Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
marktheshark
I did get plenty of games this year, here's a few...

Breath of Fire 3 (PSX) - I'm still somewhat early in the game. My views in this game are positive. It's fun to learn skills from enemies, but the chance of your character actually doing so is pretty random. The Dragon Gene system is this game is pretty cool to mess around with. Too bad the fishing mini-game sucks horribly though.

Capcom Classics Collection (PS2) - It's nice to see some obscure games on here like 3 Wonders, Varth, Eco Fighters, etc. My complaint though is that this game only has 2 CPS2 games in it (SSF2T and Eco Fighters). No Darkstalkers, no Armored Warriors, no Cyberbots?! Come on!
www.theotaku.com/guru_results/2613_Wind.jpg

cthulhu
Having talked a lot about Splatterhouse lately, made me want to buy the game.

Arrived today...Splatterhouse:
i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/SplatterhousePCB.jpg

Looking great, especially for a game from 1988!
Now I have all four old Splatterhouse games on their original format...I don't have the newest PS3 version (didn't look interesting to me).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

reelmojo
Went on a pretty big game shopping trip yesterday to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Got some really good deals and something I never thought I'd buy, so all in all it was a good day.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Gen, Sega Classics variant)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (360)
Assassin's Creed III (PS3) (this and TTT2 were 2 for $15 at a pawn shop!)
Asura's Wrath (360)
Gradius V (PS2)
Wii Play (Wii)
Gunmetal (XBox)
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon (XBox)
Red Ninja: End of Honor (XBox)
Minnesota Fats: Pool Legend (Saturn)
Virtua Fighter Kids (Saturn)
Immercenary (3DO)

Immercenary is the one I thought I'd never buy. The 3DO is not really on my radar, but I've read about this game and it was only $2 so I couldn't pass it up. I figured, worst case scenario I'd sell it for a small profit. 3DO's aren't all that expensive though so I may end up with one eventually. Minnesota Fats is a game that I really want CIB for Genesis because it has that badass "widescreen" cover art. The Saturn version is much cheaper and the cover art isn't as cool, but the game itself probably looks better. For those who don't know, it's the US version of Data East's Side Pocket 2.

TF73
Bought Capcom Arcade Cabinet for XBox Live. Wish SNK also could release something like that Smile

DarakuTenshi
Yeah, my brother told me last night that the Cap Arcade is on sale right now. Seems like a very good deal too!

hitorkori
yeah arcade cabinet too good a deal to miss was on gunsmoke last night for 2hrs good timesGrin

TF73
Have mainly played Commando so far. Great game, but I would actually have prefered to have the C64 music playing in the backgroundSmile

-SD-
Dragon's Crown Famitsu DX pack

img560.imageshack.us/img560/7918/876m.jpg
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

shion
Ah, the spiritual sequel to Shadow over Mystara.

I'd be way more psyched for a game like this if there weren't hundreds of similar games in the APP Store already.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
fusion24
GRIM DAWN (PC)
ZERO ZACK (PC)
DMCGrinEVIL MAY CRY (PC)
FIFA 13 (PC)
STARCRAFT 2 (PC)
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ULTMATE NINJA STORM (PS3)Argue ONLY REASON TO SWITCH PS3 ON
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/papikie2001/RockHoward2.gif

reelmojo
Went on a pretty big game buying binge today and came home with some amazing stuff.

All CIB...
Columns III (Gen)
6Pak (Gen)
Frogger (Gen)
Sonic Spinball (Gen)
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PS1)
Rollcage Stage II (PS1)
G-Police (PS1)
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (XBox)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (XBox)
Resident Evil 6 (360)
Lost in Shadow (Wii)
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (Wii)
Sam and Max Season 2: Beyond Time and Space (Wii)
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Wii)
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 (DVD)
Dragon's Crown (PS3)

I went to seven different stores to find Dragon's Crown, and when I finally did find it it was their last copy! Looks like it's selling better than Atlus expected it too, which is awesome. A beat'em up selling well can only be a good thing.

DarakuTenshi
Nothing special but I grabbed Robotron 64 and NHL '94 Sega CD.

-SD-
Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra Limited Edition.

I've also been on a Lego building mission. The Cuusoo Back to the Future set and the Limited Edition 4x4 Boss Crawler (#09002/20000).

img163.imageshack.us/img163/3830/wol7.jpg

DarakuTenshi
Nice I didn't know the BTTF lego sets even existed.

-SD-
The BttF set is part of the Cuusoo range that are designed and voted for by fellow Lego fans. Everyone needs to vote for the Ghostbusters set!

The designers of the Delorean are also donating their share of the profits to the Micheal J Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Disease research, which is really very decent of them. So you should all buy one fron the Lego Store.....

More on topic, I'm in the process of buying a phoenixed Aliens vs Predator CPS2 board.... pics when it arrives. Just need an A Board now so I can actually play it Beard

reelmojo
Sonic Shuffle (DC)
Otogi (XBox)
Flashback (XBLA)
Golden Axe: Beast Rider (360)
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD (PS3 preorder)
Grand Theft Auto V (360 preorder)

I needed a good copy of Beast Rider as mine was bought second hand from a rental place and it didn't have the original case. It's Golden Axe so I have to have the real thing! I also bought Hardcore Gaming 101's Sega Acrade Classics Vol. 1 book because I'm a big fan of HG101 and obviously a huge Sega fanboy as well.

Glowsquid
Nothing special but I grabbed Robotron 64

Great game, hope you enjoyed it.

----

-A Thrusmaster Hotas-X flightstick. Doesn't work as well as I'd have liked for Starlancer or Wing Commander: Secret Ops due to the deadzone, but it works reasonably well with Heroes Over Europe and Sega Super Scaler games on MAME so I'm not entirely disastified.

-Zone of the Enders HD: Heard they fixed the original hack job on ZOE 2 so I went and bought it. Ironically I ended up playing the (decidedly mediocre) original more than the sequel.

-Armored Core V

-Pikmin 3 : D

LIFE_IN_2D
I bought Capcom Classic Collection Volume 1. I bought it mainly for Final Fight, preferably I'd have the original PCB and a super gun, but that's a major investment. This collection should have a near perfect port of Final Fight, anybody know for sure? I got tired of playing it on MAME, and it's about time I paid Capcom properly for years of entertainment.

Anyways, I also FINALLY bought a COMPONENT, cable for my PS2. So Final fight will look it's best on my TV. You guys in the UK don;t know how shitty composite video (what my old cable put out) looks, but I think Final Fight deserves the best America can give it.

Both are in the mail, and I can't wait!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

DarakuTenshi
I'm sure it probably is emulated just fine. I have it for the 360 when they sold it as the Double Impact and it was a very cool conversion along with bonus options. But, I've never played the one you have.

cthulhu
Just bought Dragon's Crown and it's an awesome game! Gorgeous graphics and extremely over the top character designs (I think the term bouncy was invented for this game...holy crap). If you like games like D&D Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara, this game is a must have.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Jump to Forum: