Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 64
This Thread Is Locked
You can not post in this thread but there are files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The King of Fighters XII (locked, use new one)
sotenga
This game will only be the ultimate 2D fighting game if it has Yamazaki in it. That's what I say. Pfft

No, I'm just kidding. I think Oswald is somewhat Yamazakesque without being at all a ripoff of him, and I'm willing to bet that he'll return from XI to slash s'more ass in this title. Dear lord, I CANNOT wait... which is too bad, because America's probably not seeing a console port until late 2009. Angry
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Kazuya_UK
cthulhu wrote:
Kazuya_UK wrote:
You're welcome! Thumbs Up

I guess a lot of us here will be looking on in total jealousy as loads of people in Japan will be playing it in the arcades while the rest of us patiently await a home console port. If this turns up in the arcades in London I will be making a special trip down there without a doubt! Wink

Kaz

I'll probably go back to Japan later this year (Oktober or November) so if it's out in the arcades by that time, I'll most certainly hit some arcades like I did last time and who knows I'll run into an unoccupied candy cab running KOF XII.

Well, if you do then you'll have to do the official NGFL reports on the game for us! Wink Good luck anyways, I hope it's out by then so you get the chance to play it while you're there! Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Raiken
That's fantastic news. I'm overjoyed to hear SNK is going to such painstaking detail to make this game.
oi66.tinypic.com/zyjcpl.jpg

eccentric cat
This's great news! I'm really glad SNK will be hand-drawing everything... Of course, there was nothing wrong how KOF looked before, but hand-drawing everything sounds really great. KOF XII has a lot of potential, I wouldn't mind waiting another year just as long as SNK gets everything right. I'm also hoping SNK will finally adopt the Just Defend system from Garou to KOF XII, and also re-introducing the striker system, coupled with the 3-on-3 tagteam system, will... will be pure BLISS! Grin
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

garu21
NEW TEAMs IDEA :

RICK S. from RBFF 2
MICKY from AOF 2
HEAVY D. from KOF 94

,, THE BOXING TEAM '' Cool

JACK from AOF2
RAIDEN from FF2
CHANG from KOF

,, THE FAT ASS TEAM '' Pfft

WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK :question:

[img][/img]

Kazuya_UK
Although I really like the tag system, I wouldn't mind too much if they went back to the standard 3 on 3 style, however I'd prefer it if they didn't go back to using strikers whatever they do as it makes it even harder for them to balance things out right and I know a lot of people who totally hated the system anyway. Just Defend/Parry would be interesting though, although I'm not quite sure how well it would work in KOF.

I agree though, I don't mind if they wait another year before releasing it, providing it turns out to be the game we all want it to be. I have the feeling we might see a few different revisions of the arcade versiopn however, and I'm sure they'll balance out the home version(s) further because no matter what they do someone will claim it to be "broken" Smile

Kaz

LIFE_IN_2D
When I saw sceen shots and videos of this game I was puzzled when I saw Terry in his traditional FF costume. Since this game is cannon (not a dreamatch), why would they go back to his old costume? What do you guys think?
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Kazuya_UK
Not entirely sure yet, but I did read an interview with an SNK employee, where he said that it would be "explained in due time". Interested to know why he's gone back to the old costume, and although I like his leather jacket/jeans looks from MotW, it's cool to see him back in the old style, especially now he's redrawn and hi-res Smile

For a change we can't blame the same costumes on "sprite cut/paste"! Wink

Kaz

THX-1138
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Not entirely sure yet, but I did read an interview with an SNK employee, where he said that it would be "explained in due time". Interested to know why he's gone back to the old costume, and although I like his leather jacket/jeans looks from MotW, it's cool to see him back in the old style, especially now he's redrawn and hi-res Smile

Kaz

I agree, i love the idea a redrawn hi res Terry sprite in the Fatal Fury costume, as for why he is back in that costume... I don't know how they are going to explain that one...

Kazuya_UK
THX-1138 wrote:
Kazuya_UK wrote:

Kaz

I agree, i love the idea a redrawn hi res Terry sprite in the Fatal Fury costume, as for why he is back in that costume... I don't know how they are going to explain that one...

Maybe some kind of symbolic gesture; it's the return to games of the quality of the old SNK in their glory days, so Terry decided to go back to his old costume like the one he wore when the KOF series was at its best Wink

Want more info and magazine pics? You got it! Grin Back to 3 on 3 and a simplification of the system "that SNK thinks has gotten too complex". Oh and beta tests in April:

http://www.neogeo...admore=119

Thanks to MMCafe. Thumbs Up

Kaz

edit: added to the news post... spotted info about more characters that will be in the game. Sounds interesting indeed! Grin
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 20. March 2008 15:39

Shiny
Terry's costume? Me, I'm glad, I prefer it anyway... It makes sense really, if this is the game that's going to put SNK and KoF back on the map, especially going toe to toe with SF4, they need as many iconic characters as possible. Put Terry in his post-MotW costume and SNK fans know who he is on sight, put him in his FF costume and EVERYONE knows who he is. Makes sense to me anyway.

THX-1138
Part of the reason i love KOF is the complexity of the gameplay... Reading that SNK are simplifiying it makes me nervous...

boogiepop
Well I'm happy that the complexity is getting toned down a bit but I'm at the same time horrified to hear that the tag system is gone.
I'm not going to jump to any conclusions though. I'm still pretty hyped about this game.
Thanks for the info Kaz! Smile
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Kazuya_UK
Well, I'm kind of disappointed if the tag system has been removed as I did enjoy it, but for every person I know that loved it, I can name at least an equal amount who did not. I'm personally just fine with having it three on three really, although it's a shame they can't feature both in two seperate game modes to keep people happy. Then again they'd never be able to balance that! Wink

Oh and can I say: ANDY!!!! Grin That one best be true! Wink

Kaz

Goemon
THX-1138 wrote:
Part of the reason i love KOF is the complexity of the gameplay... Reading that SNK are simplifiying it makes me nervous...

Same here. I hope it's atleast as complex as kof 2k2. I thought the tag system was good but i'm not too disappointed about it losing it.

Andy.... please
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Kazuya_UK
All I am gonna say is: enjoy it now!!!!1one

http://www.neogeo...admore=120

Whole boatload of KOF XII pics! Preview:

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/kof_xii/kkof001.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/kof_xii/kof05.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/kof_xii/kof06.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/kof_xii/kof024.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/kof_xii/kof025.jpg

^ The ripple effect on the side, is that the wall bounce thing we heard about?

Discuss! Smile

Kaz

broken harbours
this is looking even better. its a shame we can't have some full size screens to get a true flavour of what the game looks like... :|

anyway, it'll be interesting to see how the explain terry's return to his old fatal fury outfit, time travel? or perhaps he's been cloned as per kyo in '99?

just a couple of guesses really but i hope neither of them turn out to be true. Pfft

boogiepop
Gee, wasn't just a couple of months ago that there was absolutely nothing on the SNK radar? My how things have changed.
Anyway, I'm not at all happy to hear that there is going to be something like the parry system. I'm keeping an open mind though. And I'm still not sure how I feel about those explosive effects. Here's hoping they don't become annoying.

The pics look fantastic though.
Edited by boogiepop on 21. March 2008 14:29
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

LIFE_IN_2D
Wow, these pictures really reflect how improved the graphics are going to be. The background art looks awesome, which makes me hope that this won't cause them to be lazy and give us only a handful of backgrounds to fight in (like SVC). One thing that I am not quite sure if I like is the style of the sprites, I mean the proportions of the characters. For example: Terry looks way buff and way stocky... but I suppose Iíll get used to it, I suppose what counts is how awesome this game is going to be overall.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Midian
Goddamn, I'm gonna rub one out to those pics. Pfft
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Jump to Forum: