Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 804
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2628 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
kaillera - any good?
boogiepop
Okay, so I'm convinced that I will NEVER get to really enjoy a fighter with anyone I know. So I want to know, how is "kaillera?" Do any of you guys use it? Thanks in advance guys.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Kazuya_UK
I used to use it against a friend in the states (stayed up all night to play him at times) and it was very slow for us, but still enjoyable. I tried it with a few people in the UK and it wasn't too bad, but a while after that it started crashing out on me all the time. Haven't tied it recently, but wouldn't mind having a blast at some point if you or anyone else fancies it? Would probablt be slow considering how far we are away from each other Smile

Shoot em ups and stuff might be more playable than fighting games however.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
boogiepop
Well, I just found this and it's supposed to be better but there aren't many games (Kof 98 and SF Alpha 2 though!). I didn't even think of it before but I'm going to have to order a ps2 to usb converter.
http://ggpo.net/b...

There have been reports of decent games across the Atlantic too so I'd be totally down for doing this if you are too Kaz. Maybe we should try and set up a time to test this or kaillera out.
Edited by boogiepop on 26. February 2008 19:05

boogiepop
Is anyone interested in playing a few games over kaillera either today or tomorrow? Send me a pm so we can hook up.

boogiepop
Nobody??
I just got my ps2 to usb adaptor in and I'm itching to give it a go. I tried a few games on on UK-based servers (played by my lonesome self) to see how well they ran. The only games I had trouble with were Street Fighter Alpha 2 and KoF 98 because the name is too long apparently.
Anyway, Breaker's Revenge worked surprisingly well and Fatal Fury Special and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo ran pretty smooth as well.
C'mon guys, let's game!!

Kazuya_UK
Can't believe no-one else has replied at all - I'll play you again next time we're both around although I'll have to sort out teh romz as I don't really have all that many.

Come on, anyone else??? Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
cthulhu
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Can't believe no-one else has replied at all - I'll play you again next time we're both around although I'll have to sort out teh romz as I don't really have all that many.

Come on, anyone else??? Smile

Kaz

I'd like to, but I don't know how the damned program works, what to do and with what versions of MAME32 it works, maybe it works with Kawaks???
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

boogiepop
I'm really not sure how anything other than Final Burn Alpha works which is what me and Kaz have used. I wouldn't be surprised if it works fine using different emulators if the roms are the same. FBA and Mame use the same I think.

Oh yeah, and I'm going to have lunch right now but after that I'm going to try staying on for a few hours to see if anyone is interested in gaming.
Edited by boogiepop on 05. March 2008 16:21

cthulhu
boogiepop wrote:
I'm really not sure how anything other than Final Burn Alpha works which is what me and Kaz have used. I wouldn't be surprised if it works fine using different emulators if the roms are the same. FBA and Mame use the same I think.

Oh yeah, and I'm going to have lunch right now but after that I'm going to try staying on for a few hours to see if anyone is interested in gaming.

I also have final burn alpha, so I might try and see if it works for me...I have to admit that I'm a bit of a nitwit when it comes to playing online games so I can't promise it'll work for me.
My arcade stuff

cthulhu
Got it to work with Kawaks and tested Garou Mark of the Wolves on a UK server and it worked pretty good, so if anyone want to play a game sometimes...let me know which server to use.
My arcade stuff

boogiepop
I just tried a game online and apparently you both have to be using the same emulator for it to work. I'd love to play Garou with you but a game that recent would probably give us killer lag given the distance between us.

Jump to Forum: