Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: John Crawley
Thread ID: 547
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2726 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The GamesPower 50!
John Crawley
Ever since earlier in the year when I saw the great Dr. Ashens review it:

http://www.youtub...eMx3hpSsFY

I've been curious about one, because alot of the games on it look fun.
Edited by candycab on 19. October 2007 00:19

Shiny
Let me get this out of the way... That guy is NOT funny and no matter how much he loves the sound of his own voice and thinks he's a witty fellow he just isn't. At all. Which makes him a prick in my book. I wouldn't trust him to review a fork.

John, don't waste your money, I've seen a few of these kind of things about, they all contain nothing but shit remakes of other games and the "consoles" themselves are always piss poor. You could buy a Gameboy Color for less than a fiver nowadays, maybe even an Advance. A Game Gear, A Lynx, Hell buy one of those handheld Famicom things.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

cthulhu
Shiny wrote:
Let me get this out of the way... That guy is NOT funny and no matter how much he loves the sound of his own voice and thinks he's a witty fellow he just isn't. At all. Which makes him a prick in my book. I wouldn't trust him to review a fork.

John, don't waste your money, I've seen a few of these kind of things about, they all contain nothing but shit remakes of other games and the "consoles" themselves are always piss poor. You could buy a Gameboy Color for less than a fiver nowadays, maybe even an Advance. A Game Gear, A Lynx, Hell buy one of those handheld Famicom things.

My god...this guy really tries to be funny and witty, but he fails miserably. That "console" is probably as good as one of those tv plugin joysticks with arcade games you can find in toy stores everywhere...they're fun for a very (very) short while and break down very fast...in conclusion, don't spend your money on this crap and buy something decent.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

boogiepop
Thumbs UpYeah, you should totally go for it dude! Thumbs Up
Not! Seriously, don't throw good money away.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

John Crawley
If you say so. Still those games do look interesting (well the ones I saw anyway)

Midian
I think that if you think the games are nice, why not get it? I mean, I don't think it's that expensive, and if you can play some simple games to pass some time, why not? It'll probably have Tetris too so.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

John Crawley
Midian wrote:
I think that if you think the games are nice, why not get it? I mean, I don't think it's that expensive, and if you can play some simple games to pass some time, why not? It'll probably have Tetris too so.

Yeah, plus Ashens only showed 5 of the 50 games on it, and I'm curious about some of the others. I wonder what "Bean's Adventure" is like......

Powerwave
those tv plug in things are always rip offs

DestronPrime
If it's cheap, why not? I mean Mr. Crawley here can play it with his friends, and have a good time about it. I think it'd be a good way to have a luagh.

Kurisu
Buy it by all means if it is cheap, but please be aware of the following;

- Reliability can be poor. My "version" kept freezing.
- The limited cables mean that picture quality is also poor, but the worst thing is:

they often don't have the number of games quoted. You may find that games 1-25 are real games but they only have a few levels, not the complete game. The remaining levels will be found in games 26-50 under a different name. For example Game 1 may be Pac-Man, and Game 26 may be something like Maze Gobbler!

Hope this helps!
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

Jump to Forum: