Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 64
This Thread Is Locked
You can not post in this thread but there are files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The King of Fighters XII (locked, use new one)
Wild Tengu
It's all about the 3 on 3 team battle mode. Six player action, fuck yer.

I'll bet the console characters will be King, Mai and Yuri, and MAYBE Takuma.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
reelmojo
Great find, Zakatek. I'm looking forward to seeing the new characters. The game obviously lacks female characters so I'm hoping they put at least two more in there. Mai is the obvious choice. My next choice would be Hotaru but I would be surprised if she made it in before Yuri, Blue Mary, or King.

It's also very possible that the console exclusive characters will end up being bosses.

Kingofweasles
reelmojo wrote:
Great find, Zakatek. I'm looking forward to seeing the new characters. The game obviously lacks female characters so I'm hoping they put at least two more in there. Mai is the obvious choice. My next choice would be Hotaru but I would be surprised if she made it in before Yuri, Blue Mary, or King.

It's also very possible that the console exclusive characters will end up being bosses.

Dude, how funny would that be? Example: You choose Andy, Joe and Terry as your team and advance to the last round...Only to fight Mai (Complete with a CRAZY intro against Andy!), King and Mary? And maybe only have the console-exclusive characters fight against you only if you play speciffic teams?

As for my character choices? Hmm...Well, I'd go with Mai, King, Elisabeth, K' (Who's flame moves would look SO beautiful in this game!) and...Drum-roll please...MR. KARATE as the final boss!!!
"Ah, it's good to be the King!"

reelmojo
I actually meant that the exclusive characters could end up being traditional bosses like Rugal and Geese, but it'd be awesome if the Girls Team were the bosses too.

I'd definitely like to see K' in there too. Whip, Maxima, and Kula would be great as well.

Also, I think we all knew online play was going to happen, but I'm still excited about it. As long as the net code is good I'll be looking forward to getting my ass handed to me on XBox Live. I've never really had any human competition in KOF so I'm not too good at it.
Edited by reelmojo on 15. March 2009 05:36

Zakatek
Ign has some high quality screenshots of the game:
http://media.ps3....mgs_1.html

THX-1138
[url=http://kotaku.com/5170764/the-king-of-fighters-xii-gets-new-fighters-smoother-graphics-for-consoles[/url]

Home version of KOF XII will have smoother graphics and more characters than the arcade version.
Edited by THX-1138 on 17. March 2009 01:11
castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/cotm/links/logos/m-dracxj.gif

reelmojo
Anti-aliased mode? No thanks. I like to see my sprites as they were drawn, especially when they already look so good. Although I might at least turn it on once to see what it looks like in motion. With the new higher detailed sprites maybe it'll actually look smooth instead of just blurry.

Atomduck
Preordered it from Gamestop today. I know I know, Gamestop is shitty but I really only go there because of accessibility. I have like no other game stores around me... I used my changeback from eating Stirfry at Flat top Grill Grin

STE C
I am actually really up for it, i love my older neo stuff but i bet we all have hi def tvs and 360s or ps3s cant wait to play hi def 2D on next gen we should get behind it ( I would like to confirm i have no interest in the 3D games Playmore are producing 2D only for me pal

reelmojo
Welcome to the site STE C! You bring up a good point. Fans of 2D fighters should get behind this game to show support for 2D fighters in HD with 2D graphics. I have nothing against the way Capcom is doing things (SFIV and TvC's 3d models with 2d controls) but it would be a sad day indeed if we'd lose 2d graphics altogether. If KoFXII fails who knows what direction SNKP will take. The same could be said for BlazBlue (Arc already made one 2d fighter with 3d graphics in Battle Fantasia).

In other words, support 2d fighters! Tell your friends to buy KoFXII!

Zakatek
The game is out in US already . There are tons of videos on www.cyberfanatix.com I hate to wait for console release. Angry

reelmojo
Wild Tengu wrote:
It's all about the 3 on 3 team battle mode. Six player action, fuck yer.
I've read rumors that this feature will be included in the home release. I can't imagine how awesome that would be. Eventually we'd see team tournaments at events like Evo. Not only that but it would make it easier for new players to be competitive online. You'd only have to master one character instead of three. Hopefully they could eliminate any extra lag that having 6 people connected to one match would cause... maybe by having the waiting players be a lower priority so any lag only occurs for them and not the players who are currently fighting.

Jak
You guy's are behind, here's the latest KOF XII videos from it's Portland debut:

http://www.youtub...annel_page (15 matches with english voices)

Check the SRK thread too; http://forums.sho...ost6414918 .

Shiny
Gawd bless the kidz at SRK... If only I had that kinda time. Unfortunately I also have a life. I'm joking, of course. I don't have a life either. Pfft

Sweet videos though, Jak. Cheers for the link. Smile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

reelmojo
USA KoFXII Tournament Winner gets a KoFXII Arcade Machine!

If only I lived near California!

Atomduck
http://kotaku.com...i-fighters

New Update on it! Glad they brought them into the mix!!
Spoiler Alert! To See The Content, Just Click On The Image!
Mai and K' are pretty much announced!

Edited by Atomduck on 10. April 2009 22:40

reelmojo
If we only get two more characters those are good picks. Probably the two most popular characters not yet included.

EDIT: The Official English Site has some good stuff on it now.

The image revealing K' and Mai also has all kinds of characters in the background... is all of them making it into the game too much to hope for? Geese, Maxima, Shermie, Chang, Choi, some girl I can't seem to place, and Blue Mary are all pictured.
Edited by reelmojo on 11. April 2009 01:35

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
If we only get two more characters those are good picks. Probably the two most popular characters not yet included.

EDIT: The Official English Site has some good stuff on it now.

The image revealing K' and Mai also has all kinds of characters in the background... is all of them making it into the game too much to hope for? Geese, Maxima, Shermie, Chang, Choi, some girl I can't seem to place, and Blue Mary are all pictured.

WOW... this good/bad news!
1) I love K'... cannot wait to see/use his KOFXII iteration!
2) I love Mai... but all my friends TOTALLY spam her all over the show! With her not in it, it would've been a good opportunity for them to learn an extra new character or two (the narrow minded eh? "Oh, that guy in the Orange looks good... kinda like Ryu really... YEAH... I'll pick him!" etc Roll Eyes

REEL... can't see all these characters in the BKGD that your talking about!? Do you have a link to the image your referring too?! Cheers!

Ninja

reelmojo
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
REEL... can't see all these characters in the BKGD that your talking about!? Do you have a link to the image your referring too?! Cheers!

Ninja
No problem. Japanese KoF Anniversary Site

I'm hoping that site gets an English version because it seems like it's pretty detailed. I mean the characters page even has a profile for Kyo's girlfriend Yuki. Hopefully if she ever shows up as a playable character (outside of SNK Gals Fighter) she'll look a bit less like Street Fighter's Sakura.
Edited by reelmojo on 11. April 2009 12:42

STE C
Hey guys check youtube for AUO 99 japanese arcade show theres loads of gameplay footage of new KOF + footage of what appears to be a new Matrimelee game i think

Jump to Forum: