Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
NeoGeoNinja
SSJ_Sonikku wrote:
Got some new games a couple of days ago. I got Street Fighter EX plus Alpha (JPN) and Street Fighter EX 2 plus...

LOVE...
the original SFEX+ for PS1. It wasn't as good as it's 2D counterparts, however, it was DEFINITELY cool and different enough in it's own right to exist. I liked it purely because it was simply trying to be SF in 3D - right down the blocky, polygonal 3D gfx - which I actually have always liked.

SFEX2+ just wasn't anywhere near as good imo. They removed characters I really liked, dramatically changed the style of game to something... well, pretty nasty. Music wasn't as good, stages not as good. GFX were improved BUT not for the better imo. Inclusion of EXSupers was cool, but not necessary. I think Sagat (my fave SF character) is best thing about that game. It certainly isn't Volcane Rosso or Shadow Geist...

STILL...
when you've given them a good go (from a fresh perspective?) I'd like to hear your thoughts. I've had these games since they were released, so I'm kinda stuck in my ways I guess Pfft

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

AngelaAsakura
Bought Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, Dissidia Final Fantasy, and the remake of the very first Final Fantasy game for the PSP. Mom talked me into getting all three since she's such a big FF fan. So far I'm really liking Crisis Core, though.
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
cthulhu
Been saving up some money for a while and finally had saved enough money to buy a new arcade game.
I've just bought Daemon Bride (with eX-BOARD)...can't wait to get my hands on this game as I've been wanting to play it for a while now.
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
cthulhu wrote:
Been saving up some money for a while and finally had saved enough money to buy a new arcade game.
I've just bought Daemon Bride (with eX-BOARD)...can't wait to get my hands on this game as I've been wanting to play it for a while now.

Very nice purchase Cthuhlu. Thumbs Up I've also been interested in Daemon Bride for quite a while but never had a chance to play it. I'm still hoping there might be a console version. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts about the game once you've had a chance to play it. It's pretty cool that you can also use the eX-BOARD like a console and hook it up to a TV.

I recently bought the excellent Contra Hard Corps Uprising (XBLA). Pretty tough game but I'm enjoying it a lot.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

cthulhu
Thanks.
I'm afraid that there will never be a console port, because the game apparently didn't do very well in the Japanese Arcades. It's going to be sent on monday and as soon as it arrives, I'll let you know how it is.
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Zakatek
Marvel vs Capcom 3, Samurai Shodown and KOF 94 (neo geo station) for ps3.

kgenthe
I've been wanting this for a while, finally got it:

farm6.static.flickr.com/5176/5520142389_8793915d45.jpg

(Mushihime-sama Futari)

http://www.implantgames.com
Supergrafx
And i've been waiting for these just as long if not longerMai

i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/magnus11/newgames002.jpg

SSV and SSV special completes my MVS collection plus now i have another couple of cave shooters to keep me busy while i'm away working.Mai

Murikov
Supergrafx wrote:
And i've been waiting for these just as long if not longer

SSV and SSV special completes my MVS collection plus now i have another couple of cave shooters to keep me busy while i'm away working.

Awesome purchases, SGX! Thumbs Up

Especially Samurai Shodown V Special would make my day like no other MVS title, in marked contrast to the AES version it's affordable after all.
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

merlin
Just bought Chaos Breaker (Dark Awake) today from the Japanese PSN store. Very exciting to finally have this game and it plays as great as I remember. The inventory system with loads of magical items is a very original idea in a fighter. I love all the characters but especially the elves Elion, Evetta and Fina. I actually preferred the arcade name Chaos Breaker to Dark Awake and also preferred the arcade sprites for Ramda and Sandra. Not sure why they changed things for this PSN release. Hmm Creating a Japanese PSN account, adding points and buying the game was all very easy. Does anyone else here have this game or is planning to buy it? Although I've heard that the netplay is pretty bad I'd still like to give it a try and see for myself. My PSN name is Nsidor111.

YouTube Video

Edited by merlin on 17. March 2011 19:21

STE C
I really like the look of that game merlin , I also have access to the Jap PS store but have not tried to actually buy a game to download how tricky is it.

merlin
It was very easy STE. You need a 1000 Yen PSN card. Just enter the code from that card while on the Japanese PSN store and it's easy to find the game and download it. You can buy a PSN card on ebay and they'll email the code to you.

http://shop.ebay....mp;_ipg=50

Dark Awake Official Site

Bullet
Its been a while but I figured I'd update you guys on what I've bought recently.

Raiden Project, excellent, love both games, but 2 is clearly better lol. I grabbed it off ebay, I still want to get Raiden DX but not sure if I think its worth the asking price.
MVC3 special edition, my friend got this and figured he'd prolly only play it with me, so he traded it to me for my regular edition so he could trade it in. Jill and Shuma for free, bonus!!!
Alpha Protocol, not a game I'd pay 60 bucks for, but brand new for 10 bucks at Futureshop and its clearly a go.
Front Mission Evolved, same thing basically, but I got this from play asia, they were clearing them out for 10 bucks, so me and a friend each grabbed a copy and split the shipping.
Dragon Age 2, never really liked the first game, but the demo intrigued me so I bought it, been enjoying it so far, despite it being a bit broken, but the characters and story more than make up for the occasional glitch or frame stutter.

@Merlin, oh I was totally thinking of another game when you asked me about Dark Awake, I have been thinking about getting it for a while actually and I do have a japan psn account, which gave me the Cathrine demo and Yakuza of the end demos, good times.
I'll also have to add you to my friends list.

i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/DSC05572.jpg
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

NeoGeoNinja
Bullet wrote:
Raiden Project, excellent, love both games, but 2 is clearly better lol. I grabbed it off ebay, I still want to get Raiden DX but not sure if I think its worth the asking price...

I ALSO HAVE...
all 3 - 1, 2 & DX and, I know it's a cliché but, DX is the best of the 3. I can't say whether it's worth the difference in price to yourself, but I don't regret buying it. Having the ability to select the in-game OST from Viper Phase 1 is also a more than nice bonus!

Yeah, on the surface... it's not much different to R2, but, the medal system really changes the way you approach the gameplay - strategically. The 'new' medal system makes the game more addictive imo. If you played it, you'd totally get what I mean! It really increases the replay value for me.

IS IT...
available in the US, or is it an import for you? I'll be honest... The Raiden Project is a GREAT compilation but I really do not like US 'long-boxes'. I much prefer CD size cases myself. UK Sega Saturn cases were long box-ish too... probably why I'm not keen on them either! What's your take? Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Bullet
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

IS IT...
available in the US, or is it an import for you? I'll be honest... The Raiden Project is a GREAT compilation but I really do not like US 'long-boxes'. I much prefer CD size cases myself. UK Sega Saturn cases were long box-ish too... probably why I'm not keen on them either! What's your take? Hmm

Ninja

Raiden DX is only available as an import from japan, it never had a US/Can release. I have the other Raiden games, like Raiden 3 on PS2 and Raiden Fighters Aces and Raiden 4 , both on 360, but DX is really a curiousity, so I'll prolly get it eventually.

As for the PS1 and Saturn long box style, I can see why people in Europe wouldn't like them, I always found the Saturn long boxes ugly looking, I feel the same way about the Dreamcast games cases, but they are a bit different here , more like a longer and thicker CD case.

I do like that style of case tho, when I pre ordered my Playstation and games,back in 95!!!, for some reason they just gave me the games when I paid for the pre order!!! so for almost a month I had Battle Arena Toshinden and a few other games and just had the games in my CD player listening to the music for the games, it was awesome lol and the cases and large booklets/manuals were great. Were they practical? hell no, but they remind me of a time when I was very excited about gaming, purely because you had no idea what to expect going into the PS1/Saturn generation.

Those cases remind me of awesome games , when I look at my collection of games and come to the long boxes from that era, its games like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Panzer 1 & 2 , Sega Rally, Sega Touring Car, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Ridge Racer, Raiden Project and yes even Toshinden, which I have a fondness for to this day and have pretty much all the games in the series, like Ni toshinden and Puzzle Arena Toshinden lol
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

STE C
Got 2 Xbox games on the way by Sega Panzer Dragoon Orta & Gun Valkryie .

RiKo
very nice Ste. i think you are doing what i did on Xbox and buying all the Sega games, to keep the spirit of the Dreamcast alive. you need Jet Set radio Future and Crazy Taxi 3 if you dont have those. i wouldnt bother with Sega GT though...trying to compete with Gran Turismo probably wasnt Sega's smartest move...
Edited by RiKo on 23. March 2011 22:43
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NEO-GEO man
Just bought 10 more Sega Master system games, and 7 more Mega Drive.

I got another Sonic 3 because i found one in perfect condition but with no box, and i had 2 boxes and only one cart, so now i have 2 full Sonic 3s

Got for Master system:
Psychic World
Rambo 3
Space Harrier
After Burner
Renegade
Master of Darkness
Dead Angle
Bomber Raid
Aztec adventure

For Mega Drive:
Earth Worm Jim
James Pond 2
Atomic Runner
After Burner 2
Desert Strike
Cyborg Justice

Havent had a chance to play them yet, alot of them ive never played, but i buy pretty much any games for those 2 consoles to add to my growing collection...

Ill see if i can get a pic or two... Smile

NEO-GEO man
Here is a couple pics, i havent sorted them out since about 6 purchases ago. I need abit bigger shelving for them all!! Sorry they are not real clear.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/Segagames4.jpg

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/Segagames5.jpg

merlin
@Bullet. Thanks for adding me on PSN and good to see you're also interested in the game. Will be good to test it out online sometime.

That's a great haul of Sega carts you got there Neo-Geo Man. I always particularly loved playing Aztec Adventure which is a game a lot of people seem to really dislike for some reason. James Pond 2 is a superb platformer. I've long been a fan of the James Pond series. The third game Operation Starfish is excellent too.

Bought Castle Crashers (360) a few days ago and I'm totally hooked! This game is amazing with a very appealing style of graphics, fun addictive gameplay, four player mode and loads of characters to choose from. The rpg elements such as leveling up your character and increasing your stats are a nice touch and there's a huge choice of weapons. There's a lot of variety between stages too so the game never feels repetitive. A must for any 360/PS3 owner. I'm already hoping for a sequel!

Jump to Forum: