Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: garu21
Thread ID: 727
Thread Info
There are 15 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5459 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
best contra game ever!!
garu21
Contra Hard Cops was the best!!!

cthulhu
Indeed a great game.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Kazuya_UK
I still love Super Contra/Probotector on the SNES. I think that' still my personal fave, especially considering the immense hours I put into it back in the day!

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
priest
I have to agree with Kaz, Super probotector (as it was known to us europeans) Is in my opinion GAME of the series. I still play the game occasionaly Thumbs Up
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
sotenga
The original Contra for the NES is still the definitive high-octane action game of all time to me. If it wasn't for Castlevania III, it'd be my favorite game of all time. No hyperbole there. Smile
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Midian
Too be honest I've only played Contra 4 seriously (never been into the serious a whole lot but I do want to now!) and I love the game though I haven't been able to beat it yet. So I can say that's my favorite for now.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Atomduck
The original. It is supreme awesomeness. I still play it when I'm bored. Super C isn't better. The Alien wars comes really close and then Contra 4

Goemon
I really dig all the Contra games, (haven't played 4 yet) but when i think of the series my thoughts are always of the NES games first. (I suppose that means i like them the best Grin )

After replaying Hard Corps recently, it feels hardly like a Contra game (more like a Mega Man game considering that the levels are kind of insignificant compared to the bosses) but i still think it's great.
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Jak
Super C followed by Hard Corps.

M-Kof
The first Contra was the best for me, followed by Super Contra.

I still remember when I was a kid, I saw my older brother play Contra.
I'm suddenly want to play it, and I fell in love with this game.

NeoGeoNinja
WOW DUDE!...
you've been really 'digging deep' lately, huh?! Great topic though...

PERSONALLY...
my favourite Contra is Shattered Soldier for PS2. The game is all sorts of ridiculously hard and awesome. Massively and criminally overlooked...

Then it falls:
2) Super Probotector / Contra 3
3) Probotector Hard Corps / Contra Hard Corps

Not at all keen on the NES / Arcade versions I'm afraid. Wouldn't mind trying 'ReBirth' for the Wii though (WiiWare)...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

M-Kof
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
WOW DUDE!...
you've been really 'digging deep' lately, huh?! Great topic though...

PERSONALLY...
my favourite Contra is Shattered Soldier for PS2. The game is all sorts of ridiculously hard and awesome. Massively and criminally overlooked...

Then it falls:
2) Super Probotector / Contra 3
3) Probotector Hard Corps / Contra Hard Corps

Not at all keen on the NES / Arcade versions I'm afraid. Wouldn't mind trying 'ReBirth' for the Wii though (WiiWare)...

Ninja

oh man, Why did I can forget this one.
This game is awesome, but not awesome as the original contra. the stage is really interesting (The riding part is fun).

hitorkori
contra spirits jap name is 3 was my favourite on console
lover super contra in arcade
i did ps2 shattered solidier rock i vowed never to go bk once i didDog

vincent
actually theres a new 1 for wiiware which doesnt look too bad.

Musicwww.datpiff.com/embed/image/154690.pngMusic

1983parrothead
I knew some of you would prefer the NES version of the original Contra. That was the first Konami game I ever played. Back then, someone next door to my house had one, but I didn't. I came to try it out, but couldn't understand the point of it. I first beat it at a babysitter's house that I was dropped off the school bus at several years later, but without using the Konami Code; however, I stayed on one screen scoring enough extra lives to succeed throughout the game.

As soon as the Internet was widely used, I kept seeing the NES version as part of the children of the '80s FURIOUSLY crying for retro revival. I later noticed that the Famicom version, compared to the NA and PAL versions of the NES version is far superior, while I noticed that the arcade version is the true original version, and the look and sound of it feels more like Konami than the Famicom and NES versions. The arcade version may look shorter than the NES version, but it's made that way so players can have enough time to beat it in the game centers and video arcades before going on with their concerns outside of gaming OR before their parents tell them "Come on, boy, let's go!"

I haven't played all Contra games, yet, but I'm currently leaning towards the arcade versions of the first two Contra games, followed by the SNES Contra III.

(POST #100)
Edited by 1983parrothead on 16. March 2011 03:30

Jump to Forum: