Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
-SD-
img16.imageshack.us/img16/3020/imagesfs.jpg

Wii U Skylanders Giants for my son's Xmas present. I've already been buying the giants figures, so we should be ready to go on Boxing Day, as it's their Mum's turn to have them this Xmas Day.

Turns out this is rather elusive though. It's not listed on Amazon UK which is quite surprising and my local GAME only got the one copy a customer had pre-ordered. So I drove to Toys R Us and was quite disappointed initially, other than picking up all four of the new Ninja Turtles action figures for the boy's present, which are quite awesome.... Anyway, I asked the very nice young lady on the game section and it turns out they had a grand total of four Started Packs delivered which hadn't even been put on the shelf. She was even cool enough to let me pick which one had the best painted figures as she's a fan herself. Bonus.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO‚ÄĘGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

DarakuTenshi
You know... I just don't understand Skylanders. Maybe you can enlighten me a bit on it. I have friends back home who are in their 30's that spend hundreds on those things.

reelmojo
I was supposed to be done buying games for myself until after Christmas, but then my girlfriend and I went to Gamestop to get a gift card for a friend and I found Akai Katana for $10! Also, they had a bunch of 360 games on sale for under $3, and if a complete in box 360 game is under $3 and I'm even remotely interested in it I'll buy it. So I ended up with...

Akai Katana
Too Human
Dark Sector
Fracture

Obviously Akai Katana is the shining star of this bunch, but I'm definitely happy with my other purchases too given how cheap they were.

cthulhu
My very first CPS-2 game has arrived: Dungeon & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara. Great game and a very nice addition to my collection of Arcade Games.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
cthulhu wrote:

My very first CPS-2 game has arrived: Dungeon & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara. Great game and a very nice addition to my collection of Arcade Games.

Congrats Cthulhu! One of my favourites. Which region is your one and does it have a
battery or has it been phoenixed? Let me know if you ever feel like doing some 4 player D&D online!

I picked up two more CP System games recently both of which are quite hard to find: Daimakaimura (Ghouls 'n Ghosts) and Tenchi wo Kurau (Dynasty Wars).

When my Daimakaimura arrived I was really disappointed because the game didn't work! When I switched the power on the music started immediately and the graphics were all messed up. After doing some research online I found out it was probably due to a fault with the A board. I tried the game with the A board from my Final Fight and it worked perfectly. Really pleased the game is working ok and hopefully I can get the faulty motherboard repaired.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/DMM_zpsc5c508f0.jpg

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/TWK.jpg

cthulhu
It's the Asia version, it's original (non-phoenixed) and the battery has been changed two months ago. I got it pretty cheap (I think...75 Euro for both boards) and because it's the Asian version it has English text, which is the best for this game in my opinion. Also it doesn't need a kick harness even though it uses four buttons (didn't know that). I really like this game and I hope to find the first one in English as well . I'll eventually probably also buy the Japanese "A" Board for the Fighting Games...especially Vampire.
My arcade stuff

priest
Merlin and Chtulhu: Nice buysThumbs Up

Sadly the suicide battery is what puts me off getting these CAPCOM PCB:s. I know about the Phoenix operation, but still...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
cthulhu
priest wrote:

Merlin and Chtulhu: Nice buysThumbs Up

Sadly the suicide battery is what puts me off getting these CAPCOM PCB:s. I know about the Phoenix operation, but still...

Thanks. That has also been the reason for me to not buy a CPS-2 game, but apparently the battery change is extremely simple and can be done within 5 minutes where you have 45 minutes before suicide. You just need to have basic soldering/ desoldering knowledge and you need the battery (and the security torx bit). I've read on Arcade Otaku that there's even a way to revive dead boards without having the phoenix menu and the mention of Phoenix Edition on the startup screen...some guys decided to do the reviving without all the Phoenix extras to keep the boards as original as possible...though I can't find that thread again. Doesn't matter anyway as my game hasn't suicided just yet and I'm not planning on going to let it die, but you never know.
My arcade stuff

merlin
75 Euros was a very good deal for SOM Cthulhu. Significantly below the prices I normally see on forums or ebay.

Thanks Priest. It means a lot to me to finally add these to my collection. Yes I can understand why the whole suicide battery thing would put you off. Fortunately there are plenty of great CP System games which don't use a suicide battery and would be nice additions to your collection.

reelmojo
Found the PS2 game Mojo for $1. Figured it's a game I should own for obvious reasons. I also picked up Shadow the Hedgehog which I for some reason never played when it was new despite being a fan of every 3D Sonic game before it. I know it's gonna be quite a bit different and it didn't get great reviews but I'm still looking forward to playing it.

TF73
Purchased Playstation all Star, MGS4 25th Anniversary Edition and Heavy Rain LE for PS3 + Sega Sonic All Star Racing Transformed for Xbox360. Hoping to play a bit of Heavy Rain tomorrow when my wife is at workSmile
Edited by TF73 on 27. December 2012 13:58

reelmojo
Those are all great purchases there, TF. Heavy Rain is hit or miss it seems, but I personally I loved every second of it and I hope you will too. If nothing else it makes a great case for video games as a story telling medium. If you do like it I highly recommend Telltale's The Walking Dead.

Recently picked up Papo & Yo on sale on PSN. Looks pretty interesting. I also got Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection with a gift card I got for Christmas. I look forward to sitting down and giving those games the proper time they deserve. And now I'll be all set if The Last Guardian ever actually releases.

-SD-
Martial Masters for the PGM Headbang

And a couple of large Skylanders Giants posters for the boy. They were £2 each in GAME so I couldn't really say no. And a mug with Tree Rex on it that I'm probably going to commandeer as my favourite tea mug.....

I'm just after The Gladiator/Road of Sword now.

merlin
Picked up a few more CP System games bringing me up to a total of 12. I bought Three Wonders, U.N. Squadron and Rockman: The Power Battle. Unfortunately one corner of the B board of Three Wonders was damaged during shipping but the game works perfectly and has been 'desuicided'. U.N. Squadron only cost me $75 which was a great deal. I couldn't believe the way U.N. Squadron was shipped. There was no bubble wrap or any other protective packaging in the box and the PCB was slightly longer than the box so had to sit at an angle! Roll Eyes Fortunately it didn't get damaged.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/rockmanthepowerbattle_zpse2a9afa3.jpg

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/threewonders_zps7868a992.jpg

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/unsquadron_zpsa862c020.jpg

-SD-
Martial Masters arrived earlier on, along with another PGM board. Both are in essentially mint condition, I'm really quite happy.

img197.imageshack.us/img197/9044/imagevtm.jpg

I've spent most of the evening playing Joe Danger Touch on the iPad. The touch controls are really well done and it's pretty addictive. Well worth 2quid!

Salvio007
-SD- wrote:

Martial Masters arrived earlier on, along with another PGM board. Both are in essentially mint condition, I'm really quite happy.

Congratz SD! MM is a sick game.
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

reelmojo
I need Martial Masters in my life. I hope someone at IGS eventually decides that porting their PGM collection to current consoles would be an amazing thing, because I for one would definitely buy them all.

From a recent stop at the local game store:

Blinx: The Time Sweeper (XBox)
Spy Vs. Spy (NES)
Batman (NES)
WCW Wrestling (NES)
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

All the NES games had just come in and since they hadn't been cleaned or tested yet the guy who runs the store let me buy them for $1 a piece. Castlevania II's label is in bad shape but... $1! Everything worked great once I cleaned them and Batman is a freaking awesome game.

-SD-
I haven't played Spy vs Spy in over 20 years, but I certainly remember it being very good fun. I definitely recall setting booby traps and having to get to the plane to finish the level.

I did breifly play the NES Batman when I borrowed it from a mate but I never owned it; I had the Gameboy game with the really tiny Batman sprite. From what I recall it's definitely one of the better Dark Knight games....

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Blinx, it's one of the Xbox games I always intended to get, but never did. How does the whole rewinding time thing work and is it implemented well?

As for PGM games on other hardware.... I don't think it's happening. IGS have had the opportunity to release their games on PSN/XBLA for years now, and they've never bothered. I find the decision quite mind boggling, but the company has obviously decided it's not worth the financial commitment, if they've even investigated the possibilities at all. Shame really, as a Knight of Valor Collection on PSN would have been awesome.

I just hope the PGM3 gets a decent amount of software released for it.

reelmojo
My original XBox isn't hooked up at the moment so unless Blinx works on the 360 it'll just be sitting on my shelf for a while along with Arx Fatalis, Sudeki, Genma Onimusha, Morrowind, and Jade Empire... all games that Microsoft never bothered to get working on the 360. I did play a demo for Blinx and vaguely remember enjoying it but that was very long ago. I'm just trying to slowly build up a good collection of original XBox exclusives as it seems like it's not a system that a lot of collectors pay attention to and therefore the games are still mostly pretty cheap.

And Batman truly deserves to be high on the list of great NES games. It has that Castlevania 1 style difficulty in that it's really hard but you get infinite continues so if you keep pressing on you'll beat it. Plus, wall jumping is awesome! Definitely a high point in licensed gaming.

cthulhu
The Killing Blade Plus has finally arrived after a month of shipping. The cart looks great with minor usage marks from inserting and removing the cart from a motherboard. The only thing is that the label is partly peeling off, but that's probably because it's freezing cold over here and the package was the same temperature as outside, otherwise the label looks great. I'm going to let it get to room temperature before I'm going to try it out.
My arcade stuff

Jump to Forum: