Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 64
This Thread Is Locked
You can not post in this thread but there are files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The King of Fighters XII (locked, use new one)
Atomduck
Ok! Here to give my impression! Not to say that single player is bad, its just short and incredibly short. Gameplay rules, its definitely alot slower than any other KOF I've played. Online is, laggy but it still works and when you have a fast match it works fine. Played in a game with some pretty nice folk, hopefully to show that its a nice community. I like it so far, though Iori succks...:(

Bullet
I agree the new Iori will take some getting used to, but I have been enjoying the game in vs matches and online. I will say that I wasn't entirely psyched when I first started playing. I jumped in and many characters had moves taken away etc. I'll be honest, for a brief moment I was like WTF? The more I play and get into the critical counter system and the new game play overall I'm really enjoying it, it's like they were going for a re-balancing of the characters, simplifying/ narrowing down the moveset that makes each character unique and new strategies have to be used now. I look forward to playing some of you onlineSmile
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Mr Vengeance
Gamespot have given in a 5:(

I think next year, when SNK have built upon what they've created, its going to get far more positive reviews. Lets just hope SNK get a version out next year, it takes them so long to do anything - like the XBLA version of 2002 UM - why is it only coming out next year? Why can't we have it a bit earlier than that? Shouldn't take that long to get it out surely?? etc.

NeoGeoNinja
Mr Vengeance wrote:

I think next year, when SNK have built upon what they've created, its going to get far more positive reviews. Lets just hope SNK get a version out next year, it takes them so long to do anything - like the XBLA version of 2002 UM - why is it only coming out next year? Why can't we have it a bit earlier than that? Shouldn't take that long to get it out surely?? etc.

MATE...

I feel for ya... I've got 02UM and it genuinely is fantastic. When you finally get round to it, well... your in for a treat. It's not as much of a character overhaul exercise like 98UM is, but everything else is improved. The gameplay does feel tighter, the roster is RIDICULOUS and music and presentation are fantastic. A very nice game indeed. As an ultimate KOF... it's not far off either... I think it's only really missing Eiji, Mr Big, Krauser and the USA team. There may be more, but can't think of them to hand. IMO if they'd have added these 'missing' characters, well, you'd have had (near enough) the best KOF ever... kinda by default! It near enough is anyway.

Ninja

NeoGeoNinja
Bullet wrote:
I agree the new Iori will take some getting used to, but I have been enjoying the game in vs matches and online. I will say that I wasn't entirely psyched when I first started playing. I jumped in and many characters had moves taken away etc. I'll be honest, for a brief moment I was like WTF? The more I play and get into the critical counter system and the new game play overall I'm really enjoying it, it's like they were going for a re-balancing of the characters, simplifying/ narrowing down the moveset that makes each character unique and new strategies have to be used now.

MY FRIEND RECEIVED HIS IMPORT COPY...
yesterday (US ver). I had a brief go on it - for 30 mins or so just to try some of the characters out. I'M A BIG KOF95 FAN, so having seen the KOFXII vids on youTube etc. I had basically gotten the impression that KOF had, near enough, been taken back to it's roots... which I was VERY excited about as I think 95 plays AMAZINGLY! So naturally I was quite happy to see PPL like Robert and Andy (esp. those two!) taken back through history itself! Same goes for Joe, Terry, Kyo etc.

I was also happy to see Kim taken (kind of?) more in line with his sons from MOTW and that mid-air hangetsuzan is sick! On the flip side I was a little disturbed by Ryo's new/old angle(s)... no projectile fireball, no mid-air fireball, 96-esque HienShippu and frankly odd HK/D attack. He fights more like Takuma in his retirement IMO. Probably a beast though under some practice... which I'll need. Oh yeah... Ash's super fireball seemed odd? Is there any way of getting it away from you quicker than that? I tried both LP & HP but there wasn't any launch time difference??! Someone shed any light?

AS FOR IORI...
had a quick go, but couldn't really be bothered as I was in my friends shop and was using a standard PS3 pad to play, so combos etc were out of the question (as far as I was concerned) but I WAS intrigued Hmm

Bullet wrote:
I look forward to playing some of you onlineSmile

WOULD'VE LOVED TOO BULLET SIR...
as you seem like a real cool guy. However, I noticed you seem to be 360 only, which sadly, is a no go territory for me as I'm not 'stick-literate'. I f I was was, then I'd maybe have one - even over a PS3 - who knows? As it is though, I'm a PS3 man right now solely because I can use my USB SEGA Saturn controllers with it perfectly and I NEED these to play these kind of games. If only MS weren't so anal about 3rd party controllers eh? There's also some sony-only titles in the future I'm after too (fingers crossed... Yakuza3 US/UK release?)

Ninja

STE C
Ninja if Yakuza 3 comes out in the west I will also be a very happy man

reelmojo
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
On the flip side I was a little disturbed by Ryo's new/old angle(s)... no projectile fireball, no mid-air fireball, 96-esque HienShippu and frankly odd HK/D attack. He fights more like Takuma in his retirement IMO. Probably a beast though under some practice... which I'll need.
Ryo is my best character so far, with Robert and Athena close behind. I only wish Ryo and Robert weren't the only Art of Fighting characters in the game so I could just make an AOF team when playing online.

Speaking of playing online, everyone picks Kyo, Terry, and Iori. It's KoFXII's version of Ken noobs! Iori will probably be replaced once noobs realize that he plays completely differently now.

Back on Ryo now... he's looking a bit older don't you think? I'm hoping within the next few games we reach the point in the story where he becomes Mr. Karate.

Mr Vengeance
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Mr Vengeance wrote:

MATE...

I feel for ya... I've got 02UM and it genuinely is fantastic. When you finally get round to it, well... your in for a treat. It's not as much of a character overhaul exercise like 98UM is, but everything else is improved. The gameplay does feel tighter, the roster is RIDICULOUS and music and presentation are fantastic. A very nice game indeed. As an ultimate KOF... it's not far off either... I think it's only really missing Eiji, Mr Big, Krauser and the USA team. There may be more, but can't think of them to hand. IMO if they'd have added these 'missing' characters, well, you'd have had (near enough) the best KOF ever... kinda by default! It near enough is anyway.

Ninja

Sounds amazing.... but why no Eiji? He's in '98 UM and he's awesome! He even made an appearence in XI.... Still, there is more than enough choice in that game. Pretty much my most anticipated game right now, even above highly anticipated games like Sin & Punishment 2 on the Wii and Halo: ODST on the 360.

boogiepop
Mr Vengeance wrote:
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Mr Vengeance wrote:

MATE...

Ninja

Sounds amazing.... but why no Eiji? He's in '98 UM and he's awesome! He even made an appearence in XI.... Still, there is more than enough choice in that game. Pretty much my most anticipated game right now, even above highly anticipated games like Sin & Punishment 2 on the Wii and Halo: ODST on the 360.

They probably wanted to only collect the characters that appeared in the Nests saga is my guess.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Wild Tengu
If SNK manages to do a XIII using what they have developed with XII, it'll just get crap reviews because reviewers will say "SNK is re-using sprites again, they are horrible pixelated, and not even true HD".

Anyways, here's some concept art from the game -

img38.imageshack.us/img38/5882/snk228.jpg

Maybe SNK should of kept that cell shaded style for the sprites, it would mean alot less work per character. I mean, average KOFXII sprite probably has about 22+ colors because of the way they are shaded.

Plus Ralf and Clark look alot better too.
Edited by Wild Tengu on 02. August 2009 03:53

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
Zakatek
I agree that Ralf and Clark look better i think Ryo looks better on that concept art. I don't like his sprite in KOF XII.

I played this game for a few days and it is disappointment for me.

First graphics look pixalleted but i think KOF XII looks great anyway. But the backgrounds are very few and there are too many things going on in the backgrounds. Instead of makin this backgrounds they should have done some backgrounds like KOF 95 Korean Team stage.

The gameplay is ok but it lacks so many things. Most of the characters have too few moves. I want Terry's power dunk :( I think one of the games biggest problem is when you run towards your opponent and press C you hit far C and it doesn't let you make another hit. You must release forward then press C so your character makes close C hit. I hate that. Characters don't only lack special moves but also normal moves. Kyo, Terry don't have far B kick they do close B kick everywhere. Iori doesn't have far C he does close C everwhere, Joe doesn't have his far D kick. I guess this situation is same for other characters too.

General presentation isn't good menus look very boring, uninspired. The game has too few offline content no survival, no challenge mode, no real arcade mode. In practise mode you can't change your character you must turn to main menu and enter practise again to choose another character. Also you can't see the moveset in practise but you can in arcade mode.

I think music also is bad boring and lacks excitiment.

The game feels very incomplete in my opinion. I wanted to go back KOF 98 when playing this game.

Mr Vengeance
boogiepop wrote:
Mr Vengeance wrote:
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Mr Vengeance wrote:

MATE...

Ninja

They probably wanted to only collect the characters that appeared in the Nests saga is my guess.

Makes sense that.

reelmojo
www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/kofxii-ex.jpg
Pic from a Japanese KoFXII strategy guide. Are these the DLC characters?

Mr Vengeance
Like the first two, but not the little emo chick.

She'd probably kick a lot of ass though!

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/kofxii-ex.jpg
Pic from a Japanese KoFXII strategy guide. Are these the DLC characters?

THE MIDDLE ONE...

Look a LOT like Duke to me, from the MI series. NOT a good thing IMO. As for the other two... meh. Girl on the left - her stance looks kinda cool... that's about it! LETS HOPE they're not the DLC content.

Ninja

boogiepop
Terrible desings for KOF. The middle one looks like he got ripped out of a Phoenix Wright game.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Wild Tengu
SNK throwing out more garbage character designs w/ Nona, the worst artist in SNK history, behind the art directors seat.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
The eccentric cat
The first 2 are meh, but I love the last one. She kinda reminds me of Lain (Serial Experiments Lain). X3

Anyway, it seems the lack of modes really is hurting XII. And, to be honest, I'd like a few more modes myself. I'll still buy it of course, the gameplay still looks nice~ ^^
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

Atomduck
So is SNK still wearing their Earplugs or something? They still don't realize that the majority of fans want MAI as a DLC character??

Mr Vengeance
Why is she not in the retail boxed release? Its kind of strange...

Perhaps they are putting her in the sequel - SNK apparently held characters out of releases down through the years to encourage people to buy older games or something... read that somewhere! Maybe they kept her out of it so as to make it a big deal that she will be returning in XIII.... or maybe they had trouble creating her sprite or something.....

Jump to Forum: