Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: John Crawley
Thread ID: 551
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4580 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gah! I want a TurboExpress!
John Crawley
The TG16 is a great system, and it should've been ALOT more successful than it was. I got plenty of great games for the system (My TG16 is missing the back cover. Anyone know where I can buy it? So my TG16 is complete?), and the TurboExpress would be a great item to have.

candycab
You may try looking here

http://www.retro-...

or maybe these guys [ they usually stock the express ]

http://www.tzd.com/

Grin
Edited by candycab on 19. October 2007 00:13
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

John Crawley
candycab wrote:
You may try looking here

http://www.retro-...

or maybe these guys [ they usually stock the express ]

http://www.tzd.com/

Grin

Where on those sites are they? I can't find them.

candycab
The first Im not sure about, but Ive been told alot of hardware changes hands there so it maybe worth looking for loose parts etc.

As for TZD they usually have a pick of the Express on the lst when they are in stock.

I think this may be youe best bet though

http://www.pcengi...4fca6c9d0&
Edited by candycab on 20. October 2007 12:02
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

boogiecat
I there are lots of those being sold online..

tomoprime
you can get the tuboexpress for around $70 or less on ebay. Beware though whereever you get one. The screens will not be as top notch as one would expect. If used ensure the user didn't use nicad batteries.

Nadanova
I've never used any of the NEC PC-Engine consoles or bothered looking into the games, perhaps I should.
Don't mention the war! - Basil Fawlty

Neo Beast
Nadanova wrote:
I've never used any of the NEC PC-Engine consoles or bothered looking into the games, perhaps I should.

You won't regard it . The Pce Engine is a awesome retro console. I got a few games and i haven't regretted getting one, I play it abit more then the nintendo wii VC consoles games. I highly recommend you get one Headbang

DarakuTenshi
Yup one of my favorite systems of all time. My favorite systems are Neo-Geo, TurboGrafx16, Dreamcast (no particular order).

Don't get me wrong because I love NES, SNES, Gen and well... just about all of them. But I think those systems really stick out the most for me.

I've got a TurboExpress and AC adapter. It's too bad the screens on those things are so horrid. I wonder if anyone has come up with a hack for it like the hacks on the Sega Nomad to replace the screen with a much higher quality one.

Chiba3010
Last year after much watching and waiting I was lucky enough to score a boxed, basically brand-new PC-EngineGT (only powered up once prior to sale just to make sure it was in working order). Went with the Japanese version of the handheld since all my NEC titles are as well- I play them on the SuperGrafx Wink

It's a bulky but impressive portable that munches through batteries like they're potato chips. An AC adapter is a must and although the NEC originals can be even harder to find than the handheld itself, there are some decent third-party adapters that much easier to find and usually in stock on eBay.

The screen's downgraded resolution affects the visuals of some games more so than others but not enough to cripple the enjoyment of any I've played thus far. Hey, if I can clearly see enemy gunfire in Soldier Blade that's good enough for me! Thumbs Up The LED display bright, crisp and certainly looked amazing for it's day. Still, I imagine playing text-heavy games on the thing could be a bit of a bitch since letters seem to suffer the most from resolution compression...

Best of luck in your search- eBay is such a crap shoot in terms of component performance and relative mileage when it comes to the Express/GT units on offer. Even more so for a portable notorious for it's short-lived audio output. Eventually a well-cared for, rarely used unit will turn up for auction (the "display-piece" oriented collector is often the safest bet) and your patience will be rewarded. Grin

Jump to Forum: