Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
cthulhu
Arrived today:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/KoV3.jpg

Knights of Valour 3...awesome game and it's huge. I think I'll definitely be needing those memory cards if I actually want to finish this game. I haven't got a clue babout what's going on and what to do (can't read Chinese), but that doesn't matter to me as long as it's a fun game.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

reelmojo
I'm envious of everyone around here who owns PGM games. What I've played of the Knights of Valour series has been incredible, and I'd love to get my hands on KOV 3! Why did American arcades have to die!? Annoyed

A few pickups today. Having a used game store right down the street is definitely feeding my addiction.

Jungle Strike (Gen, CIB )
Super Monaco GP (Gen, CIB )
Skitchin' (Gen, CIB )
Mick and Mack: Global Gladiators (Gen, in box)
Tecmo Super Bowl (Gen, CIB )
Halo 4 (360)
Ghost Squad (Wii)
Gradius III (SNES, loose)
Power Instinct (SNES, loose)
Castlevania: Adventure Rebirth (WiiWare)

Power Instinct is pretty uncommon so I was surprised to even see it in person, let alone get it for a pretty low price. It is now the only game in the series that I own; a fact that I really need to rectify. Both Matrimelee and Groove on Fight's home ports are pretty affordable.

hitorkori
I know groove on fight as i have it on Saturn ! but only thought matrimalee was only aes/mvs only ?

reelmojo
I was referring to the Japanese only PS2 realease entitled Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Bonno Kaiho, which upon further investigation is actually an update to Matrimelee. And now that I know that I want it even more!

I picked up my Zelda themed 3DS with A Link Between Worlds last night since Gamestop was doing a midnight release for the XBox One. So far the game is incredible, especially the music.

hitorkori
reelmojo wrote:

I was referring to the Japanese only PS2 realease entitled Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Bonno Kaiho, which upon further investigation is actually an update to Matrimelee. And now that I know that I want it even more!

I picked up my Zelda themed 3DS with A Link Between Worlds last night since Gamestop was doing a midnight release for the XBox One. So far the game is incredible, especially the music.

ok about matrimlee I got my Zelda too yesterday it awesome

sanny_torkilsson
Sturmwind for the Sega DC. Amazing game. Highly Recommend for shmups fans. Thumbs Up

www.aikhockey.se
LIFE_IN_2D
sanny_torkilsson wrote:

Sturmwind for the Sega DC. Amazing game. Highly Recommend for shmups fans. Thumbs Up

Woah, that finally came out? I remember hearing about it, years ago. How much was it? What exactly do you like about it?
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

sanny_torkilsson
Classic Game Rooms review of the game. http://www.youtub...eCoF7fK5zk
I feel the same way about the game. Pure gold.

I bought the game from redspotgames site for 35 Euros. http://www.redspo...oductId=19

After I got the game and played it for a couple of hours I just knew I had to order the Limited Edition to. Will look nice in my DC collection Smile
http://www.redspo...oductId=34

www.aikhockey.se
NeoGeoNinja
The last game I purchased was sometime ago now. Quite obscurely, it was Wipeout 2097 (XL in US/JP) for the Sega Saturn.

I was only really familiar with the PS1 version, so I wanted to see how the Saturn version was by comparison.

The results were, imo, admirable but really no comparison to the masterpiece that is the original PS1 version. Best futuristic racer ever made, I reckon.

It's perfect; overall design direction, gfx, gameplay, physics, speed, track design, music etc.

Saturn version isn't even half the game the PS1 version is unfortunately...
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Glowsquid
Got myself Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Gamecube ver) and Battalion Wars 2.

-Bounty Hunter is a really repetitive TPS with some really rough collision detection and ledge/platform placement, but the level design actually gets somewhat interesting after the (awful) first chapter. I remember being interested in it due to it having a "darker" and decidely different take on the Star Wars mytho, which was one of the many things I liked about Republic Commando.

-BWII is awesome.

Though not a purchase, I also got myself three free PSN games (Warhawk, Twisted Metal and Destruction Derby) due to a recent promotion Sony's doing on Home. It's like the game selection was custom-made for me.

LIFE_IN_2D
Bought the Super Spy. It's kinda fun to turn it on and put on the unlimited ammo cheat and just shoot people to hell. Very satisfying to stab and punch their faces too... of course the way to play this is in short doses, via memory card. Beer helps too.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

reelmojo
Black Friday deals that I got on actual Friday and not Thursday because fuck shopping on Thanksgiving Day...

Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition (360)
Rayman Legends (WiiU)
Angry Birds Trilogy (360)
Anarchy Reigns (360)
Shinobi (3DS)

I am very impressed by the quality and difficulty of Shinobi for 3DS. I definitely recommend it to fans of Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi 3. It's a bit different than those classics, but I'm fully enjoying it so far.

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

Bought the Super Spy. It's kinda fun to turn it on and put on the unlimited ammo cheat and just shoot people to hell. Very satisfying to stab and punch their faces too... of course the way to play this is in short doses, via memory card. Beer helps too.

Travis Bickle sig... enjoys punching, stabbing and shooting 'people' to hell...

Life and people have definitely taken their toll on you dude. And, I don't even think you've hit your 30's yet! Pfft

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:I am very impressed by the quality and difficulty of Shinobi for 3DS. I definitely recommend it to fans of Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi 3. It's a bit different than those classics, but I'm fully enjoying it so far.

Being a big Shinobi fan (can you tell?) I have always been curious about this title for 3DS, however, I am always subjected to mixed opinions across the board - from fans and casual enjoyers of similar games alike.

If I had a 3DS, I'd definitely get it, but seeing as I have no plans whatsoever to get a 3DS (or Vita) then it's likely I can live without this one for now...

cthulhu
i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/Ketsui.jpg

Ketsui!!!
My arcade stuff

LIFE_IN_2D
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

Travis Bickle sig... enjoys punching, stabbing and shooting 'people' to hell...

Life and people have definitely taken their toll on you dude. And, I don't even think you've hit your 30's yet! Pfft

Hahahaha, so true.

Funny thing is, I actually turn 30 tomorrow, the 14th. So perhaps I am at that ripe 'ol age where being a misanthrope is just a rite of passage.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:So perhaps I am at that ripe 'ol age where being a misanthrope is just a rite of passage.

Definitely.

If you want it, it's there for the taking Wink

Also, HBD for tomorrow dude. Have a good one...

priest
cthulhu wrote:
Ketsui!!!

Nice christmas present!!!!....But I thought you only went for complete CAVE kits...?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
cthulhu
Nice christmas present!!!!....But I thought you only went for complete CAVE kits...?

Yes, I did, but I realised that I don't do anything with the artwork. I rarely look at the artworks and a bare PCB is way less expensive than a full kit (this PCB was about half the price of a full or even partial kit). Nowadays with everything being more expensive than a few years ago and with a small child around, everything that can make this hobby less expensive is worth doing.
My arcade stuff

LIFE_IN_2D
AOF2 and FFS AES came today.

Son of a fucking BITCH, is AOF 2 hard. I can't even beat the first couple guys. Anybody good at this game?

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: