Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
merlin
My first impressions are very positive STE. Once I've spent a decent amount of time playing the game I'll post my thoughts in your Rage thread.

Glowsquid
Went to a gamestop and picked up:

Wheelman (almost entirely because it looks like a big-budget Pursuit Force.)

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Dark Sector (was only 5 bucks, so...)

all on ps3.

cthulhu
I've just bought Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I really enjoy it and I thinks it's loads of fun, but I do think that the controls are quite awkward if you're used to the controls of the first two games with the 3 Attack buttons and the Special button. Still, great choice of characters!
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

STE C
just polishing off my Dreamcast collection Pal SF3 3rd Strike, Capcom V SNK, MVC, Cannon Spike, Revolt, Virtua Tennis 1, Loony Toons Space Racing and a spare copy of Shenmue just for the hell of it.

Really want a copy of Zero Gunner 2 as it is one of the best shumps I have ever played ( playing a cdr is never the same) but its a bit pricey.

RiKo
nice buys Ste Thumbs Up i think i prefer V.Tennis 1 to the 2nd one - more arcadey. What do you think of Loony Toons? i spent ages trying to really like that game because the graphics are so nice, but its just an average racer underneath. nice replays though!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
neoman
Terry
Just download samurai shodown for my ps3 ,looks the business not cheap though

STE C
RiKo wrote:
nice buys Ste Thumbs Up i think i prefer V.Tennis 1 to the 2nd one - more arcadey. What do you think of Loony Toons? i spent ages trying to really like that game because the graphics are so nice, but its just an average racer underneath. nice replays though!

yeah I also prefer the 1st game Riko, I like the sequel but I find it a bit hard to be honest. As for Loony Toons its ok but not great but im really just buying up lots of DC games I wouldent usually bother with as I can tolerate average games just to see them in lovely vga. Im after Wacky Races next as its actually a half decent game.

I do have almost every DC on cdr already so I do know what im buying and its a great way to test them before I buy a proper copy. The Dreamcast is f*ckin amazing , the candle that shines so bright burns out so fast ect Blade Runner ect it oh did it shine.

Cool picture of the genius Matt Smith by the way Riko , now he is a legend who sadly appears to live in relative poverty.
Edited by STE C on 13. February 2012 22:25

RiKo
i think i have all the DC games i want now, though there's probably something i have forgotten. will you get all the jap shooters too? btw if you like MSR get the US version cos you get a replay option with that (I am obssessed with replays haha), they didnt have time to put it in the UK release.

Ste wrote :- Cool picture of the genius Matt Smith by the way Riko , now he is a legend who sadly appears to live in relative poverty.

i think in that vid link i put up he was living back in his mum's house in surbiton. but i heard he's moved out again now. There was an interview with Iain Lee recently and he said that when he interviewed Matt Smith - he asked him a question and he literally just stopped moving and froze for a full minute before answering. def too many drugs! i wish i could find the quote. he was working on an Xbox footy game at one point, not sure what he's doing now.

-SD-
Zen United have finally got their collective asses in gear and the BlazBlue Continuum Shift: Extend - Premium Edition is finally available for pre-order Headbang

img11.imageshack.us/img11/5889/blasbluecontinuumshifte.gif

They're cutting it pretty fine considering the game's out next Wednesday, best get my Amazon order cancelled too.

Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

-SD-
Well BlazBlue arrived, and it was definitely worth getting the Premium Edition for the two manga.

Hopefully Under Defeat HD will arrive tomorrow from Play-Asia. Then I can use the $5-off coupon and get my pre-order in for Aquapazza: AquaPlus Dream Match.

-SD-
Under Defeat HD has finally arrived, and I did indeed pre-order AquaPazza.

STE C
I had no idea Under Defeat was out for PS3, shame its so expensive but a cool cool game.

STE C
RiKo wrote:

i think in that vid link i put up he was living back in his mum's house in surbiton. but i heard he's moved out again now. There was an interview with Iain Lee recently and he said that when he interviewed Matt Smith - he asked him a question and he literally just stopped moving and froze for a full minute before answering. def too many drugs! i wish i could find the quote. he was working on an Xbox footy game at one point, not sure what he's doing now.

Yeah its obvious the guy smokes a lot of dope band I dont think it has done his mental health any good living in that hippy commune in Holland as he was probably indulging in all sorts of mind bending stuff. Riko that chick is sexy as f*ck who is she
Edited by STE C on 01. March 2012 11:47

RiKo
Ste wrote :- Yeah its obvious the guy smokes a lot of dope band I dont think it has done his mental health any good living in that hippy commune in Holland as he was probably indulging in all sorts of mind bending stuff. Riko that chick is sexy as f*ck who is she

haha yes.

YouTube Video

i dont know who the chick is, someone was using her on a social network site and i stole it. she is fit though Smile

I finally ordered my 3DS yesterday, i went in to HMV and checkd out Vita today and i def prefer 3DS . Vita is good but it's just an enhanced PSP really, it even looks pretty much the same. I would say wait until its cheaper for anyone who wants to get it - there will be more games available then and the ones out now will be dirt cheap.

As for my 3DS i got the blue one - it looks good in real life - not so much on internet shots. There was a white one which came with Mario 3D Land for 127 but i paid more just cos i wanted the blue console and i didnt even get a game! Sort out your pricing Nintendo!

HMV had Street Fighter 4 for 3DS for only 15 pounds brand new, so i got that. I dont like that they allow you to put Ultras and Super moves on the bottom screen, i really hope you can turn that option off in competitive matches but i doubt it.

I actually feel reallly guilty about spending money on a new console. I dont know why!
Edited by RiKo on 01. March 2012 21:59

rbelmonte171
Street fighter x tekken for ps3
Very good so far, anyone else playing it?

RiKo
@rbelmonte Ninja has it, he made a little thread about it, worth checking out.

I just bought Pilotwings Resort and Kid Icarus Uprising for my 3DS. Havent recieved Kid Icarus yet but looks really good, bit like Space Harrier in places! and it comes with a stand you put your 3DS into. (i think the control scheme requires it).

Really enjoying PilotWings so far, definitely benefits from being in 3D, just makes you more aware of where all the obstacles are and makes everything more scenic. loving flying under bridges and doing dumb stuff.
Edited by RiKo on 18. March 2012 19:07

reelmojo
Got myself a complete in box copy of Ecco: Tides of Time to add to my Genesis collection. The box even has that little extra piece of plastic on top that they used to hang games from in the store! It's really rare to see that piece intact. Honestly though, the box is in such perfect condition that I might switch it out with my CIB Gunstar Heroes since that box has slight damage. Afterall, Gunstar Heroes is pretty much the crown jewel of my Genesis collection... second only to a still sealed copy of the first print of Pier Solar of course.

As for the game itself, Tides of Time is a much better game than the original but it's still extremely abstract and I'm not sure I have the patience to make it all the way through. I understand why people love it, but I also understand why people hate it. I'd love to see Ecco come back with a modern sequel. I can see it working great if it controlled more like Nights and the camera zoomed out a bit.

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Got myself a complete in box copy of Ecco: Tides of Time to add to my Genesis collection. The box even has that little extra piece of plastic on top that they used to hang games from in the store! It's really rare to see that piece intact.

HANG-TAB...
it's called, a hang-tab. Every day. Something. Something new! Wink

reelmojo wrote:
I'd love to see Ecco come back with a modern sequel. I can see it working great if it controlled more like Nights and the camera zoomed out a bit.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO AND...
try the Dreamcast version? That was actually really good. Never ever mentioned, but a great game all the same. Much more involving than the MD ones imo Wink

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

-SD-
Bug Princess 2 has just hit the App Store so I've been enjoying some Cave shooting madness.

reelmojo
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
reelmojo wrote:
Got myself a complete in box copy of Ecco: Tides of Time to add to my Genesis collection. The box even has that little extra piece of plastic on top that they used to hang games from in the store! It's really rare to see that piece intact.

HANG-TAB...
it's called, a hang-tab. Every day. Something. Something new! Wink

reelmojo wrote:
I'd love to see Ecco come back with a modern sequel. I can see it working great if it controlled more like Nights and the camera zoomed out a bit.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO AND...
try the Dreamcast version? That was actually really good. Never ever mentioned, but a great game all the same. Much more involving than the MD ones imo Wink

Ninja

Hang-tab, got it, Thanks for the info!

And I loved the Dreamcast Ecco! For a long time after it's release I truly believed it was the most beautiful game in existence. I remember my jaw hitting the floor the first time I jumped out of the water. Truly a gorgeous game. The gameplay was pretty great too, but it got extremely hard in the later levels. I never finished it for that reason, but I regret not sticking with it. I'll have to go back to it one day. Hopefully it'll be one of the DC games Sega re-releases on XBLA and PSN.

Jump to Forum: