Username
Password

Remember?
Click here to register.
Forgot Your Password?
Search:
September 19 2018

Navigation
· Home
· Reviews
· Kazuya's Neo Top 10
· In Depth FAQ's
· Downloads
· Web Links
· News Categories
· Image Gallery
· Official Wallpapers
· Fan Made Wallpapers

· NGFL Site Projects

· Neo Geo - The Console
· Neo Geo Pocket Handheld
· Articles

· SNK Jukebox
· NGFL Arcade

· Discussion Forum
· Chatroom
· Latest Comments
· Xbox Live Leaderboard
· NGFL World Map

· Contact Me
· Site FAQ's
· Search Site

· Submit News
· Submit Link
· Submit Article
· Submit a Photo
· Submit Download

Random Review
2020 Super Baseball

Users Online
· Guests Online: 2

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,351
· Newest Member: tomhilde

Last Seen Users
Supergrafx08:15:21
Murikov10:08:20
cthulhu 3 days
NeoStrayCat 5 days
RiKo 6 days
dhowerter 1 week
Raiken 1 week
fmj72583 2 weeks
rcantor77 3 weeks
Atomduck 3 weeks

Ad

Support Us!
Donate To Us!
Enter an amount to donate:
¤

Why Donate?

Game events
Latest scores
NeoStrayCat
scored 193 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 523 points in
Snow Bowling
Snow Bowling
Henke
scored 172 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 28725 points in
Heli Boarding
Heli Boarding

Latest champions
Henke
is the new champion in
Snow Bowling with 523 points
Snow Bowling
Henke
is the new champion in
Heli Boarding with 28725 points
Heli Boarding
Henke
is the new champion in
Donkey Kong with 24900 points
Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter


Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
SSJ_Sonikku
I've gotten a bunch of games from the past few months.

I got the following:

Nights into Dreams (Saturn JPN)
Asuka 120% Burning Fest. Limited (Saturn JPN)
The Honoo no Kakutou Banchou (PS2 JPN)
Sakigake! Otokojuku (PS2 JPN)
Melty Blood Actress Again (PS2 JPN)

I've been having fun playing MBAA, this is a very solid 2D fighter. It is tough, but I'm getting used to Nights gameplay.
 
rbelmonte171
went to game stop to pre-order Castlevania and just got a copy of Halo Reach.....very good game so far
 
reelmojo
It was a while ago now but I picked up a collection for the 360 that includes Geometry Wars 2, Lumines Live, and Bomberman Live. I got it used for $5 and got extremely lucky that the download code for Ms. Pacman was still inside! Free Ms. Pacman is always a good thing. As for the other games, I really don't like Lumines at all. Bomberman is good fun, especially with friends but unfortunately it's impossible to find a match online. But Geometry Wars 2 is GODLY! I can just sit there and play it for hours on end and completely lose track of time. I played it in multiplayer over the weekend and that was amazing too! I'd like to have more people on my friends list who have it so I have more people to compete against though, so if you have GW2 add me! My gamertag is Caleb Kinkaid.
 
Midian
Ys Seven, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories, Shank. Really have to screw around with my firmware on my PSP, I can only play the downloaded versions of Ys Seven and Birth By Sleep. Grin

For those who haven't played it yet, Shank is a really fun title for PSN/Xbox Live. It's pretty short, but it's worth the money imo and it has a multiplayer campaign that is totally different from the story mode.

Also played the Quantum Theory demo which I liked a lot.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif
 
RiKo
Nice purchases Midian Thumbs Up

Mojo wrote :- But Geometry Wars 2 is GODLY!


haha yes its awesome! Fast Striker actually steals the bonus multiplier system from that i think. i love GW2 too! i have the first one which seems a bit differnet but still good though i havent played it really.



I just got the Special Edition of Bioshock 2 for my 360. i think its prob a good game but i will admit i did just buy it cos it looked pretty cool Grin love the vinyl LP, fits in well with the 1940's art deco stylings.

BioShock 2: Special Collector's Edition contents:

# BioShock 2 game
# 12" vinyl LP with BioShock orchestral score
# Audio CD with BioShock 2 orchestral score
# 3 vintage Rapture advertisement posters (rolled)
# BioShock 2 164-page hardback artbook

images.play.com/banners/content/BioShock-2-Special-Edition.jpg
Edited by RiKo on 17. September 2010 19:36
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
That special collector's edition looks nice RiKo. I've never bought any limited editions before. How are you getting on with the game so far? I've heard a lot of good things about the first game and still need to get that myself.

Due to financial constraints it's been quite a while since I bought anything. Yesterday though I bought this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.c...0590610957

Although I've played the game a lot on Mame and also on the SNES it's a dream come true to actually own the original. One of my most exciting game purchases ever. Seeing as I still don't have a cab I'm going to have to use my rather crappy supergun for the time being. Definitely planning to buy a few more CPS-1 games in the future.

Edit: Just bought another 2 PGM carts - Puzzli 2 Super and Oriental Legend Super. Headbang

Magic Sword arrived. It's in excellent condition and works perfectly. Grin

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/100_1570.jpg
Edited by merlin on 19. October 2010 13:39
 
TF73
Just recently bought KOF Skystage and Metal Slug 3 on Live. Also ordered Vanquish LE and Phantasy Star 2 for PSP. Really looking forward to getting my hands on Vanquish!!
 
AngelaAsakura
Just bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I was amazed that mom agreed so easily to letting me buy it. Grin
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
NeoGeoNinja
AngelaAsakura wrote:
Just bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I was amazed that mom agreed so easily to letting me buy it. Grin

COOOOL...
what did you get it for? PS1?
If so... how much, if you don't mind my asking?? It didn't cost $324 did it??!! Shock Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg
 
priest
Merlin: Magic sword is a top title, and like you say the PCB looks to be in great (clean) conditionThumbs Up

I see into the future....Yep I see a clear image of Angela selling Castlevania sotn at a ridiculously high price to some guy that doesn´t know better...Yea thats a possibility at leastSmile
Edited by priest on 28. October 2010 21:40
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"
 
http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
TF73
Today I bought Blaz Blue CT LE. Have only tried it online so far but was beaten like a little kid every time by veterans. Looking forward to getting into this fighter.
 
candycab
Fallout new Vegas Collectors Edition PS3 $80.00

Got it a few days back after pre-ordering from Amazon.

Got about 30 hours in it so far

Feels like a tweaked add-on for F3 , which is definitely not a bad thing imho Smile

Love the art work on the poker chips and playing cards but the hard bound Dark Horse comic though very nice quality wise is pretty lame since there is so little to the back story it really seems pointless to have it in the set.
Edited by candycab on 29. October 2010 03:46
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr


"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim
 
AngelaAsakura
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
COOOOL...
what did you get it for? PS1?
If so... how much, if you don't mind my asking?? It didn't cost $324 did it??!! Shock Grin

Ninja




Yeah. PS1. The Saturn version is IMPOSSIBLE to find. And it was $30. Not a bad deal, really. Grin





priest wrote:
I see into the future....Yep I see a clear image of Angela selling Castlevania sotn at a ridiculously high price to some guy that doesn´t know better...Yea thats a possibility at leastSmile



LOL No way. When I buy a game, I buy it for keeps. And even if I did sell it, I would probably spend a while checking ebay listings over and over again to make sure that I didn't list it at the wrong price.





Anyway, went out to Best Buy and found a copy of a Special Edition of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow that included an Artbook and Soundtrack CD with it for $80. And I just HAD to get it, even though I don't have a PS3 yet...
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
candycab
merlin wrote:
That special collector's edition looks nice RiKo. I've never bought any limited editions before. How are you getting on with the game so far? I've heard a lot of good things about the first game and still need to get that myself.

Due to financial constraints it's been quite a while since I bought anything. Yesterday though I bought this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.c...0590610957

Although I've played the game a lot on Mame and also on the SNES it's a dream come true to actually own the original. One of my most exciting game purchases ever. Seeing as I still don't have a cab I'm going to have to use my rather crappy supergun for the time being. Definitely planning to buy a few more CPS-1 games in the future.

Edit: Just bought another 2 PGM carts - Puzzli 2 Super and Oriental Legend Super. Headbang

Magic Sword arrived. It's in excellent condition and works perfectly. Grin

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/100_1570.jpg



You sir have Excellent taste in games/hardware Smile only thing I have bought in the last year or so is a midway Sound board for Spy Hunter... Whoever engineered early Midway hardware should be shot, especially when it comes to Spy Hunter and Xenophobe ... Such a nightmare to keep running properly.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr


"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim
 
NeoGeoNinja
AngelaAsakura wrote:
Yeah. PS1. The Saturn version is IMPOSSIBLE to find. And it was $30. Not a bad deal, really. Grin

THIRTY DOLLARS?...
That's a bargain! I'm sure you'll get MORE than your money's worth Wink

Is there a US version of the Saturn release? if so, I never knew! Hmm

AngelaAsakura wrote:
Anyway, went out to Best Buy and found a copy of a Special Edition of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow that included an Artbook and Soundtrack CD with it for $80. And I just HAD to get it, even though I don't have a PS3 yet...

I DOWNLOADED...
the demo the other day, but haven't tried it yet! Have you played the game yet? $80 is quite the outlay if not!! Shock

OH... and I'm glad to see you went for the PS3 version Wink

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 29. October 2010 12:48
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg
 
merlin
Thanks Priest and Candycab. Good to see you appreciate classic games like Magic Sword. That's pretty cool that you have Spy Hunter Candycab I'm huge fan of that one and in fact some of my earliest gaming memories were playing that game. Still a lot of fun to play today.

I also recently bought an XBOX 360 hard drive and some XBLA games: Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Final Fight Double Impact, After Burner Climax and Outrun Online Arcade.

In addition to the two I already mentioned I also picked up another 3 PGM carts: Knights of Valour Plus, Knights of Valour 2 Nine Dragons and Spectral Vs Generation. Very pleased to finally find SVG because the cart seems quite rare.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/100_1643.jpg
 
NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:
I also recently bought an XBOX 360 hard drive and some XBLA games: Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Final Fight Double Impact, After Burner Climax and Outrun Online Arcade.

In addition to the two I already mentioned I also picked up another 3 PGM carts: Knights of Valour Plus, Knights of Valour 2 Nine Dragons and Spectral Vs Generation. Very pleased to finally find SVG because the cart seems quite rare...


NICE PURCHASES MERLIN Thumbs Up
I also have OutRun & After Burner for PS3. They're both exceptional games - especially After Burner. With the volume up, lights down and set to the original After Burner 2 OST... well, the spine tingle factor is near unrivalled! I also wanted 'Double Impact'... but couldn't justify the amount, whilst already having FFight and Magic Sword on many various platforms.

AS FOR THE PGM CARTS...
can't comment on the Knights of Valour games, however I can comment on the SVG one... but I won't! LOL

As you were expecting, I hope it's at least a little better than the PS2 version... Pray

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg
 
AngelaAsakura
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Is there a US version of the Saturn release? if so, I never knew! Hmm



To my knowledge, the Saturn version is Japan-only. If there IS a US version out there somewhere, it'll be news to me too!




NeoGeoNinja wrote:I DOWNLOADED...
the demo the other day, but haven't tried it yet! Have you played the game yet? $80 is quite the outlay if not!! Shock

OH... and I'm glad to see you went for the PS3 version Wink



Nope. Haven't played it yet. Got no way of downloading the demo. Heck, I didn't even watch the freakin' trailer untill AFTER I got the game! I was just attracted to it by the cover art and the fact that it came with all those goodies. Rather foolish, I know. Oh well. :X


And wow, there was another version besides the PS3 one? Sheesh, goes to show ya how out of the loop I am when it comes to the latest games...


But I have to admit, judging from the trailer, it looks like the kind of game that I've been waiting for YEARS for! I'm trying not to get too excited out of fear of being disappointed in the end, but man, does it ever look INCREDIBLE! Grin
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 31. October 2010 04:04
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
NeoGeoNinja
AngelaAsakura wrote:
To my knowledge, the Saturn version is Japan-only. If there IS a US version out there somewhere, it'll be news to me too!

YEAH...
that's what I thought. It's good to be surprised though sometimes! Smile

AngelaAsakura wrote:
Nope. Haven't played it yet. Got no way of downloading the demo. Heck, I didn't even watch the freakin' trailer untill AFTER I got the game! I was just attracted to it by the cover art and the fact that it came with all those goodies. Rather foolish, I know. Oh well. :X

And wow, there was another version besides the PS3 one? Sheesh, goes to show ya how out of the loop I am when it comes to the latest games...

But I have to admit, judging from the trailer, it looks like the kind of game that I've been waiting for YEARS for! I'm trying not to get too excited out of fear of being disappointed in the end, but man, does it ever look INCREDIBLE! Grin

WELL, I FINALLY...
sat down and played the demo. The game seems quite good! As a modern videogame offering, it definitely peaked some interest in me. This was DEFINITELY down to the marriage of God of Wars' gameplay (not like God of War, but an actual rip-off!) and the CastleVania universe. I LOVE both franchises sooo... yeah, it well works for me. Grin

It is a bit shameless in it's GOW doppleganging, but it's seemed pretty good in it's own right overall! Wink

AS FOR MY PS3...
related comment, yeah, I believe that Lords of Shadow came out on 360 too. It's just interesting (and cool!) that out of the two, with the PS3 being less popular overall, you opted for the PS3 > 360 version WITHOUT owning either console yet!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg
 
AngelaAsakura
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
WELL, I FINALLY...
sat down and played the demo. The game seems quite good! As a modern videogame offering, it definitely peaked some interest in me. This was DEFINITELY down to the marriage of God of Wars' gameplay (not like God of War, but an actual rip-off!) and the CastleVania universe. I LOVE both franchises sooo... yeah, it well works for me. Grin

It is a bit shameless in it's GOW doppleganging, but it's seemed pretty good in it's own right overall! Wink

AS FOR MY PS3...
related comment, yeah, I believe that Lords of Shadow came out on 360 too. It's just interesting (and cool!) that out of the two, with the PS3 being less popular overall, you opted for the PS3 > 360 version WITHOUT owning either console yet!

Ninja



Well, I've never played God of War, so I dunno what that's like, sadly. *Runs off to watch a gameplay video*


And I decided to go with the PS3 because it seems like it has a slightly better game library so far (and admittedly, I've found that I've ALWAYS been magnetically drawn to stuff that is less popular among the masses even without knowing that it is beforehand). And I like the look of the console a bit more than the 360. And to top it off, I've heard numerous horror stories about how the 360 dies on you after a measly year or less of use! I dunno, if I'm gonna buy a game console, I'd rather not have it kick the bucket on me after such a short span of time.

And come to think of it, why IS the PS3 less popular anyway? I don't see anything wrong with it. Hmm
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 31. October 2010 17:40
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
Jump to Forum:

  Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
The King of Fighters XII - Game of the Month Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 5 13. September 2018 11:27
Bought a new NEO GEO game? - tell us about it here Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 544 07. July 2018 21:16
Samurai Shodown: Sen - Game of the Month Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 6 28. May 2018 06:34
Super Sidekicks 2 - Game of the Week Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 10 26. April 2018 07:02
RAZION - Game of the Month Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 5 25. April 2018 06:35