Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
Circa2113
phry wrote:
Holy crap Circa! I've never played Radiant Silvergun before but it looks awesome. The original ST-V board and full kit must've been a lucky find! Congrats dude! Grin

Thanks, I'm very happy with the deal I made on it. I'll be eating ramen noodles for the rest of the month, but well worth it I'd say. LOL

Make it a priority to play silvergun and soukyugurentai (the other game pictured) as they are both absolutely top-notch.

candycab
Circa2113 wrote:
phry wrote:
Holy crap Circa! I've never played Radiant Silvergun before but it looks awesome. The original ST-V board and full kit must've been a lucky find! Congrats dude! Grin

Thanks, I'm very happy with the deal I made on it. I'll be eating ramen noodles for the rest of the month, but well worth it I'd say. LOL

Make it a priority to play silvergun and soukyugurentai (the other game pictured) as they are both absolutely top-notch.

Afew years back I scored a mint Die Hard Arcade Machine from a guy who bought it new and played it probably 10 times. On the way down to deliver it he rolled his pickup and completely destroyed it and his truck. :eh: :(

I ended up getting a U.S. board from a friend but as the games are a bitch to find for the U.S. boards I ended up selling it.

One of these days if I find another mint Die Hard cab I may buy one again.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Circa2113
candycab wrote:
Circa2113 wrote:
phry wrote:

Afew years back I scored a mint Die Hard Arcade Machine from a guy who bought it new and played it probably 10 times. On the way down to deliver it he rolled his pickup and completely destroyed it and his truck. :eh: :(

I ended up getting a U.S. board from a friend but as the games are a bitch to find for the U.S. boards I ended up selling it.

One of these days if I find another mint Die Hard cab I may buy one again.

As much as I despise die hard, I hate to hear about a minty fresh cab being destroyed.:(

Just an fyi, with an STV board, you can order a dual bios chip and run it as US or JP. Thumbs Up

Kazuya_UK
Wow, Radiant Silvergun??? That's an awesome find/buy dude. I still miss the Saturn I owned for a while, purely for that one game. I probably shouldn't have sold it really, but I used it to finance more Neo Geo games so it wasn't all bad! Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Circa2113
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Wow, Radiant Silvergun??? That's an awesome find/buy dude. I still miss the Saturn I owned for a while, purely for that one game. I probably shouldn't have sold it really, but I used it to finance more Neo Geo games so it wasn't all bad! Smile

Kaz

Yea, it's a great game. The complexity of it is enough to absolutely amaze people the first time they see it in action. Too bad you sold it, but at least it went to a good cause. I recently sold a ton of my collection, so that's why I could afford it. With what was left over, I picked up:

REZ for ps2 at $25
Zupapa! kit for $50
This
This

Shiny
So I finally gave in and joined the 21st century, kinda. I found an Xbox (the old one) going for a stupidly low price and I just couldn't say no. Still can't justify buying a 360 but so far I have to say I'm very impressed with the Xbox. Guess this is old news for everyone else but it's a big thing for me. It came with DOA3 (yawn), Splinter Cell: CT, and PGR2. Splinter Cell I've seen on the Gamecube before but, maybe it's just me, it seems to look loads better on Xbox and I'm surprised how addicted I am to it, 3D action games normally leave me feeling a little cold. And PGR2, well, I am Sean's gobsmacked face. It just completely blows me away! It looks great, sounds great (thanks mostly to my CDs Wink), and plays like a dream. I even get to have SH1NY as my license plate. Awesome. Just awesome. DOA3, like ALL 3D beat 'em ups is rubbish. Sorry.

Anywho, like I said you guys probably take everything that's amazing me right now for granted but, by my own choice I've been in something of a gaming timewarp since my teens and this feels kinda like rediscovering games all over again. Grin I'll probably say the same thing in 10 years when the 360 is about 20 and I buy one of them. Wink

candycab
I never liked the PGR games much as they were just way to over the top with the sliding crap, pretty much why I think the RR series has always sucked aswell Grin

The PGR games were pretty spiffy looking though.

Get Forza dude its a must if you like racers, that the only reason I bought an X-Box and #2 is going to be about the only reason so far that will get me to buy a 360.

The rest of the games look rather average in terms of content/game play experience.

You should grab Crimson Skies when ever you see it, fun game Grin
Edited by candycab on 09. April 2007 04:48
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
candycab wrote:
I never liked the PGR games much as they were just way to over the top with the sliding crap, pretty much why I think the RR series has always sucked aswell Grin

The PGR games were pretty spiffy looking though.

Get Forza dude its a must if you like racers, that the only reason I bought an X-Box and #2 is going to be about the only reason so far that will get me to buy a 360.

The rest of the games look rather average in terms of content/game play experience.

You should grab Crimson Skies when ever you see it, fun game Grin

I think the reason I like PGR2 so much is because it plays like an arcade racer, like RR, no previous experience necessary just instant fun! Grin It is a little too easy though.

Totally agree about the 360 there's nothing on it at the moment that makes me want to buy one. That'll probably change in time if only for SNK ports... But I'll still wait till the machine's a reasonable price. Like under 100. Wink Don't be surprised if it doesn't take that long.

And I had a quick look at Crimson Skies on Gamespot and it looks pretty cool, if I see it in a bargain bin somewhere I'll pick it up.

I must confess that I'm a very lazy shopper and when I'm confronted by the huge number of Xbox games in any shop I tend to walk out again because I just can't be bothered to sift through them all. So any suggestions are appreciated. That way I can go straight to the counter and ask for it. Wink

Circa2113
Had a good week...

img413.imageshack.us/img413/5442/dscf1736lj3.jpg

candycab
Circa2113 wrote:
Had a good week...

img413.imageshack.us/img413/5442/dscf1736lj3.jpg

Is that a firghter or a shooter ?

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Midian
I looked it up, it's a shooter.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Circa2113
Yup, a shooter. A damn good one too. Grin

Circa2113
Please. Help me. I've become an addict.

i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/circa2113/1.jpg

Guess the game and win a prize.*

*no actual prizes available Pfft

Shiny
Hmmm... I'll go for Guwange.

Circa2113
Shiny wrote:
Hmmm... I'll go for Guwange.

Nope, good guess though. I'll give a hint: the game had 2 versions, this is the first.

candycab
Who made it ?

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Circa2113
CAVE. That really narrows it down though, they've only made 15-20 titles.

http://www.cave.c...rcade.html

candycab
lol ...... Yeah giving up the name would perobably make anything too easy to guess for the most part.

I still have no clue though.

Didnt they make quite a few shooters ?

Out of the 80 or so games Ive personally owned I dont think Ive ever owned anything made bye Cave.

My first guess would have been that it was a Taito board of some sort except that it looks to be Jamma and it seems like most Taito boards that werent modular were proprietary in their wiring.
Edited by candycab on 16. April 2007 08:19

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Circa2113
Yea, cave is known for being the developer for shooting games. Others I own besides the one I just bought are in bold. That narrows it down even more.

They have released the following shooters:
Dangun Feveron
Donpachi
Dodonpachi
Dodonpachi 2
Dodonpachi: Dai-Ou-Jou
Dodonpachi: Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label
ESPGaluda
ESPGaluda 2
ESPrade
Guwange
Ibara
Ibara Black Label
Ibara Sorekara (pink sweets)
Ketsui
Mushihime-sama
Mushihime-sama 1.5
Mushihime-sama Futari
Progear

Their newest title, muchi muchi pork comes out this year. Thumbs Up

This particular board is on 2nd generation cave hardware and the only to include the protective metal casing.
Edited by Circa2113 on 16. April 2007 08:31

phry
I was kinda thinking Donpachi, but only because that's one of the few Cave shooters I've heard of! Grin

Jump to Forum: