Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: cthulhu
Thread ID: 649
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2608 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Master Sytem
cthulhu
Yay...I got a Master Sytem for free...it's the first one, the really big one (I already had an Master System II). A friend of mine wanted to throw it in the trash container and I saved it, now it found itself a new home among all other consoles.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

priest
Congrats cthulhu :exclaim: Great console with many great games. Do you already own some MS carts or are you going to hunt down some now :question:

Some of my favorites:

Shinobi
Phantasy star
R Type
Rastan

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
cthulhu
priest wrote:
Congrats cthulhu :exclaim: Great console with many great games. Do you already own some MS carts or are you going to hunt down some now :question:

Some of my favorites:

Shinobi
Phantasy star
R Type
Rastan

It's a nice system indeed, this one is more of a spare console (we've also got spares for other consoles...you never know), we've already have some games:
Addams Family, The
Aladdin
Alex Kidd In Miracle World
Black Belt
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Captain Silver
Cloud Master
Danan The Jungle Fighter
Desert Speedtrap starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote
Dragon Crystal
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Golden Axe
Golden Axe Warrior
Golvellius Valley Of Doom
Heroes Of The Lance
Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
Jungle Book, The
Jurassic Park
Land Of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Laser Ghost
Lord Of The Sword
The Lucky Dime Caper Starring Donald Duck
Marksman Shooting/ Trap Shooting/ Safari Hunt
Master of Darkness
Miracle Warriors: Seal Of The Dark Lord
Psycho Fox
Shadow of the Beast
The Simpsons: Bart Vs. The Space Mutants
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog Spinball
Spell Caster
Phantasy Star
Psycho Fox
The Terminator
Wanted
Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?
Wonder Boy In Monsterland
Ys: The Vanished Omens
Probable more to come in the future.
My arcade stuff

merlin
That is a pretty impressive collection of MS games you have Cthulhu. I also have a master system and as my first console ever I have many fond memories of playing on it.

Out of your collection my favourites would have to be Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Wonderboy in Monster Land. Have you ever played any of these: Chase HQ, Aztec Adventure, The Ninja, Thunderblade and Ghost House? They are some of my favourites. I suppose you will be able to buy Sega Cards as well because you have the MK1 console.

sotenga
Excellent, cthulhu! I wish I had an SMS myself, but emulation will have to suffice. You, however, have the real thing, and I tip my hat to you. Smile

I'm surprised that you already have a massive collection in store with lots of great games for it! As for stuff to add, here are a few of my recommendations:

Kenseiden: Imagine Castlevania in medieval Japan, and you've got a hell of a game. It's really fucking tough, though: I only ever saw the ending once, and that was because I cheated. I know they're optional, but I just had to clear those god... damn... TRAINING SEQUENCES! GAH!!!

Phantasy Star: I'm not the fondest of RPGs, but this game is just simply incredible. The start of one of the greatest series of all time, it still manages to hold its own today. Those 3D dungeons never fail to impress me, and it's definitely damn challenging as far as RPGs go. However, it's kinda hard to get a hold of, but if it's at all possible, do it.

Zillion: It's sort of like the SMS equivalent of Metroid, what with the non-linear action-adventure perspective. A damn fine game that's... well, kinda sorta really damn hard. Never beat it myself, but it's some good stuff. Stay away from the sequel, though.

Fantasy Zone: Man, I loves me some FZ. The first game is one I actually prefer over the original arcade title, as its difficulty is better balanced.

Fantasy Zone 2: The second game is quite a bit tougher, but it still comes highly recommended.

Power Strike: A nigh-perfect translation of the MSX shmup Aleste. I think it misses the first level of the game, but that doesn't detract too much from it's awesomeness. It's also a major challenge, but it's beatable!

Power Strike 2: See, this one's an oddity. Instead of being a translation of Aleste 2, this game takes on its own life on the SMS and becomes an excellent steampunk-themed shooter that's arguably the best on the system! However, us Americans didn't get it, and it is a real fucking rare import title. I could be wrong on this info, but I think only Europe got it and not even Japan! Not sure about that, but any way you slice it, do your best to find a way to play this game!

Shinobi: The SMS translation of the arcade classic is worth considering. Granted, it doesn't move as fast, but it gives you a lifebar and several powerups the arcade game didn't have. This was actually the first version of the game I played, and it's still good to me.

Ghostbusters: It's like the infamous NES game, but without the shittiness. Actually worth a play, even though I still don't have any idea what I'm doing in it. :sweat:

That'll give you a nice collection motivation for now. I'm sure there's more worthy titles, but I recommend these. Thumbs Up
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Shiny
Wonderboy 3, hands down the greatest SMS game ever. Imo. Wink

Nice collection you've gotten your hands on cthulhu. Thumbs Up I'm a big Master System fan, it was the first console I actually owned myself. So many memories...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

sotenga
Shiny wrote:
Wonderboy 3, hands down the greatest SMS game ever. Imo. Wink

Nice collection you've gotten your hands on cthulhu. Thumbs Up I'm a big Master System fan, it was the first console I actually owned myself. So many memories...

*facepalm* But of course, how could I forget that one? Probably because I best know it by the Turbografx-16 version, Dragon's Curse (which I have for the Wii's Virtual Console, by the way). No matter which version you get, it rules incomprehensibly... although, the final boss pisses me off to no end. I had to continue about five times and go through that damn final dungeon every single time to reach the fucker. Angry
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Shiny
Dragon's Curse is awesome, obviously, but believe it or not I actually prefer the graphics in the SMS version... Even though my PC Engine fanboyism is second only to my Neo obsession. Wink You mentioned Shinobi, have you played the PCE/TG16 port? It really does embarrass the SMS version. Side note: The difference between the power of the 8-bit generation of consoles is incredible when you think about it, especially considering how closely matched power wise recent consoles are. I just think it's quite interesting but I'm going off topic, sorry.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

cthulhu
Thanks, this part of the collection is mostly my girlfriend's and I don't play Master System games that much...I mostly play Megadrive, Neo Geo and PC Engine games (when I'm not playing PS2 and Atomiswave games). I do think it's a nice system and yes there are a lot of differences in power between 8-bit consoles if you realize that the PC Engine is 8-bit. It's a bit the same as comparing the Neo Geo to other 16-bit consoles like the SNES and Megadrive...it's really funny that a console like the PS2 has ports of Neo Geo games and that a lot of people don't realize that they're playing 16-bit games on a "128"-bit system.
My arcade stuff

Midian
Alex Kidd in Miracle World is the shit. I wish that would get ported to Virtual Console one day cause my SMS doesn't work anymore. I also really liked Aladdin back when I got it, and a while ago I emulated it and I still think it's awesome. Smile
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Jump to Forum: