Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 761
Thread Info
There are 19 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4285 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bleach: Blade of Fate
boogiepop
Has anyone here tried this title? I've never seen the anime nor read the manga but what I do know is it's a ds fighter that allows for online play (and how many of those are there?). I'd definitely consider picking it up if some of you guys would be interesting in testing out the online battles.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

DestronPrime
Yeah, the Bleach games are ace, also Heat the Soul is sexcellent.

Kurisu
Got Bleach today for the DS and it looks superb. A real old-school 2D fighter. All the reviews posted on Gamefaqs like the game, and say the translation is very close to the Jap version that got rave reviews. So I would buy it, especially as it is virtually unique amongst DS games (apart from Guilty Gear).
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

boogiepop
Cool man! I almost parted with my copy recently simply due to the thumb pain I was getting playing.
Lemme know if you want to take it online.Smile

Kurisu
The important thing we forgot to mention is that the game was developed by those gods at Treasure! That's a reason in itself to get it!!
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

Goemon
Kurisu wrote:
The important thing we forgot to mention is that the game was developed by those gods at Treasure! That's a reason in itself to get it!!

Indeed!

This is near the top of my DS list. I'm not even a fan of the anime, but i need to atleast give it a try, considering... Treasure Smile
Edited by Goemon on 13. April 2008 08:09
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Wild Tengu
Bleach is a god awful series, but this game is actually a very good fighter.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
Kurisu
Goemon, Buy Bleach with confidence!!

Kurisu
Right, I have given this a good bashing now and can confirm it has the following;

Weapons based 2D fighting
Good colourful characters
Nice music and fx
Loads of speech
Sprite scaling like SS2
Long game rounds
Tons of options and modes

AND ITS BY TREASURE!!

It puts a lot of full size fighters to shame.

Goemon
^ From all the vids. i've seen, the fighting system reminds me of guitly gear, do you feel it's similar to GG Kurisu?
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

boogiepop
Yes and no. The pacing and air combos are guilty gear inspired but the controls play much more like the Yu Yu Hakusho Megadrive game or even Mortal Kombat for the matter.
I'm thinking of selling my copy again. I just don't dig the thumb pain. It is a quality title though.

Kurisu
Yeah there are similarities with the Guilty Gear series, but enough differences to make it a "genre" in its own right.

boogiepop
http://www.youtub...WLWKUU7WUo
If you haven't seen this before Kurisu, you may find it interesting. Note the developer.

Raiken
I might pick this up myself. Although Bleach Heat the Soul 5 is coming too...
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Kurisu
Now Boogs that really is interesting...thanks. It's a Treasure Game, hence the similarities...me gotta get it. Trasure can do no wrong!

DestronPrime
Arr HTS... I've always wanted on of them, but because of how much better each come after one another if I miss my chance I might as well wait.

Raiken
DestronPrime wrote:
Arr HTS... I've always wanted on of them, but because of how much better each come after one another if I miss my chance I might as well wait.

Yeah. I really hope they stop at 5. The games do get better each time imo but they're making way too many of them.

Apparently the english version of Blade of Fate actually has game balance tweaks and is a major improvement. Only problem is you have to deal with the god-awful english dubs Roll Eyes I'm probably gonna pass up this game for Heat the Soul 5 after all.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

DestronPrime
I actually don't mind the dubs for Bleach, but they definately coulda been better. I'll have to check that game though...

DestronPrime
PO'd Dark Souls! :D
"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Jump to Forum: