Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 667
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3600 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
boogiepop
New Street Fighter movie. I guess they want to strike while the iron's hot.
http://www.coming...p?id=36984
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Midian
Aren't they gonna make a Tekken movie as well soon?
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Kazuya_UK
Uh-oh... I smell... a faint smell... kinda like crap?

I'd love to be looking forward to this, but I think we all know how it will turn out! Wink

Directed by this guy:

http://www.imdb.c...nm0005647/

Also responsible for the Doom movie... not exactly the greatest start.

I'm guessing she's going to be Chun Li?

http://uk.askmen....ure-2.html

Really don't know what to make of it. People will start slating it before even seeing anything, but I'll keep an open mind for now. I still know in my gut what sort of film it will be though Smile

Wonder what other characters they will fit in? Other than obviously Bison etc?

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
cthulhu
Just one question...WHY??? Haven't we suffered enough with movies such as: Street Fighter the Movie (only amusing thing about that one was Raul Julia as M. Bison...biggest mistake besides using Van Damme as Guile and let the story revolve around him, was painting a guy green, sticking a bad orange wig on him and calling him Blanka or Jimmy), Super Mario Brothers, Double Dragon, the 2 Mortal Kombat movies, Doom, Alone in the Dark??? The only movie that I thought was decent was Resident Evil and that was only because I'm a huge fan of zombie movies...Although I kinda liked it, it was not even close to the video game and was light years removed from the genious of any Romero zombie movie...it needed more originality (a lot of scenes were stolen from other movies) and it lacked serious gore. A good movie was Silent Hill...I really liked that one.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Shiny
At this festive time I'd like to quote our Lord Jesus Christ when He said "this, my friends, is going to be shit."
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Raiken
Hahahahaha wow. First Speed Racer and now this. Ah well I never go to the movies that often anyway. Although that reminds me the new Bleach movie just came out here. I need to go see it soon.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

boogiepop
cthulhu wrote:
Just one question...WHY??? Haven't we suffered enough with movies such as: Street Fighter the Movie (only amusing thing about that one was Raul Julia as M. Bison...biggest mistake besides using Van Damme as Guile and let the story revolve around him, was painting a guy green, sticking a bad orange wig on him and calling him Blanka or Jimmy), Super Mario Brothers, Double Dragon, the 2 Mortal Kombat movies, Doom, Alone in the Dark??? The only movie that I thought was decent was Resident Evil and that was only because I'm a huge fan of zombie movies...Although I kinda liked it, it was not even close to the video game and was light years removed from the genious of any Romero zombie movie...it needed more originality (a lot of scenes were stolen from other movies) and it lacked serious gore. A good movie was Silent Hill...I really liked that one.

WHAT!? There was a Double Dragon movie!? Damn... I'm gonna have to see that now.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Atomduck
boogiepop wrote:
WHAT!? There was a Double Dragon movie!? Damn... I'm gonna have to see that now.

DO not waste your time with that movie, I remember going to that movie and hating it so much. I was a pretty big Double Dragon fan at the time

sotenga
The ONLY comment I have about this so far running through my mind at the moment is as follows: "God forbid that this is actually worse than the royal Van Damme cheesefest calling itself Street Fighter: The Movie..." Ninja
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Kazuya_UK
boogiepop wrote:
cthulhu wrote:

Actually the Neo Geo Double Dragon game is loosely based on that turd of a movie, in fact if you watch the demo screens there is a tiny FMV clip from the film that plays. It's maybe worth seeing the film if you have a spare couple of hours to waste and laugh your head off, but don't go out of your way Wink

Kaz

sukotsuto
Videogame movie again...

The only awesome videogame-based movie to me was Silent Hill (although Resident Evil was not bad). I usually don't judge movies and videogames before I see or try them, but still I have a bad feeling in this one Thumbs Down

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Goemon
What a waste of time. I suppose the ultimate goal is to make money rather then honor the SF franchise so the Doom director should be efficient enough.
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Atomduck
hmm... It seems that a whole bunch of these video game movies are popping up. I looked it up on Wikipedia, Not good:( . I mean come on! They're making a movie on the SIMS!!. I guess Hollywood is looking at another form of entertainment to slaughter into boxoffice to make a quick buck.

Kazuya_UK
Atomduck wrote:
hmm... It seems that a whole bunch of these video game movies are popping up. I looked it up on Wikipedia, Not good:( . I mean come on! They're making a movie on the SIMS!!. I guess Hollywood is looking at another form of entertainment to slaughter into boxoffice to make a quick buck.

The Sims...? How in the name of feck will that work??? Roll Eyes

Kaz

Jump to Forum: