Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
green beret
Yesterday I had 2 boxes in my door.
The first one contained my new non consolized Atomiswave system loaded with Knights of Valour Seven Spirits.
The second one had my new JP Mega drive 2 and JP Sega cd 2. Games included are Musha Aleste, Denin Aleste and Sonic cd.
green beret attached the following images:
img_1251.jpg img_1250.jpg img_1248.jpg img_1249.jpg img_1271h.jpg

Edited by green beret on 11. January 2016 16:17

cthulhu
Finally found this:

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ACNI75PYh8w/Vov0CQ2iHoI/AAAAAAAACJ8/KEKUMuU44GE/s1024-Ic42/Metamorphic%252520Force.jpg

It's the Japanese version by the way.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Finally found this:

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ACNI75PYh8w/Vov0CQ2iHoI/AAAAAAAACJ8/KEKUMuU44GE/s1024-Ic42/Metamorphic%252520Force.jpg

It's the Japanese version by the way.

Great game mate! Btw happy new year!
I can't upload pics using my iPad any more....
Edited by green beret on 09. January 2016 10:37

Sensi
The fast paced action and full sound makes it a terrific buy, well done.

green beret
Last Friday I received my genunine US R-type 2 pcb in mint condition.

EDIT: I also managed to upload pictures on this thread for my previous purchases since 30 days ago.
img_1278h.jpg img_1275h.jpg

Edited by green beret on 11. January 2016 16:54

RiKo
Wow nice Green beret.Thumbs Up It looks mint! Where do you get your PCBs from? I am probably going to try to get an R-Type,Ghouls n Ghosts and Strider soon. Do you now what prices you would expect to pay for these? (I am a noob )
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
RiKo wrote:

Wow nice Green beret.Thumbs Up It looks mint! Where do you get your PCBs from? I am probably going to try to get an R-Type,Ghouls n Ghosts and Strider soon. Do you now what prices you would expect to pay for these? (I am a noob )

I bought the pcb from a member of shmups forum and it was 385$ without shipping. Expect R-Type to cost more but I can't tell how much.

A Strider boards was some months ago in Neo-Geo forums for 270$ and it wasn't sold. This is irrelevant though, because I could have bought it myself but didn't for other reason than the price.

Ghouls and Ghosts if original is very rare and price can go from 450$ to 800$. I won mine in an auction 7 days ago for 690$ and it was not a bid fight to reflect that price.

Buying arcade works a little different: Many pcbs are much rarer than the Neo Geo and usually you must be ready and have the cash when a game you like pops up because you may not see it again any time soon. I will tell you an example, when I traded my AES Pulstar I wanted to acquire something similar and an original near mint R-Type LEO came in my way. I bought it. I like the franchise so I decided to buy R-Type too when I find it but all these months I only came across this R-Type 2 board which is genuine and minty. I may buy the first one too if I find it some time.
Edited by green beret on 12. January 2016 07:00

cthulhu
Nice minty looking R-Type II PCB, very nice game. Congratulations!

Riko: I agree with green beret. Some PCBs are quite difficult to find and can be very expensive, especially the Japanese versions, because they're more desirable most of the time. With some games it'll take months or even years to find one and if you do find one you'll have to buy it quickly if it's a popular game or else it'll possibly take you months or years again to find one. The Japanese Metamorphic Force PCB that I bought recently is one of those games I had been searching for for quite a while. Only the US version pops up once in a while but that one is not as good as the Japanese version (quite a few big differences between the two). Green beret has some really nice and some quite rare games in his collection...also quite a few that I wouldn't mind having myself (especially Undercover Cops and Night Slashers).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Nice minty looking R-Type II PCB, very nice game. Congratulations!

Riko: I agree with green beret. Some PCBs are quite difficult to find and can be very expensive, especially the Japanese versions, because they're more desirable most of the time. With some games it'll take months or even years to find one and if you do find one you'll have to buy it quickly if it's a popular game or else it'll possibly take you months or years again to find one. The Japanese Metamorphic Force PCB that I bought recently is one of those games I had been searching for for quite a while. Only the US version pops up once in a while but that one is not as good as the Japanese version (quite a few big differences between the two). Green beret has some really nice and some quite rare games in his collection...also quite a few that I wouldn't mind having myself (especially Undercover Cops and Night Slashers).

Thank you.
I maybe bought it expensive but I didn't pay attention to the price.
Here is what I received yesterday:
Ghouls 'n Ghosts genuine US version. I was looking for it for a long time
img_1310.jpg img_1307.jpg

Edited by green beret on 12. January 2016 17:47

green beret
Arrived yesterday to complete the set of Makaimuras
Ghosts 'n Goblins original US version in near mint state.
img_1328.jpg img_1319.jpg

Edited by green beret on 13. January 2016 16:16

RiKo
Thanks for all the help Cthulhu and Green beret.

@green beret, I'm very jealous of your Ghouls n Ghosts! At the moment I only intend to maybe buy 6 PCBs at most. (famous last words) so I'll be going for quality and non-bootlegged of course. Having said that Ghouls N Ghosts is very expensive. I can only imagine it going up in price though, so I will probably regret if I don't buy one when I get a chance.

*I am* definitely a noob because I didnt even think about which version (US, JAP etc) to buy. I'm so used to MVS having all 3 versions on one cart. Which are the best versions in your opinion of Strider, Ghouls N Ghosts and R-Type. Also Rainbow Islands if you know because I may get that game too. Thank you very much for any help. Thumbs Up I'm going to do some research also before I buy anything.

Cthulhu wrote :- The Japanese Metamorphic Force PCB that I bought recently is one of those games I had been searching for for quite a while.

I've never heard of that but I just watched a video of it on YT, looks pretty good!

green beret
RiKo wrote:

Thanks for all the help Cthulhu and Green beret.

@green beret, I'm very jealous of your Ghouls n Ghosts! At the moment I only intend to maybe buy 6 PCBs at most. (famous last words) so I'll be going for quality and non-bootlegged of course. Having said that Ghouls N Ghosts is very expensive. I can only imagine it going up in price though, so I will probably regret if I don't buy one when I get a chance.

*I am* definitely a noob because I didnt even think about which version (US, JAP etc) to buy. I'm so used to MVS having all 3 versions on one cart. Which are the best versions in your opinion of Strider, Ghouls N Ghosts and R-Type. Also Rainbow Islands if you know because I may get that game too. Thank you very much for any help. Thumbs Up I'm going to do some research also before I buy anything.

Cthulhu wrote :- The Japanese Metamorphic Force PCB that I bought recently is one of those games I had been searching for for quite a while.

I've never heard of that but I just watched a video of it on YT, looks pretty good!

In capcom cps1 games region doesn't matter so much except if you like for example a higher difficulty a JP Ghouls n Ghosts may has. A Japanese R-type is more difficult for sure. For my R-type 2 there were Japanese Roms included too (many more enemy fighters attack from behind). The only think I know about Rainbow Island is its price which is about 130-170€.
Be careful for Ghouls n Ghosts conversions, they are all arround.

RiKo
Thanks Green BeretThumbs Up The Japanese must have been hardcore players. I remember later in the Playstation 1 days, Japanese developers were having to make harder difficulty modes for the West. Things soon changed.

green beret
My NEW 2 slot CMVS/MVS arrived. I am very happy with it. Great unit!
img_1361.jpg img_1353.jpg

Sensi
Sweet, Green!
Didn't you have already some MVS games? Or just received the unit to play them? If you want to sell some of them in the future.......you know the drill Wink

green beret
Sensi wrote:

Sweet, Green!
Didn't you have already some MVS games? Or just received the unit to play them? If you want to sell some of them in the future.......you know the drill Wink

Hi Sensi,
I had sold a Omega CMVS and 2 MVS games I didn't like. I was planning to buy a 2 slot CMVS since 2 years ago. I found the best and here we are...

Sensi
Looks nice and sturdy. Does switching between the games works well and easy? Never thought about it where it happens. Because I'm playing one game at a time, I doesn't feel the need for 2-slots. But it looks so cool!

Is it hooked up via RGB? The telly you have looks kinda cute, with al these switches. Old thingy you love I assume?

green beret
Sensi wrote:

Looks nice and sturdy. Does switching between the games works well and easy? Never thought about it where it happens. Because I'm playing one game at a time, I doesn't feel the need for 2-slots. But it looks so cool!

Is it hooked up via RGB? The telly you have looks kinda cute, with al these switches. Old thingy you love I assume?

A 2 slot works like this: Playing the intro of the first game and then it plays the intro of the second game, then again the first etc. If you press start while the intro of one game you can play that game! Or else you press select and it changes intro! If you star a game "select" works as pause though, like AES. Believe me it is very cool to have 2 games at once!

It has RGB scart output but it is a perfect RGB like if it were in jamma! The omega I had before had a shitty RGB.

The monitor is a professional grade Sony BVM 1416p and I bought it from Germany 2 years ago. It has a perfect picture quality and it is 30kg weight! All these frond switches are very handy for adjusting the picture for different jamma pcbs.

green beret
Last week I received an original Sega system 16B Shinobi Board.
img_1387.jpg img_1386.jpg img_1384.jpg

green beret
Yesterday I received an original Konami Sunset Riders. Great game
3_1.jpg 2.jpg 1_5.jpg

Jump to Forum: