Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 744
Thread Info
There are 28 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 13691 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Nam 1975 (past GotW thread)
LIFE_IN_2D
RiKo wrote:

I really like this too. I'm actually trying to get hold of a copy without the marker pen on the cover at this very moment.

Very hard to find a game without a desecrated cover. My cover is clear of pen marks, but my manual is fucked. I tried to remove the black marks on the manual with a substance call "Goo Gone". This product was recommended by somebody at NG.COM and it did more harm than good to my manual. Oh well, fuck it.

Any ways, this game is really funny, cheesey and over the top. I love it and like to fire it up for some good laughs. The "Full Metal Jacket" references, on their own, are worth playing this.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NEO-GEO man
Both my manuals have black pen too, but ive got two clean inserts.

RiKo
Neo-Geo Man wrote:- I first saw it at a friend's home in 91, in Australia, NAM 1975 was included with all consoles for just $100, which was really cheap for a game here so ive not know of anyone back then not taking that deal.

I'm impressed you had a friend with a Neo Geo. I knew of one person out of everyone I knew at school and in my area who had one. I think it's safe to say Neo Geo's were very rare in the UK back then.

LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Very hard to find a game without a desecrated cover. My cover is clear of pen marks, but my manual is fucked. I tried to remove the black marks on the manual with a substance call "Goo Gone". This product was recommended by somebody at NG.COM and it did more harm than good to my manual. Oh well, fuck it.

Damn that guy with the marker pen...and the guy who scratches the gold lettering off Neo Geo controllers. I hate them both Angry

I've ordered one without the marker pen but it cost me £30 more than the marker pen versions. All copies of 'Nam seem expensive now. When I got my original Nam it was dirt cheap for a Neo Geo game.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NEO-GEO man
It was a very very rare console here too, i remember this guy being first to get his, then i got one a few months later, and a couple other mates got one each as well.

There were a couple other kids that claimed they had one or their brother did or their uncle did, but none of them could back it up. Id say there was only the 4 of us in that school that actually did own one!

Sensi
The first time I saw a Neo-Geo, it was at a local video library. It played Fatal Fury and NAM-1975. Impressive stuff when you were accustomed to (S)NES.
Nobody in the neighborhood had a Neo-Geo and the arcade was too far away.

I bought NAM-1975 in 2008 for $15. Checked the contents yesterday; inside box is damaged/broken, but cartridge, manual and box are mint. Can't remember if the box was damaged when I puchased it, but picking it up this cheap, I can't complain.

Looking forward to play the game properly and write a review about it.
s7.postimg.org/sk9u8o4y3/KOF_new.jpg

NEO-GEO man
Looking forward to reading your opinions on it too Smile

I played it on NEO•CD last night, it is very simular to the cart gameplay wise, but there are some slight differences here and there.

RiKo
Sensi wrote:
I bought NAM-1975 in 2008 for $15. Checked the contents yesterday; inside box is damaged/broken, but cartridge, manual and box are mint. Can't remember if the box was damaged when I puchased it, but picking it up this cheap, I can't complain.

That's good because at some point you can replace outer box by swapping in one from a much cheaper game. The pen marks are the worst because there's nothing you can do about those.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NEO-GEO man
You can almost always pull the label off and have a fresh Japan label underneath it, its very close to the same art Smile

Jump to Forum: