Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
Salvio007
Cthulu - That's an awesome game! I have both Asura Blade games for Mame.
Great buy bro!
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

cthulhu
Priest: Yep, most of the characters are based upon those from other games and the graphical style is reminiscent of Capcom's Vampire series. But this game play so smooth and is really fun to play as well. the stages are also great to look at and the game has it's own atmosphere in my opinion. A great but underrated game.

Salvio007: Thanks. Another one crossed of my most wanted list. Asura Buster, The Rumble Fish 2, Warzard, Jojo's Venture and Arcana Heart 3 remain...which one will be next?
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

reelmojo
I've slowed down a bit recently. I wouldn't expect that trend to last though. Just a few purchases over the past few days:

Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn)
Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD)
Virtua Racing (Genesis)

I was bidding on Crusader of Centy (Europeans know it as Soliel) but it went a bit out of my current price range. Gonna have to save up a bit for that one.

DarakuTenshi
It's been a while since I've bought a new game... I was wanting Luigi's Mansion but when I saw Castlevania I thought I'd give it a try too.
imageshack.us/scaled/landing/801/newea.png

reelmojo
Just won an Ebay auction for all kinds of Genesis goodies. A few of the sports games I couldn't care less about, but they were bundled with some really good stuff...

Genesis 3 console with hookups and 6 button controller
Land Stalker (CIB)
Light Crusader (CIB)
Sonic 3 (CIB)
Mortal Kombat II (CIB)
Gauntlet IV (CIB)
NBA Jam (CIB)
George Foreman's KO Boxing (CIB)
Pro Quarterback (CIB)
NBA Showdown '94 (CIB)
NHL '95 (CIB)
Formula One (CIB)
Spiderman and X-Men (loose)
Red Zone (loose)
Wardner (loose)

I mostly bought it for the Genesis 3, which is a model I have never owned, and Land Stalker. A few of those will be replacing lower quality copies that are already in my collection.

DarakuTenshi
I rather enjoyed NBA Jam on the Genesis, I dont' think that's too bad to get that along with the lot... Formula One on the other hand... not so good. Nice pick up though.

hitorkori
DarakuTenshi wrote:

It's been a while since I've bought a new game... I was wanting Luigi's Mansion but when I saw Castlevania I thought I'd give it a try too.
imageshack.us/scaled/landing/801/newea.png

great purchases there tenshi thats the last 2 3ds games i got too. destroyed castlevanie 100% just under 24 hrs on it & about half way thru luigis mansionn 2 which im enjoying too both must have if you own a 3ds

DarakuTenshi
So far I am not enjoying Castlevania as much as I did the GBA and first DS game. It's alright though... I'm not even going to open Luigi until I beat Castlevania, I played it for a couple minutes at Gamestop and fell in love all over again.

reelmojo
DarakuTenshi wrote:

I rather enjoyed NBA Jam on the Genesis, I dont' think that's too bad to get that along with the lot... Formula One on the other hand... not so good. Nice pick up though.
Funny, these games just arrived in the mail today and I actually kinda liked Formula One. It's not gonna be my favorite Genesis racer or anything, and the fact that I just bought Virtua Racing makes it extremely obsolete, but I found it enjoyable. The real surprise of the bunch was Wardner. It's a game I had never played and I didn't even know what it was before booting it up. Turns out it's a really fun platformer. It feels more like an 8 bit game than a 16 bit one with it's very simple graphics and level design, but the gameplay is tight and that's what really matters.

Two more purchases recently:

Guacamelee (PSN)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (360)

Guacamelee is incredible and if you ever enjoyed a 2D Metroid or any game like it (Outland, Shadow Complex, most post-SOTN Castlevanias) then I highly recommend you stop reading now and go buy it. Injustice I picked up today and I'm definitely enjoying it so far. It's a bit crazier than Mortal Kombat and definitely faster paced, but not as over the top as Capcom's Marvel games so I can still actually tell what the hell is going on. I look forward to watching professional players play it as it seems like it has a ton of potential to be cool to watch at high level play. I bought it at Walmart and they must have had a few too many copies of Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe sitting in a warehouse somewhere because they threw in a copy of that for free. Good thing I didn't already own it! I know it's not gonna be great but a free game is a free game.
Edited by reelmojo on 20. April 2013 23:13

DarakuTenshi
Alright, I gave him the money for it today. I'm so excited to have the original CIB. Man the condition of this thing is amazing.
imageshack.us/scaled/landing/22/gameboyf.png

reelmojo
Wow, that is amazing! I would never expect to find the box in that kind of condition.

DarakuTenshi
I'd like to get the plastic bag that the GB was supposed to be in, original batteries, and registration card.

But, yeah I was super stoked when he showed it to me.

Murikov
DarakuTenshi wrote:

Alright, I gave him the money for it today. I'm so excited to have the original CIB. Man the condition of this thing is amazing.

Wohoo, the original GB. Always reminds me what an indestructibility that device actually is:

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/gameboygulfwar_zpscf990c0e.jpg
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

DarakuTenshi
Yeah I remember seeing that in Nintendo Power back in the day. I love that Nintendo was able to get their hands on that to put it in their "museum"

reelmojo
The guy who runs our local independent game shop actually just called me because he got in a few boxed Genesis games and knew I'd be interested. That alone is awesome, and even cooler is that they were all in great condition and I needed all of them for my collection... and one of them wasn't a Genesis game but a Mega Drive game!

Road Rash II
Road Rash 3
Phantasy Star II
Sonic the Hedgehog (Original Japanese Mega Drive version)

i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/pressA042513_zpsef3e5197.png

Gotta love that box art for the Japanese Mega Drive Sonic games. So 90's! It's extremely rare to find any foreign MD games around where I live. This is actually the only one I've ever seen in the wild excluding my trip to Chicago earlier this year.

DarakuTenshi
Road Rash are such good games... not to mention PSII and Sonic.

cthulhu
Another game to be crossed of my most wanted list...tomorrow Asura Buster is going to be shipped to me along with a free Asura Blade sub-board (Asura Buster has the motherboard). Yesterday I also finally found Cyvern and it's shipped today from Austria...been looking for quite some time for this game and everytime I found one I either didn't have enough money or someone just bought it (a few hours) before I found it. Even though Cyvern is not one of the best shmups ever, I really like it and it seems to be quite popular amongst collectors (probably because it's not emulated properly and it didn't have a console release).
My arcade stuff

Kurisu
Metal Slug X and Dunk Dream for AES. Both Jap, complete and pristine.

Taking delivery tomorrow of Sturmwind Limited Edition for the Dreamcast, including a plush Kraken toy. What fun!
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

Kurisu
Also, have to agree about the box art on the Japanese megadrive carts. Recent purchases include (all Jap);

Twinkle Tale
Divine Sealing
Zou Zou Zou (Rolo to the Rescue)
Panorama Cotton
Vampire Killer (Castlevania)

That's as good a way as any to waste redundancy money!!Smile
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

cthulhu
Kurisu wrote:
Twinkle Tale
Panorama Cotton
Vampire Killer

Very nice...I'd love to buy Twinkle Tale in the (possibly near) future...great game.
My arcade stuff

Jump to Forum: