Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kurisu
Thread ID: 841
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4983 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello Fellow Neo-Geo'ers
Kurisu
Hi I am a mature collector of Retro consoles and games. My wife borught me an AES for my birthday (it was my dream but could never afford one when younger). I spend most of my money on retro gaming and have already got 12 AES carts including a Neo Mr Do! conversion, Last Resort, KoF 99 and Samurai Shodown 2. My favourite cart so far is Magician Lord. I have a huge collection of consoles and games, concentrating (up to now) on Jap Dreamcast and Saturn shooters and quirky stuff. I am currently teaching myself Japanese and am getting much more from the games as a result. I get most of my stuff from Videogameimports.com. I love my AES and regret missing out for so long. Hopefully may chat with some of you about shared interests. May need some help as new to the subject and my AES came without instructions! Any other "antique" gamers out there in Neo-land?
Edited by Kurisu on 29. March 2008 21:35

boogiepop
Hi and welcome to the forums! Smile
I think you'll find that there's quite a few individuals here who have a passion for antique video game stuff. As for myself, while I no longer own one, the Commodore 64 will always hold my most precious gaming-related memories. Archon how I miss thee.
And we'd be pleased to answer any questions you've got so ask away!
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

priest
Hi, Poddy Smile

When I spend my "hard earned" these days its retro games that I go for. I generally don´t enjoy the newer games (with some exceptions) like I enjoy the older ones.

My "career" in gaming began with Intellivision and after that I have owned/own most consoles.

Besides consoles I also own a few Arcade machines in which I play classics like "Yie ar kung fu" And my all-time favorite "Gunsmoke"

I hope you feel welcome and you know the phrase "We have a new visitor Stay a while, stay foreeever!" Wink
Edited by priest on 15. March 2008 21:30
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Kazuya_UK
Welcome! Smile

I'm 27 and have been gaming since the Atari 2600 days, and I've owned lots of stuff from the Amstrad CPC, NES, SNES, Mega Drive and all the way to more recent systems and the current gen (360 etc). I still go back and play much older stuff though, in fact just the other day while having a good tidy up I was thinking about getting the Amiga 1200 out (I still have one with a HD installed too!) I have way too many consoles and stuff hanging around here Smile

If you need any help at all with anything Neo related (or otherwise) feel free to ask and we'll try to help! Thumbs Up

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Kurisu
Thanks all for your welcoming messages

merlin
Hi Poddy. Welcome to the site. Smile You've got some very nice games in your collection already. Magician Lord is one of my personal favourites as well. Like you I also bought quite a few AES titles from Videogameimports.com and would definitely recommend them to anyone. They certainly are a good source of hard to find titles anyway. I hope you enjoy your time here at NGFL.

Shiny
Welcome Poddy! Smile Me, I'm 30, been playing ever since I was old enough to type Load "" Wink

I used to use videogameimports.com, Lee was always very helpful, but then I found http://www.neoamu.... They're much much cheaper and equally reliable... Even cheaper through eBay, they have a store there too.

garu21
WELCOME HOPE YOU ENJOY THE FORUMS Smile Thumbs Up
[img][/img]

Kurisu
Thanks for all responses so far. It's nice to be made so welcome.

I have tried other mail order companies, but for a combination of personal service, quality of carts, ease of ordering, delivery times and reliability (next day if ordered before 3pm), and just going that extra mile, I haven't found one to beat Lee at Videogameimports.com. Yes they are not as cheap perhaps, but to me that is not everything. Who does everyone else use?

Arigato!
Kurisu (ex Poddy)

tony starks
Welcome dude. It's intresting to know that you are learning Japanese, I would love to learn Japanese also, maybe oneday. I personally do not own any new gen systems and have no intention of owning any for the time being. I am more of a retro kid like yourself. I get my neo stuff mostly from Ebay and the NeoGeo.com selling forums. Which I recommend you join if you can take teh drama.

HBD NGFL.

Starks out.

Kazuya_UK
I've always got my Neo Geo stuff from Ebay also, and occasionally trades/buys from neo-geo.com and one or two people here. There was a place in NYC that I used to use too but I can't remember their name, don't think they do MVS anymore but they used to have some brilliant deals back in the day (like AOF3 full MVS kit for $40-ish). Another place that used to be amazing, but not sure it still exists, was cosmic in Hong Kong. Shipping was always expensive but their games were unbelievably cheap. They carried a few bootlegs but were always very honest about them, and myself and a few other Neo-Geo.com members did some mass orders from them at one time, it's where I got the Matrimelee kit I had from. Could always email them and ask for the latest list if you fancy trying them, but be wanred shipping is too much to make it worth it if you aren't ordering a few carts, and beware import tax!

http://home.netvi...~cosmicco/

videogameimports was always very cool in my experience too! Thumbs Up

Kaz

ROBOTRON
Greetings, humanoid. Welcome to NG4life. Good to see another senior citizen here at the site. I'm younger than you, certainly older than the average Neo-Geo gamer here.
img213.imageshack.us/img213/7476/01hw6.gif
Fight Like A Robot!

http://www.freewebs.com/robotron
Kurisu
Robotron, are you a relative of Berzerk? Spooky you replied as I was only playing Robotron only my Atari Lynx yesterday!! There are more Geriartric Gamers out there than you may think. I bought my first console in 1979 aged 21, following playing Pong, Space Invaders etc at the pub with my mates. The hook has never left me. That first console was an Atari VCS that set me back £129.99 new! However I have never been excited as I was this birthday when the family clubbed together to get me my AES, some games and a Hornby digital train set. Absolutely unbelievable, with my AES being amongst my most prized possessions. I was just like a kid all over again.

ROBOTRON
Kurisu no Poddy wrote:
Robotron, are you a relative of Berzerk? Spooky you replied as I was only playing Robotron only my Atari Lynx yesterday!! There are more Geriartric Gamers out there than you may think. I bought my first console in 1979 aged 21, following playing Pong, Space Invaders etc at the pub with my mates. The hook has never left me. That first console was an Atari VCS that set me back £129.99 new! However I have never been excited as I was this birthday when the family clubbed together to get me my AES, some games and a Hornby digital train set. Absolutely unbelievable, with my AES being amongst my most prized possessions. I was just like a kid all over again.

GOD...you sound a lot like me, mate.
img213.imageshack.us/img213/7476/01hw6.gif
Fight Like A Robot!

http://www.freewebs.com/robotron
boogiepop
Train set?.... Holy smokes you are old. LOL
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Kurisu
Indeed I am positively ancient, but think of all the experience I have. I've played all this stuff the first time round, then the second and now the third! How many of you remember playing the original PONG in a pub alongside Ray Wilkins, ex of Chelsea and England fame?

Kazuya_UK
LOL nice. How did you end up playing Ray Wilkins? Smile

Kaz

Kurisu
Kaz,
He used to go to the same pub on Epsom Downs that me and my mates used to go to. He didn't actually play PONG, but was standing next to us when we played! Love the Forum by the way. Well done!

Jump to Forum: