Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 64
This Thread Is Locked
You can not post in this thread but there are files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The King of Fighters XII (locked, use new one)
Kazuya_UK
So, would it be fair to say that the general opinion of this video is very good indeed, and not one of disappointment like many of us thought it might be? Wink

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
garu21
http://www.gametr...t=featured

looks good to me dudes

Midian
Man, that high res movie was what really gave me chills. I think it's just 2d, in the 2d style like Guilty Gear as I don't see much cellshaded stuff. It looks really great, definitely the best looking SNK I've seen!
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Goemon
Dammit... I don't know what i'm gonna do know. They dun went and made a game that's obviously gonna have to be ported to the 360 and PS3. I don't wanna buy a PS3, but supposively it's region free... I just hope it doesn't take them too long to release it over here.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

tony starks
Here is a Hi res version of the video posted by Kunai at Neo Geo.com

http://www.speksn...onJPEG.avi

Enjoy!

Starks out.
Edited by tony starks on 16. February 2008 01:36

Goemon
Daggum, folks really haven't been reading this thread much before posting. I keep getting excited to see a new link then notice it's the same stuff.

Jak
I'm impressed. I think they'll follow Capcom's lead and will port it to PC.

Shiny
Why port it to PC?

Anyways, good God, that was awesome!

garu21
ATHENA looks great Grin i wonder about MAI :question: :question:

NEo
Hmm, by the looks of it Falcoon its doing the artwork, i don't really like his style. KoF 2001-2002 has the best artwork imo. Guess they don't have a big staff working on this...or atleast really experienced ones....im 51% sure that this are cellshaded graphics.

EDIT: for the guy above: if Falcoon is incharge expect a 2X BIG breasted Mai.... Pfft
Edited by NEo on 16. February 2008 16:11
NEo4LiFE

www.google.com
Kazuya_UK
To be honest people have been saying that they don't think Falcoon has had a hand in the art, they think it's actually Nona (Athena certainly looked that way to me). I'm not 100% sure myself, but I will say this: I'm not sure where all the Falcoon hate comes from. Granted he's done some pretty funky stuff at times that even I didn't like, but I think he's pretty damn talented personally. Each to their own though I suppose, but either way I think the stuff shown so far is pretty damned awesome. Grin

Can't wait for more details!

Kaz

Goemon
I hope it's Nona, the overall style doesn't quite look fruity enough to be Falcoon anyways imo. Regardless of who the artist is, i think most of us can agree that everything looks great.

It's interesting to me that some folks are still speculating on whether it's 2d or not, of course i'm not sure, but it looks obviously 2d imo.

It hurts deep to think of how long it's going to be untill we see more footage. (and even get to play it, on top of that) The fact that they didn't have more to show worried me a bit.

garu21
I WONDER HO WILL THE BOSS :question: Maybe Orochi or Rugal LOL
it would be nice to see them in those sprites

Raiken
Shock........................................................................

It's about fucking time! Grin My god I honestly don't know what to say...except I'll probably get to play it before any of you guys LOL

As for translating those screenshots, I don't have my dictionary on hand to aid me right now but as soon as I get home tonight I'll get right on it!
Edited by Raiken on 17. February 2008 06:39
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Kazuya_UK
Raiken wrote:

It's about fucking time! Grin My god I honestly don't know what to say...except I'll probably get to play it before any of you guys LOL

On behalf of everyone else here I'd like to say a big hearty:

FUCK YOU! :twisted:

lol, just kidding! LOL Well, if you are still there when it gets released/any loke tests go down, if you could make it to them we'll be expecting you to do the official NGFL reports! Grin

If you could translate any of the text from that pic/the vids then it would be appreciated! Thanks dude! Thumbs Up

Kaz

garu21
I hope they bring ANDY & ROBERT BACK :|

Kazuya_UK
Agreed on that one... especially Andy! Smile

Wonder how many new characters will be included. In fact, I wonder how many characters there will be in total? Seeing as they have redone everything from scratch, does anyone else have the feeling that the roster will be fairly significantly lower than the past couple of games?

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 17. February 2008 11:59

garu21
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Agreed on that one... especially Andy! Smile

Wonder how many new characters will be included. In fact, I wonder how many characters there will be in total? Seeing as they have redone everything from scratch, does anyone else have the feeling that the roster will be fairly significantly lower than the past couple of games?

Kaz

At least 25-30 characters Grin Thumbs Up

Raiken
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Raiken wrote:

On behalf of everyone else here I'd like to say a big hearty:

FUCK YOU! :twisted:

lol, just kidding! LOL Well, if you are still there when it gets released/any loke tests go down, if you could make it to them we'll be expecting you to do the official NGFL reports! Grin

If you could translate any of the text from that pic/the vids then it would be appreciated! Thanks dude! Thumbs Up

Kaz

lmao LOL Sadly I probably won't be around when the next game show comes up so I actually doubt I'll get to play it either.

I finally translated the text from the trailer:

"In the history of fighting games a bright legend was able to establish itself.

The King of Fighters long silence is going to be broken and be reborn here.

In the history of 2D fighting games a century of KOF of the greatest quality is going to start.

Appearing in 2008."

The small text on the bottom of the screen during the KOFXII footage says: "Video shown is that of a game that is still a work in progress"
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Midian
Raiken wrote:
The small text on the bottom of the screen during the KOFXII footage says: "Video shown is that of a game that is still a work in progress"

Who wants to bet 20 bucks that it's gonna be 3d in the end?! Pfft Pfft
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Jump to Forum: