Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: John Crawley
Thread ID: 638
Thread Info
There are 15 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6245 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Question about Amakusa
John Crawley
Okay, this is part of a bio I read for him:

A young Christian leader who led a rebellion in Shimabara.

Hold on a minute. If this guy is a Christian, why does he try to conquer the world? I'm confused.

Shiny
Most of history's most dangerous dictators were/are fundamentalist religious nuts, sounds about right to me. Christianity is no different to any other, it's all about fear and control, but that's a rant for another time probably.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Goemon
How dare you Shiny!

I already sensed you're lord loathing in the other thread but now this...

I understand bashing an unseemly religion such as Islam but Christianity is a religion of peace! Without the foundations set by the 10 commandments we'd be living in chaos. Don't be so ignorant, please.

Obviously SNK (the Japanese) where just slinging a bit of resentment at Christians because they're a bit t'd at them for having viciously pushed their faith on them a couple or a million times. (though, i really don't see what's so bad about suggesting to someone that they accept the truth by way of some gentle words or a blunt object) In the past, mind you. It's like, get over it already.
Edited by Goemon on 06. December 2007 09:27
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Shiny
Goemon wrote:
How dare you Shiny!

I already sensed you're lord loathing in the other thread but now this...

I understand bashing an unseemly religion such as Islam but Christianity is a religion of peace! Without the foundations set by the 10 commandments we'd be living in chaos. Don't be so ignorant, please.

Obviously SNK (the Japanese) where just slinging a bit of resentment at Christians because they're a bit t'd at them for having viciously pushed their faith on them a couple or a million times. (though, i really don't see what's so bad about suggesting to someone that they accept the truth by way of some gentle words or a blunt object) In the past, mind you. It's like, get over it already.

Wow. Shock

Indeed, how dare I! Your opinion is valid but mine, well, you said it, how dare I!! Your slur against Islam is ok though right? How very, er, Christian of you. No hypocrisy here, no sir.

Living in chaos? Please. I'm not so blind and helpless that I need Harry Potter to teach me right from wrong. And the world was no more savage and corrupt before Moses than it is now. The world was full of evil shitheads using fear to control the poor and weak then and it still is.
Christianity has nothing to do with peace or love, like all religions it's a tool designed specifically to control the masses through threats and the fear of punishment by Santa, sorry, God. Even one of the commandments was a threat: thou shall not worship false idols... But for why big G'? 'Cos I'm a jealous God dammit! Oh, I see, worship you or die? Correct. The 10 commandments, though valid moral statements (most of them anyway) are in fact just making sure you know who's in charge.

Don't call me ignorant, I'm the one with my eyes open. Why don't you have yourself a search on Google and see just how many of history's most evil bastards were Christians, Islam and others are small fry compared to the attrocities carried out in the name of your lord. I'm not bashing Christianity alone, nor am I defending any other religion, I'm saying that they're ALL the same.

A wise man once said: "When you understand why you dismiss all other Gods then you'll understand why I dismiss yours." Clever bloke. Now if only the powers that be would think about that, I mean really think about it, maybe they'd realise just how stupid fighting over outdated traditions and superstition is and the world would be a better place.

Kazuya_UK
Think we're stepping into dangerous territory here. I won't go into my own personal religious views because it would take a long long time to explain it properly, but as I've said before, to each their own. I come from a Christian family, but I've never really followed the religion and nor do I call myself Christian now... I'd be a hypocrite if I did, because I certainly don't follow all of the things that the religion says I should do, even if I do agree with the majority of Christianities values.

But anyways... my main point is that I'll leave others to make up their own mind on what religion they choose to follow (or not as the case may be), and I don't really mind what anybodies views is provided they don't try to force those views on me or others. I think at some point I've had someone from many of the so called "main" religions try to hit me with some kind of propaganda, and that includes Islam, Christianity, Sikhs, Hindu's and so on, and those are the kinds of people I can't stand personally. If however, people follow their beliefs, aren't hypocritical about it, and are willing to have a balanced discussion with me on what they believe, rather than forcing it upon me, that's fine.

Just an example of hypocrisy that springs to mind are a few Muslim acquaintances of mine. They talk a lot about their religion, they go to Friday prayers and insist that they can't miss it, they also say they have to fast during their Holy festivals... but during the rest of the week I see them eating beefburgers in McDonalds, drinking alcohol, playing the National Lottery and smoking. I know people of all religions that do similar things so I'm not singling out Islam, but that's one that springs to mind, and it really does piss me off that they can be so hypocritical.

Anyways, let's please not let this get out of hand. I agree with a lot of what you both say, I'd just hate for this to go any further than it already has with anyone getting any more offended than they already are...

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Goemon
lol. The bad thing about satirical comments is now i'm not sure who's being serious back or not.

Sorry about foolin' around in your thread btw John. I think the main thing to learn from Amakusa's bio is that he's crazy, as Shiny said.

Midian
I think Shiny pretty much summed it up here. I'm not into religion, and I'll never be. Everyone is free to have their own religion, just don't try to hook me up with yours, that annoys the hell out of me.

Kerry King once said: "Religion is the ultimate form of mind control that is perfectly legal." and I agree with his statement.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Shiny
Goemon wrote:
I think the main thing to learn from Amakusa's bio is that he's crazy

Amen. LOL
Edited by Shiny on 06. December 2007 20:14

Kazuya_UK
Hehe well I read that at first in kind of a tired mood so any sarcasm/satire passed me by I must admit Pfft. Saying that I bet other people would read it at face value too you blasphemous pair the both of you! LOL

But yea... Amakusa is crazy... Wink

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Raiken
This fire could use a little more gasoline... LOL

Personally, I believe in Raptor Jesus.
Raiken attached the following image:
1182301223645.jpg

Edited by Raiken on 07. December 2007 11:19
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Shiny
I'm U-turning! God FTW!! No, flip-flopping, $cientology FTW!! :eh:

Seriously though, yeah, I knew Goemon's post wasn't 100% serious (nobody with a quote from Colbert as his sig could possibly be so extreme right wing) but I thought it was a good excuse to run with it regardless. My reply wasn't 100% serious either, just an equally extreme opposing view. There's more sarcasm in this thread than you can shake a cross at. Wink

Apologies if it offended anyone. The problem with satire, as Goemon said, is that you can't tell when it's ceased to be amusing and someone actually is offended...
Edited by Shiny on 07. December 2007 14:35

sukotsuto
I am a roman catholic, and there are a couple of mormons who wants to convert me by visiting me every other sunday, just because I let em in once :eh: That's why you'll see me do the groceries every sunday, so that they won't find me in my home Grin This is slightly irrelevant so yeah here's the answer to teh questionz:

Why Amakusa is a Christian religious leader who wants to dominate the world?

I bet they just thrown in some "Christian" mysticism so that his powers are "different" from other fighting game villains. So yeah, mysticism and stuff like that. Pfft

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Goemon
....You know, i thought we were just a gang of friends having a good time disrespecting things i don't care for, then Raiken brings Mcee Dee's into this, and...

Look, you can use Ronald's photo in vain all you want, but i'm not gonna stick around to watch.
Edited by Goemon on 07. December 2007 21:02

Shiny
I do wonder if there's a Mucky Dee's in Heaven. If it exists. Which it doesn't. No, I guess is the answer then. That was a short debate.

Here's something unrelated but absolutely true: McDonald's seats were created by a Ukranian inventor named Kostya Lotz and are ergonomically designed to become uncomfortable after 20 minutes. Getting you in, fed, and out again before you become a nuisance. Studies by the University of Kiev have proven this in experiments where 100 ex-Soviet prisoners of war were forced to stay seated for half an hour which resulted in 12 deaths, 75 being permanently paralized from the waist down, and 6 slipping into a coma. The other 32 "volunteers" suffered only minor recurring headaches. Strange but true.

Raiken
What's funny is Amakusa is to blame for this whole thread. Damn that evil fiend! :twisted:
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Jump to Forum: