Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
RiKo
Good luck finding a new one.

I presume it's a vector display of some sort. I remember the one I played had the Atari copyright writing burned into it from the demo and title screen and also and the lives and score counter too.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
cthulhu
That's crap! If I remember correctly, it should be a phosphor screen.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

DarakuTenshi
Well there is no burn in on this monitor... that is unless it does not show up on this type of monitor until you turn it on. My Ms. Pac has horrid burn in. But, Chad over at Arcadecup can fix the monitor for me. I just have to decide when I'm going to send it to him. Then there are other very minor cabinet issues with this thing.

cthulhu
This game came in a couple of days ago...I'm soooooooo happy!

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YuoAX1gzn0E/VAnd8mi29PI/AAAAAAAAArE/PRAL-SDdqog/w989-h657-no/Akai%2BKatana.jpg
My arcade stuff

Sensi
Great to have Ctulhu, congrats.

I already had the Japanese versions, but finally the Western releases:

s25.postimg.org/bf14hw2jj/Saturn.jpg

reelmojo
Picked up a few PS1 games at a garage sale for a steal.

Gran Turismo
Demo CD Vol. III (the Eidos sampler)
Rage Racer (oddly in a Need for Speed V-Rally case)
Namco Museum Vol. 3
Assault Rigs
Armored Core: Project Phantasma

Got the whole lot plus a PS1 with two controllers for $10! Armored Core is worth between $15 to $25 alone, so I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I'll probably sell Rage Racer though. As a collector I can't stand owning a game like that.

Other purchaess:

Sonic Generations (3DS)
Beyond Good and Evil (PC, GOG)
Rise of the Triad: The Dark War (PC, GOG)
Dragon Quest VIII Demo Disc (PS2)
Final Fantasy Dimensions (Android)

candycab
OUYA

Broken Age
No Gravity
Fist Puncher
Tiamat X
Big Action Mega Fight
& Doom GLES for the hell of it Grin

PC via Steam

DAYZ

PC via Humble Bundle

Legend of Dungeon $2.49
https://www.youtu...xLiQbecdT8

Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition $4.99
MX vs ATV Reflex $.99
Capsized $.99

PS4

Recent purchases

Minecraft $5.00 ( Due to previous PS3 ownership )
Diablo Reaper of Souls Digital
Need For Speed Rivals Digital
Counterspy
Hohokum
Outlast
BF4 Digital
Edited by candycab on 09. September 2014 23:08
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

DarakuTenshi
D... I love that game. I didn't like the one on the Dreamcast though.

Here are my new games from the past couple weeks
i60.tinypic.com/2qite78.jpg
i59.tinypic.com/24d21xg.jpg

DarakuTenshi
Chiba3010 wrote:

Just ordered SF II: Champion Edition for the PC Engine! I'll play this stunning port on the big screen with my Supergrafx console and the small screen of my PC Engine GT handheld. We'll see how this monster HuCard plays using just two standard buttons. More than likely I'll wind up buying NEC's six-button pad for my Supergrafx just for this game alone (don't know if any other PC Engine HuCard titles make use of it, honestly). As for playing this on the GT, I'll just have to tinker with the button assignments to determine the most tolerable 2-button setup so I can enjoy this awesome 8-bit translation on NEC's handheld. Wink

Blurry pic from the eBay seller:

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/D4742F10-DCFA-4BFC-93C3-ED153B3BD4A5-4283-00000752CAFC30AA.jpg

Visually, this port is a jaw-dropping achievement and a technical marvel developed for (at its core) 8-bit hardware. The graphics are superior to Sega's port and rival those of the SNES's. Sonically, the PCE version's music is marginally inferior the SNES and Genesis ports, but the voices and sound effects beat out Sega's and nearly match Nintendo's! F*cking class! Clap

Can't wait to finally play this version of SF II. Anyone else here have it? If so, I'd love to hear some of your opinions! Smile

I remember being so jelly when it comes to your above pick. Well... I finally got mine in the mail today. It was just shy of $15 shipped and in great condition too.
i57.tinypic.com/14kgojq.jpg

reelmojo
I bought a 9 game Master System lot on Ebay that just arrived! Three of them I already owned so with the new copies being in pristine condition my old ones will be sold off soon. All complete with manuals, posters, and cases in perfect condition including the hang tabs:

Wonderboy in Monster Land
Phantasy Star
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Alex Kidd in High Tech World
Rastan
Aztec Adventure

And the ones I already owned:
Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Trap
Shinobi
Penguin Land

i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/11012014_zpsc57bf4ae.jpg

The highlight of the new ones for me is Phantasy Star, which means I finally completed this:
i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/PhantasyStars_zps62eeb07c.jpg

priest
Mmmm...WONDERBOY IN MONSTERLAND, SHINOBI and RASTAN...Yummy
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
LIFE_IN_2D
Against my better judgment I bought these two titles.

s30.postimg.org/cosw3yy7l/Untitled.jpg

I figured I should buy Last Resort before it's price skyrockets like most AES games have been lately. Shit, actually MVS prices have been going nuts the past couple of years too. I blame e-bay. Anyways, now that I've bought Last Resort on AES, I think I'll call it quits with AES, except for some cheap easy-to-find titles.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
A new game has just arrived:

lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yZUecsUAZyY/VFuj9-KsYLI/AAAAAAAAA0w/NLa_zJQkCMA/w909-h604-no/AvP.jpg

Asia version.
My arcade stuff

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

A new game has just arrived:

lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yZUecsUAZyY/VFuj9-KsYLI/AAAAAAAAA0w/NLa_zJQkCMA/w909-h604-no/AvP.jpg

Asia version.
You received it faster than me!
I will receive it tomorrow.
Please first impressions!

cthulhu
I've already played it many time through emulation. In my opinion it's in my one of the best Beat 'em Ups ever and more hectic than others. It's wave after wave of aliens and humans, almost no quiet moments in this game, so it's fast paced and very hectic. I've found out that the Asian version has some different sounds, in the Japanese version Major Dutch Schaefer says "Okay" when picking up a weapon, in the Asian version he says "I got it".
My arcade stuff

Glowsquid
I've got some serious gaming ADHD going-on. In the last two months I've bought:

-Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn
-Raiden IV Overkill
-Cybersled (PSN)
-Twisted Metal III
-Zanac X Zanac (psn)
-Chopper Attack
-Total Annihilation (GOG)
-Time Crisis: Razing Storm
-Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2

I've also got a free copy of Alien vs Predator (the 1999 game) from a GOG promo.

green beret
Today came a very big box straight from Japan and inside were CPS2 Xmen Children of the Atom Japanese boxed with full original artwork and CPS2 Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom Japanese too.

neros
Dragon Saber, PCB. Namco magic from 1990. Awesome looking game and awesome great music in this title. Love it to bits Headbang 2
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
green beret
Yesterday I ordered Warrior of Fate CPS1.5 and Marvel Super Heroes CPS2 and 2xA boards Japanese

merlin
Nice purchases everyone. Some awesome arcade games.Thumbs Up

I just moved to a new home and since there are other people living here too I thought it might be a nice idea to buy a cheap console and hopefully get some two player games going. I thought about getting either a Saturn, DC or SNES but ended up buying a PS1. It only cost 2000 yen (just under 11). I've never owned a PS1 before so I'm quite excited about it! The only games I've bought so far are Nekketsu Oyako (which was one of the original launch titles in Japan) and Capcom Generation volume 4 (Commando, Mercs, Gun.Smoke). I plan to buy Guilty Gear, Street Fighter Zero 3, Samurai Shodown 4 and Smash Court 2 next.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/IMG_0692_zps3adfbf11.jpg

Jump to Forum: