Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: jsianes
Thread ID: 5348
Thread Info
There are 3 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 719 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Neo Geo CD issue
jsianes
Hi!

I recently bought a Neo Geo CD and using an improper AC adapter here in Ireland to convert 240V into 100V I messed up the console. The red light doesn't come up. No video or audio output. Having zero experience troubleshooting, what do you suggest me to check? Any fuse that could die during the process inside the original Neo Geo adapter or the console?

Thinking that probably I burned my original Neo Geo CD AC adapter using the improper step down converter, I´m trying to follow the suggestions from another Neo Geo forum. I just ordered from Ebay an 12V+5V AC Adapter Hard Disk Power Supply to use as replacement with my Neo Geo CD. Do you recommend me to follow this approach?

Any suggestion will be more than welcome to solve the current issue with the original AC adapter/Neo Geo CD or use the replacement adapter suggested in the forum post in the link above.

Waiting your feedback!
Edited by jsianes on 09. March 2017 14:08

shion
Based on the discussion in the link below, an extra 20 volts doesn't seem to affect the NGCD (the examples being Japanese NGCDs (which require 100V) being powered with 120V adaptors in America).
http://www.neo-ge...-please!-)

How much voltage was applied to the console, and for how long? It's possible to fry something due to way higher than necessary voltage. But if the voltage was just a little higher than the requirement (say a little higher than 120V), it would be unusual for something like that to happen after powering up just once. If that is the case the situation could be due to age or misuse by the previous owner.
Edited by shion on 06. March 2017 06:26

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
jsianes
The proposal solution using an external hard-drive replacement AC adapter as described in the next external forum post works great. The workaround is quite cheap. It only cost me $4 and it works perfectly. If you're interested about how to replace original NGCD AC adapter, please review next link where I described how I followed the procedure including further links and details.

PS: Previous link will automatically translate from Spanish to English a recent post I created to cover this topic in another Spaniard forum. If you have any doubt about how to proceed, don´t hesitate to get in touch directly with me on this forum post. Happy to help anyone having similar issues.
Edited by jsianes on 09. March 2017 14:11

Jump to Forum: