Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
priest
SD: A Viewlix cab?!!!
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
-SD-
It's a Black Storm cabinet from Wecom/Sealy.

I'll be putting the Dreamcast, PS3 and Xbox360 in there for all the shmups and vs. fighters. I'm even contemplating loading up XP on my old Mac Mini for some MAME action.

The main thing is getting the PS3 hooked up and BlazBlue on the go Grin

I'll be replacing the Street Fighter IV artwork with something nice and simple from either BlazBlue or King of Fighters XIII. The ball-tops will be replaced with white ones and all the buttons with Sanwa OBSF-30s in red with white plungers. I'm undecided on the24mm Start buttons, but they'll be either white or red.

I just need to find out what inputs are on the monitor. Hopefully it has VGA, DVI and HDMI. If it's VGA only then I'll be needing an HDFury2 cable. I'm also still waiting on the PS360+ PCBs so I can hook the CP up without messing around. They should have been out by now, but there you go. Hopefully they'll start shipping in the next couple of weeks.

Mai
Edited by -SD- on 31. May 2012 21:26
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

leightonandoff
-SD- wrote:
It's a Black Storm cabinet from Wecom/Sealy.

I'll be putting the Dreamcast, PS3 and Xbox360 in there for all the shmups and vs. fighters. I'm even contemplating loading up XP on my old Mac Mini for some MAME action.

The main thing is getting the PS3 hooked up and BlazBlue on the go Grin

I'll be replacing the Street Fighter IV artwork with something nice and simple from either BlazBlue or King of Fighters XIII. The ball-tops will be replaced with white ones and all the buttons with Sanwa OBSF-30s in red with white plungers. I'm undecided on the24mm Start buttons, but they'll be either white or red.

I just need to find out what inputs are on the monitor. Hopefully it has VGA, DVI and HDMI. If it's VGA only then I'll be needing an HDFury2 cable. I'm also still waiting on the PS360+ PCBs so I can hook the CP up without messing around. They should have been out by now, but there you go. Hopefully they'll start shipping in the next couple of weeks.

Mai

I look forward to seeing where you're going to put it, considering the lack of space you have for, admittedly, such a very lovely machine indeed.
Thumbs Up
img824.imageshack.us/img824/1425/photo4qj.jpg

NeoGeoNinja
-SD- wrote:
This finally arrived today, all the way from Hong Kong

img12.imageshack.us/img12/9436/img0133ov.jpg

Beard

I WISH YOU SPENT...
as much money on your camera as you do your games stuff mate Pfft

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

RiKo
Lol ninja, cab looks great though SD!
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
reelmojo
As if I have time to play it or anything, I recently purchased a new/sealed copy of Breakdown for the original XBox. It appears to be a very Japanese take on first person shooters, with much less shooting and a lot more story and craziness. The HG101 write up about it made it sound like it would be right up my alley, and I never owned very many XBox exclusives so I jumped on it.

RiKo
Just ordered DeathSmiles on 360. Was under a tenner and the deluxe version too. Really looking forward to playing it because have never played a Cave schmup before!

Mojo wrote :- As if I have time to play it or anything, I recently purchased a new/sealed copy of Breakdown for the original XBox.

i quite liked that, felt really novel like a prequel to Mirror's Edge almost. Underrated a little i think. I like it when he's sick at the start in the toilet and you see it from a first-person view Smile
Edited by RiKo on 10. June 2012 21:15

reelmojo
Comparing it to Mirror's Edge is going to make me have to play it now!

And DeathSmiles LE is a steal at $10! I still have the faceplate on my 360 and the soundtrack is awesome. It has easier difficulty settings so it might actually be a great way to start playing Cave shmups too.

-SD-
New 360 shmup alert!

Ginga Force from Qute will be out on August 30th in Japan. Pre-orders are up on Play-Asia, so I've got mine in, just in case it turns out to be region free.

I also got an HDFury Gamer 2 cable as the monitor in the cab only has VGA, RGB and Component inputs. It's a single cable HDMI - VGA with audio out as well.

reelmojo
I finally got Dark Awake off of the Japanese PSN store. I'm pleased with it so far, although I was hoping for at least a little bit of English in the menus. As a side result of this purchase I can now totally vouch for this store. They are cheaper than anything else I've been able to find and they Emailed me the code only a few hours after I bought it.

RiKo
Just got Power Drift on Sega Saturn. I'm a bit obsessed with super-scalar games on Saturn because it was my dream to own these machines as a child and the Saturn versions seem to be arcade perfect. I still need After Burner though.

Are there any other ones on Saturn apart form Outrun, Space Harrier, Power Drift and After Burner?

-SD-
The first batch of PS360+ PCBs have finally started shipping Clap I got pissed off waiting so I emailed Akishop Customs directly and purchased a couple today. Hopefully they'll show up in the next couple of weeks so I can finally get the cab fired up.

I've also ordered an XRGB Mini at last so I can use the AES on the TV and have it look fantastic and awesome. With added scan lines Headbang

merlin
Congrats on getting a cab SD. Looks like a nice one.

I recently bought my 6th CP System game which I'm pretty excited about. Got it from a member at neo-geo.com. It's in perfect condition. Awesome game. I'm hoping to buy Carrier Air Wing next.

http://i557.photo...Willow.jpg
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

priest
Merlin: That´s a fairly rare PCB you got thereThumbs Up

You´re building a nice collection of PCB:s...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
merlin
Thanks priest. You're right it's not an easy one to get hold of Willow. I've only got a fairly small PCB collection but I'm happy with it.

RiKo wrote:
Just got Power Drift on Sega Saturn. I'm a bit obsessed with super-scalar games on Saturn because it was my dream to own these machines as a child and the Saturn versions seem to be arcade perfect. I still need After Burner though.

Are there any other ones on Saturn apart form Outrun, Space Harrier, Power Drift and After Burner?

I also love these super-scalar games RiKo. The Saturn port of Power Drift looks really good. I need to get that one myself. After Burner II on Saturn seems pretty much arcade perfect. Aside from the ones you mentioned there is also Galaxy Force II for Saturn. It's a shame the excellent A.B. Cop by Aicom didn't get a home version.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

reelmojo
Went on a small classic game shopping spree today. Can we call the original XBox classic yet?

Jade Empire - Xbox RPG from BioWare that I've heard nothing but good things about.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition - Xbox version. I've never played Oblivion or Skyrim and I hear they're even more enjoyable if you've played Morrowind.

Kakuto Chojin - The Xbox fighting game that officially does not exist. That alone makes it too interesting not to own.

Skyblazer - SNES action platformer. It's pretty beat up but it's such a good game and it was only $5 so I jumped on it anyway.

Strider - Genesis version CIB. Because why in the hell did I not already own this!?

Supergrafx
Spent a few hundred dollars on games in the bargain bins last week , got some pretty good games for both PS3 and X-box 360 which included Crysis 2, Tomb Raider HD collection and all the Halo off shoots. Ended up with a dozen brand new games all under $20 each.

The best pick up was two Ninja Gaiden controllers for the original X-box that were still brand new and boxed for $10 each. Mai

reelmojo
I had to look up those Ninja Gaiden controllers to see what they looked like. Pretty awesome, and definitely worth the $10 you spent on them. How big is it compared to the two official Xbox controller models? I got my Xbox late so it came with the Controller S but I remember using the Fatty model in a store and really liking the way it felt in my hands. Plus the white and black buttons seem to have better placement on the older model (as well as your Ninja Gaiden controllers there).

I tested out Kakuto Chojin. It's pretty mediocre with a few ideas here and there that keep it mildly interesting. As far as 3D fighters go I recently got Tobal 2 and VF5FS so I won't be spending much time playing this. I played on normal difficulty and was able to pretty much button mash my way all the way through it using only the most basic of combos and barely getting hit. During the credits I saw video of my character doing some really crazy juggle combos so maybe in 2 player you have to try a bit harder to be competitive. One cool thing about the game I hadn't anticipated is that it comes with demos and one of them is for Shenmue 2! So, technically Kakuto Chojin is just one more piece for my Shenmue collection. Wink

hitorkori
I've been surfing a few articles about it from that time (which are still available on the Net), and it seems nobody at MS, or MS Japan in particular picked up on the Koran verses used as a background chant being potentially offensive to devout Muslims. Seems it took a protest from the Saudi government and its oil billions to get their attention.

Well, Kakuto-Chojin isn't a great fighting game, but IMO it deserved a better fate than this. A sequel might even have been good, if the development team that MS Japan had cobbled together from ex-Dream Factory and Tekken staff would've had a chance. So sez moi.

As for the Koranic chants, I read from one source (the Guardian newspaper's story linked to at the wikipedia article) that they were removed, and the game re-released, although I don't think that occured in North America.

i still have the unrecalled one with call to prayer in background music !Wink

DarakuTenshi
Kakuto-Chojin was an interesting game but I thought it was horrid. It was interesting but the only reason I bought it was because it was bing pulled from the shelves.

Jump to Forum: