Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
Murikov
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

AOF2 and FFS AES came today.

Son of a fucking BITCH, is AOF 2 hard. I can't even beat the first couple guys. Anybody good at this game?

You better wait until you face to Young Geese. Then you may redefine the term "f***ing cheap bastard". Smile

Everything else is just about fooling the A.I. Our member yf19a seems to know the game inside out, he wrote some very interesting facts in his welcome thread.

Anyway, congrats on those acquisations!
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

AOF2 and FFS AES came today.

Son of a fucking BITCH, is AOF 2 hard. I can't even beat the first couple guys. Anybody good at this game?

I think Merlin became a bit of a genius at this. I always remember him explaining it to me, to think of AOF2 as a 'puzzle' game, in its own way.

The game needs to be figured out and walked around... Wink
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
I think Merlin became a bit of a genius at this. I always remember him explaining it to me, to think of AOF2 as a 'puzzle' game, in its own way.

The game needs to be figured out and walked around... Wink

Thanks Ninja but I'm definitely not a genius at AOF2. The other member Murikov mentioned knows a lot more than me about the game. Although I've completed the game quite a few times with 2-4 credits on AES I've never actually 1CC'd it (because of Geese).

I tend to play quite defensively and counter the AI's moves. I hardly ever go for flying kicks because the AI is so good at countering those. One of my favourite tactics is to go for low kicks, knock the opponent to the ground and hit them in the face with a fireball as they are getting up. Very effective. The AI is quite stupid at times and can be quite repetitive in it's behaviour.

reelmojo
I haven't posted in this thread for a while so I'm sure I'm gonna forget something, but here we go:

Christmas presents:
Sonic 2 (Game Gear, Factory Sealed)
Phantasy Star II (Gen, CIB with hint book)
Phantasy Star III (Gen, CIB)
Phantasy Star IV (Gen, CIB)
Shinobi III (Gen, CIB)

All from my roommate who is also a collector and clearly knows what I like. He focuses his collecting on PS1 games and I got him Suikoden 2. So, good Christmas! I also recently bought:

A Playstation Vita
Tearaway (Vita)
Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2 (GCN, CIB with bongos)
DMC Devil May Cry (360)
Me and My Katamari (PSP)
Sneaky Snakes (GB, CIB)
Ecco Jr. (Pico, CIB)
Rocksmith 2014 (PS3)

My Ecco collection is very close to complete now! Still missing Ecco Jr. for Genesis, Tides of Time for Sega CD, and the PC versions of the first two games. I haven't played Tearaway on my new Vita yet since I had a huge backlog of free games from PS+ already. I've mostly been playing Gravity Rush which is fantastic but I've heard nothing but great things about Tearaway too. And I got Rocksmith because, while I know how to play guitar I feel I need to improve and this will definitely be a great way to do that.

cthulhu
Vampire Savior and Marvel vs Capcom arrived yesterday.

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/CPS2.jpg
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

LIFE_IN_2D
Nice Cthulhu, I've always liked the first MVC best.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

reelmojo
Just bought Sonic and the Black Knight for Wii in my attempt to catch up on the Wii/360/PS3 generation of Sonic games. Most of them got a bad rap, but I'm not one to just listen to reviews. Lucky for me too as I really enjoyed Black Knight. It's frustrating as hell when the waggle isn't as accurate as it should be, and it's way too short, but it's fun and that's what matters.

I also put in preorders for:

Bravely Default (3DS, Collector's Edition)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3)
Infamous: Second Son (PS4, Special Edition)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

Guess I'm locked into buying a PS4 in March now!

reelmojo
My copy of Sneaky Snakes finally arrived today which makes my Snake Rattle 'N Roll collection really close to complete!

i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/Snakesalmostcompletecollection_zpsf54a07cb.png

That ugly one on the right is a Hong Kong pirate of the Mega Drive version of SRnR. Still need to pick up the real thing sometime to complete the collection. I think my collecting efforts this year are going to be less about volume and more about completing some smaller collections (Ecco, Golden Axe, etc...) and also getting some more high dollar stuff that I'm missing like Crusader of Centy (aka Soleil in Europe).

Speaking of my Ecco collection, I just bought a small lot of Game Gear games on Ebay. All loose unless otherwise noted:

Ristar
World Class Leaderboard Golf
Psychic World
G-Loc (with manual)
The Majors Pro Baseball (CIB)
Ecco the Dolphin (CIB)

While CIB Ecco was the obvious reason to buy this I'm also looking forward to playing Ristar and Psychic World.

cthulhu
Finally bought D&D Tower of Doom, now I have both CPS-2 D&D games:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/TowerofDoom.jpg
My arcade stuff

LIFE_IN_2D
You must be very proud cthulhu, both games are gems.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
I am quite happy with them. These are two of the best beat 'em ups ever in my opinion, so many hidden rooms and different routes compared to others. Both are in English by the way.
My arcade stuff

cthulhu
More Cave goodness came in today, adding to my ever expanding collection (I've got 10 of them now):

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/EspRaDe.jpg

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/MushihimesamaFutari.jpg
My arcade stuff

reelmojo
Picked up a Playstation 4 yesterday. No retail games yet, but I'm enjoying the games that have come with Playstation Plus so far and that will hold me over until Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Infamous: Second Son next month. Resogun is from the team that made Super Star Dust and it plays like an updated version of Defender. It's crazy intense and absolutely gorgeous. Outlast is a horror game that reminds a bit of Condemned (without the combat) mixed with the movie Grave Encounters. I've only played the beginning but it's been really good so far.

Other recent purchases:

Ridge Racer Type 4 (PS1)
Star Wars Episode 1: Racer (Dreamcast)
Giana Sisters Twisted (Wii-U)
Mighty Switch Force (Wii-U)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (PS3)

And a lot of games on www.gog.com's current sale:

Rise of the Triad (2013)
System Shock 2
Dungeon Keeper 2
Balder's Gate: The Original Saga
Balder's Gate 2: Complete
Demon Stone
D&D: Dragonshard
The Temple of Elemental Evil
Icewind Dale: Complete
Icewind Dale 2: Complete
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete

So it's safe to say I have more than enough games to play for the foreseeable future.

LIFE_IN_2D
Project Justice for Dreamcast just came in the mail. Now that I've spent a few hours with it, it's probably my favorite 3D fighter.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
2D wrote :- Project Justice for Dreamcast just came in the mail. Now that I've spent a few hours with it, it's probably my favorite 3D fighter.

Nice purchase 2D Thumbs UpI *really* like that game, and the PSX original too.

Mojo wrote :- Picked up a Playstation 4 yesterday. No retail games yet, but I'm enjoying the games that have come with Playstation Plus

Mojo - I don't think I know anyone who can play as many games as you! Congratulations on the PS4. Will be interesting to hear what your favourite games are on it, after you've had it a little time.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Neorebel
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

Project Justice for Dreamcast just came in the mail. Now that I've spent a few hours with it, it's probably my favorite 3D fighter.

I like this game quite a bit as well. I have the Japanese version. Got quite a bit of use out of it back when I was in the college dorms...

reelmojo
Just a few quick pickups from the local game store, and one lone PSN purchase. I'm cutting back a bit since I've got a few games preordered that come out this month.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (360)
Wrath of the Black Manta (NES)
Nintendo World Cup (NES)
Kings of the Beach (NES)
Faxanadu (NES)
Jim Power: The Lost Dimension in 3D (SNES)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1, PSN)

reelmojo
Here's something that I don't think has ever come up on NGFL. I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy II. Not the SNES game that the west calls Final Fantasy II but is actually IV, but the actual Final Fantasy II with Firion and Minwu and all that. The Dawn of Souls version on GBA and later the PSP version really put it over the top as one of my favorite old school RPGs of all time. The first time the game was released after the original Famicom version was for the Wonder Swan Color, and it even got a unique limited edition console made for it. And I just bought that console.

hit930.sakura.ne.jp/hitjapan/ws/14032510007.JPG
hit930.sakura.ne.jp/hitjapan/ws/14032510013.JPG

So, I've never really looked into the Wonder Swan that much before. Any game recommendations?

merlin
Nice purchase Reelmojo. Thumbs Up

The WonderSwan is a nice handheld. I have one too and started a forum thread about the system. I thought you would maybe be tempted to buy one because of Golden Axe (a great version!).

reelmojo wrote:
So, I've never really looked into the Wonder Swan that much before. Any game recommendations?

Aside from Golden Axe and the Final Fantasy games here are some other great WonderSwan games I recommend:

Makaimura
Dicing Knight *
Guilty Gear Petit
Guilty Gear Petit 2
Judgement Silversword
Mr. Driller
Wonder Classic
One Piece Grand Battle: Swan Colosseum

* Awesome game but rare and very expensive so might be best to emulate it.

A few other import friendly games which are worth a look:

Buffers Evolution
Crazy Climber
Final Lap Special
Gunpey Ex
Kinnikuman Nisei: Dream Tag Match
Magical Drop
Puzzle Bobble
Rockman & Forte
Tetris
Ultraman
Wizardry (has English language option)

As much as I love my little WonderSwan it is definitely a problem seeing the picture on the screen. You need plenty of light and have to hold it at the right angle. I've heard that the SwanCrystal has a better screen. On Wikipedia it mentions that there is a screen light accessory but I've never seen it for sale. Would probably be worth getting a 'WonderCoin' too which fits over the d-pad making it easier to pull off special moves in fighting games.

priest
Lots of nice purchases as of lately, especially Chtulhu´s PCB aquisitions.

...Have the D&D PCB:s been 'phoenixed'?
Edited by priest on 02. April 2014 14:31
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Jump to Forum: