Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 87
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Recent game purchases
candycab
Who's been buying what ? Grin

Today I grabbed Viewtiful Joe 2 for the PS2 for $7.99 new

Also picked up Suzuki TT Superbikes for $14.99 new

I had been eyeballing the Suzuki game for some time now and passed it up a few times, Im glad I bought it now that Ive played it.

Its actually very good, which was a pleasant suprise, has a great sense of speed and good physics, plenty of things to unlock, all the different bike classes raced at the Isle of Man and what I would consider a great recreation of the course in terms of realism. All the elevation changes and bumps seem to be in the right spots.

A solid buy for anyone into bike and car stuff Wink

Havn't played Viewtiful 2 yet, hope its a tad easier than the first one Smile

Anyone else get any thing new lately ?
Edited by candycab on 13. January 2007 17:05

Circa2113
Mr. Driller 2 PCB Cool

Kazuya_UK
Nice classic game there Circa Grin

I never did complete Viewtiful Joe 2, but I finished the first one. I loved it to pieces, but I will say this - the final boss in VJ1 had me swearing like mad until I finally beat him. Not sure how 2 compares difficulty wise though...

I am going to buy Tales of Eternia for the PSP soon, as I would like a portable RPG, and that looks to be a good one. Suko's website persuaded me that I should give the series a try as I have never played it before, so thanks suko/a745 for convincing me to spend more money! Wink I can pick it up cheap 2nd hand though, so it's all good!

Might grab Capcom Classics 2 as well!

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Mitch The Zombie
I've just got Resident Evil again on the Game Cube, man this game is still cool Grin
Edited by Mitch The Zombie on 17. January 2007 19:33
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/MitchMF/PDVD_000.jpg

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
But for me... it was Tuesday.

Circa2113
Bought a PCengine with some games from D-Lite over at N-G.com Grin

Raiken
Got Wario Ware Smooth Moves for Wii. It's friggin awesome Smile
oi39.tinypic.com/2mzw2rs.jpg

candycab
Mitch The Zombie wrote:
I've just got Resident Evil again on the Game Cube, man this game is still cool Grin

That is bye far the best graphical presentation of any of the RE games inho, the lightning flashes while in the main hall of the mansion is extremely cool.

NEO GEO DRAGON
picked up Yakuza for 10 from GAME and my mate sold me his Gears of war for 20, very enjoyable in 2 player co-op mode but the last boss Raam was disappointing.

Kazuya_UK
candycab wrote:
Mitch The Zombie wrote:

That is bye far the best graphical presentation of any of the RE games inho, the lightning flashes while in the main hall of the mansion is extremely cool.

I would agree as some parts of RE1 on the Cube look amazing, but I think overall Resident Evil 4 is the most impressive, especially as it is all real time and not pre-rendered. RE4 is just incredible anyway Smile

Kaz

edit: I stickied this post, might as well keep it bumped Smile
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 18. January 2007 13:03

Mitch The Zombie

I would agree as some parts of RE1 on the Cube look amazing, but I think overall Resident Evil 4 is the most impressive, especially as it is all real time and not pre-rendered. RE4 is just incredible anyway Smile

Kaz

Ahh hell yes I'm gonna buy that little bugger again at the weekend Grin
It's the one recent game that's kept me playing it time & time again after I completed it. I'm having a big Zombie jones at the mo (you'd never guess would ya :eh: )

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.

Klarkus
Last game I brought was Fight Night R3 but im going down town tomorrow to try and grab NGBC, KoF2k? and probably PREY or FEAR
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

phry
Just got Blazing Star for the MVS and Lost Planet Collector's Edition for the 360 (Woolworth's were doing special edition for same price as regular).

So much for being conservative with my spending! Wink

candycab
Kazuya_UK wrote:
candycab wrote:
Mitch The Zombie wrote:

Kaz

edit: I stickied this post, might as well keep it bumped Smile

I feel that RE4 is somewhat tarnished bye being called an RE game since to me the fun factor is easilly better than any RE game ever made and not just another souped up point and click adventure like all the other games.

Call me crazy but I find the majority of RE games to be on about the same level as Madden, since conceptually theyve never been much more than the same crap different year with no real improvments.

Whooo Hoo another key hunt .. Yaaaa Roll Eyes :(
Edited by candycab on 20. January 2007 22:55

Circa2113
phry wrote:
Just got Blazing Star for the MVS

Nice, one of my favorites. Thumbs Up

How are you liking it so far?

phry
Nice, one of my favorites. smiley

It hasn't turned up in the post yet - but I've played it many times on emu and it's one of my favourites too. I just think that it plays so well and has a decent difficulty curve - though the final boss does kinda look a bit silly Wink Graphically, I still find it to be very impressive and I like the soundtrack despite the many cries of "BONUS!". Very addictive game! Grin

I'm just upset that I lost out on an eBay bid for Shock Troopers, which is also one of my favourites. I was distracted away from my pc only to rush back on to realise that the auction ended a minute before (and at a price much lower than I'd be willing to pay). Needless to say, the only phrase to enter my mind was nooooooooooooooooooo! Shock

candycab
Circa2113 wrote:
phry wrote:

Definitly the cream of the crop I think Wink

I just grabbed Burnout Revenge PS2 and its actually pretty fun, though I have to say it feels very much like every other EA racer made in the last several years, which isnt really all that good of a thing... A bit too atcadish too play for long periods of time, no real driving challenge at all for the most part.

When you can keep the throtle hammered and just bounce off of things and still win it gets sort of pointless, still the destruction is fun atleast in short doses Thumbs Up
Edited by candycab on 21. January 2007 11:53

Kazuya_UK
candycab wrote:
Circa2113 wrote:
phry wrote:

Definitly the cream of the crop I think Wink

I just grabbed Burnout Revenge PS2 and its actually pretty fun, though I have to say it feels very much like every other EA racer made in the last several years, which isnt really all that good of a thing... A bit too atcadish too play for long periods of time, no real driving challenge at all for the most part.

When you can keep the throtle hammered and just bounce off of things and still win it gets sort of pointless, still the destruction is fun atleast in short doses Thumbs Up

Multiplayer is a lot of fun too if you get the chance! Smile

Kaz

Circa2113
Sending payment for a ESPra.de. PCB later today. Shock Cool

Mitch The Zombie
ooooooh candycab your comments hurt my delicate zombie loving self Wink

but It's good to see people's different views tho.............even if they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong

JK Pfft
Edited by Mitch The Zombie on 22. January 2007 10:45

candycab
Mitch The Zombie wrote:
ooooooh candycab your comments hurt my delicate zombie loving self Wink

but It's good to see people's different views tho.............even if they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong

JK Pfft

Grin :twisted: Grin

Jump to Forum: