the following statement with regards the XBLA version of OutRun Online Arcade: "Due to the expiry of the contract with Ferrari, OutRun Online Arcade will remain offline on PSN but will still be available on XBLA until Dec 2011."

this makes no sense because why would the Ferrari licence still be valid on Xbox but not PS3? the only thing i can think of is maybe another racing game has bought the licence for exclusive use on PS3

im still miffed about Double Dragon going from XBLA before i could download it! It was by Empire (I think) and the company went under.

Even for those of us who already bought it, what happens if our harddrive breaks and we can no longer download it? maybe we will see Outrun equiped PS3s selling for high prices on Ebay? not good news, hate licences.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoGeoNinja
RiKo wrote:
That's crazy, i just read this

UPDATE: SEGA has provided Eurogamer with the following statement with regards the XBLA version of OutRun Online Arcade: "Due to the expiry of the contract with Ferrari, OutRun Online Arcade will remain offline on PSN but will still be available on XBLA until Dec 2011."

this makes no sense because why would the Ferrari licence still be valid on Xbox but not PS3? the only thing i can think of is maybe another racing game has bought the licence for exclusive use on PS3

im still miffed about Double Dragon going from XBLA before i could download it! It was by Empire (I think) and the company went under.

Even for those of us who already bought it, what happens if our harddrive breaks and we can no longer download it? maybe we will see Outrun equiped PS3s selling for high prices on Ebay? not good news, hate licences.

I MAY BE DOWN TO...
Sony now having that 'Ferrari Experience' game available on PSN?? Still makes ZERO sense though.

Also, FYI... I got my PS3 back (a replacement!) a few weeks ago and I'm still able to download OutrunArcade to my PS3 by referring to my 'previously downloaded' menu.

If this changes in the future, words WILL be had with Sony! It won't be the first time ever either...

PS3/360's on thin ice with me anyway. There's just the ODD title that pops up on the horizon that keeps that bad-boy sat under my TV. However, if KOFXIII fails to excite me, I see no need to keep a hold of it... hmmm, unless TDU2 proves to be even BETTER than the original. That was one amazing game...

Like I said, they'res always one... Roll Eyes

Ninja

merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
A COUPLE OF THINGS THEN...
Mr Merlin sir! How different is SVG on actual hardware then? I want the non-biased TRUTH! Hmm

ALSO... how does SOTN work out for you on the Saturn? I'm curious because I am (completely!) assuming that all the necessary dialogue and storyline is in Japanese, no? If so, is there any point in bothering with either the JAP Saturn or PS1 release? Just wondering as I own not ONE version of this game yet. One day though...
Ninja

Ninja I haven't noticed any real gameplay differences so far between the arcade and PS2 versions of SVG although it's been quite a while since I played the PS2 version and I'm not an advanced player anyway. What I have noticed is that the arcade original doesn't have optional 'auto-burst' like the PS2 version, has a completely different (better) intro, has slightly better graphics and sound and is far more challenging in single player mode. My cart and also the first Jamma PCB release are v100 but there is also a v200 version released later which is said to have some gameplay improvements. Once I've put more time into the game I'll be perhaps better able to answer your question Ninja.

As for the Saturn version of SOTN the dialogue between characters is in Japanese but the parts of the game telling the story have English text with Japanese voice over. The Saturn version doesn't seem quite as good graphically as the PS1 version but does have a few extras such as additional levels and Maria and Richter are playable characters from the start.

RiKo wrote:

Could possibly have something to do with 'Ferrari The Race Experience' becoming available on PSN shortly after OutRun was removed. Seems strange the PS3 version of OutRun Online Arcade was never released in the US. That's a shame about Double Dragon I would have bought that as well.

NeoGeoNinja
RiKo wrote:

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
IT MAY BE DOWN TO...
Sony now having that 'Ferrari Experience' game available on PSN??
Still makes ZERO sense though...

merlin wrote:
Could possibly have something to do with 'Ferrari The Race Experience' becoming available on PSN shortly after OutRun was removed. Seems strange the PS3 version of OutRun Online Arcade was never released in the US. That's a shame about Double Dragon I would have bought that as well.

Hmmm... Hmm Grin

Ninja

AngelaAsakura
merlin wrote:
As for the Saturn version of SOTN the dialogue between characters is in Japanese but the parts of the game telling the story have English text with Japanese voice over. The Saturn version doesn't seem quite as good graphically as the PS1 version but does have a few extras such as additional levels and Maria and Richter are playable characters from the start.

That's weird. I thought the dialogue was taken out of the Saturn version since the emulation of it that I recently downloaded has no cutscenes or anything like that in it. Hmm
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 02. November 2010 17:59

RiKo
great minds think alike Smile

it probably is to do with the Ferrari experience, maybe they will just take Outrun down for a while so they can maximise sales of the Ferrari game, and then put it up afterwaards. i would guess ferrari must have a seperate online licence because as far as i know both Forza and Gran Turismo use Ferraris and you can still buy those

thats good you can still download Outrun Ninja - if you've already bought it, i didnt know you could do things like that. thats nice to know, i would imagine Microsoft have to do that too. (hopefully)

actually download games is mainly what i play on my 360 just at the moment. i hope they continue to grow in popularity. i also hope there will be a 2D explosion soon Smile (not just 2.5d)
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Hmmm... Hmm Grin
Ninja

LOL I think you posted while I was still writing my post so I didn't see you had already mentioned the Ferrari game.

AngelaAsakura wrote:
That's weird. I thought the dialogue was taken out of the Saturn version since the emulation of it that I recently downloaded has no cutscenes or anything like that in it. Hmm

Actually what I meant by dialogue Angela was for example at 3.49 in this video:

http://www.youtub...DJ4lPt4ueI

To be honest although I own the game for Saturn I've only played it very briefly to test it out. I bought a load of Saturn games a while back and still haven't got around to playing them all properly yet. All this SOTN talk has definitely made me want to play it soon though. Looks amazing.

AngelaAsakura
merlin wrote:
Actually what I meant by dialogue Angela was for example at 3.49 in this video:

http://www.youtub...DJ4lPt4ueI

I see. Wow, that intro dialogue sounds SO much more epic in japanese! O.o Oddly enough though, it sounds like Richter says "Iron bacon!" at 4:16...

STE C
Just got Star Wars Episode 1 Racer for the Dreamcast, not a SW fan anymore but recall this game had good reviews at the time shame its not a conversion of the Sega arcade game.

NeoGeoNinja
STE C wrote:
Just got Star Wars Episode 1 Racer for the Dreamcast, not a SW fan anymore but recall this game had good reviews at the time shame its not a conversion of the Sega arcade game.

WHAT IS IT THEN?
Is it the same as the N64 game? If so, it should be pretty good, although I'd definitely prefer to have the 64 > DC version (logic I cannot explain, but it sits nicely alongside Rogue Squadron, SOTEmpire and Battle for Naboo!).

Let me know how you get on dude Thumbs Up

Ninja

candycab
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
STE C wrote:

WHAT IS IT THEN?
Is it the same as the N64 game? If so, it should be pretty good, although I'd definitely prefer to have the 64 > DC version (logic I cannot explain, but it sits nicely alongside Rogue Squadron, SOTEmpire and Battle for Naboo!).

Let me know how you get on dude Thumbs Up

Ninja

I'm pretty sure its the same version released on the PC and later PS2, cant say for sure if its the same as N64 but I would bet it is. That said the N64 game probably has a look all its own, gotta love the old SGI hardware Smile

I have owned all three [ got out of the Dreamcast long ago ] and though I haven't played either the PC or PS2 version in a long while I'm almost positive they are the same game with the PC version sporting better graphics due to hardware etc.

I know I enjoyed the PC version over the others probably due to hardware running smoother frame rate etc. Lemans 24Hours still gets my vote for best DC Racer ever Smile Fantastic feel to that game and probably worth owning a DC for that alone.

Almost forgot Smile We didn't get any PSN Ferrari game either:( All we have Ferrari wise is the System Three "Ferrari Challenge" game via disc.

I actually kept my X-Box around to play Outrun & the original Forza now and again, I also have Sp & the Sega Classics Cpllection [ has a decent arcade port hidden in it ] for the PS2 as well so an Outrun fix is easy to get I just wish it was on the console I use most, my PS3.
Edited by candycab on 09. November 2010 10:39
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

SteveDave
Just picked up NBA 2k2 for Dreamcast...again.

Some crooked f*cker lifted my last copy and Resident Evil 3 from my stash. Highly pissed but glad to have 2k2 back. Undoubtedly my favorite basketball game of all time.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

NeoGeoNinja
SteveDave wrote:
Just picked up NBA 2k2 for Dreamcast...again.

Some crooked f*cker lifted my last copy and Resident Evil 3 from my stash...

ARE YOU INADVERTENTLY...
suggesting that someone you know, who you have at some point invited into your home, has 'helped themselves' to your Dreamcast games? If so, then that's sickening! Sorry to hear this dude... you'll have to be more careful (selective?) in future...

Ninja

TF73
Just bought Sonic Sega All Star Racing and Sands of Destruction for DS. Also purchased Puyo Puyo 4 for DC.

Jump to Forum: