Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Supergrafx
Thread ID: 5334
Thread Info
There are 43 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6023 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Rise and fall of a video game business in the 90's
Supergrafx
As it's been a very long time since i posted anything here i thought i would start again with this trip down memory lane. Back in the early to mid 90's i was a half partner in a quite successful video game business. This is my story, some names may have been changed to protect the guilty.(WARNING wall of text following)

Part 1

Late 80's and i am the proud owner of both a NES and SMS along with just about every game available on both systems. The addiction had started. Soon after the Mega Drive was released in Japan, my parents took the entire family to Hong Kong for a holiday and upon finding a store that had the Mega Drive on display, i was blown away by the sheer power of the machine compared to the NES and SMS. Needless to say i bought one immediately as well as a PC Engine plus quite a few games for both systems. Getting into conversation with the store owner he told me that he sold consoles and games at wholesale prices to several people in the UK that were then on selling to the public and that perhaps i should look at starting a similar business in Australia. The seed was planted, i had a video game habit to support and this seemed like a good way to feed it without impacting on the family finances.

Back in Australia i invited heaps of video game people over to my place and showed off my newly purchased Mega Drive. Same as me they were blown away by the machine and everyone wanted one. Within a few days i had orders and deposits for 30 consoles and a shitload of games. I was in business, bringing in consoles and games every week from Hong Kong. Profits from the business pretty much went on games for myself.

With the impending release of the pal Mega Drive i knew that business was going to take a big hit and i was soon down to bringing in games only for a few established customers. It was actually a bit of a relief as i had been holding down a full time job as well as running the import business which was quite time consuming in itself. I quite enjoyed the break from the game business as it enabled me to spend more time with the family and i played quite a few games that i hadn't had the time to play.

It wasn't long before rumors and hype surrounding the new Nintendo console (Super Famicom) began making the rounds among the video game people as well as the game mags at the time and i pre ordered one with all the release games from my man in Hong Kong. It arrived to a packed audience at my house and jaws just dropped when we fired it up and started playing Final Fight. Just as the Mega Drive had wowed everyone earlier, the Super Famicom had done it more so and i had orders and deposits for 150 consoles by the end of the week. Business was again booming and it quickly became apparent that it would again be a struggle to run the business as wellas hold down a full time job. Fortunately i had 16 weeks of paid holidays up my sleeve as well as 12 weeks of long service leave which i took to focus solely on the video game business.

I was then approached by the head man from a chain of video stores in my city to advise and set up all 15 of the groups stores with video games as he realized the potential of renting out games and consoles but knew very little about them. It was while i was doing this work that i met my future business partner Dave. Dave was running a very successful game swap business and same as me was finding it hard to run the business and hold down a full time job. We got together the next weekend over a few beers and some video games then the following Monday we registered the business called Game Lords(corny name i know but this was the early 90's).Later we would become known as the 2 Dave's.

The SNES was then released in the US and we were fortunate enough to find a good supplier of both consoles and games who we would later visit and attend a CES as his guests. Despite having some issues with getting the US SNES power supply changed from the american 110 volt to the aussie 240 volt we sold hundreds of consoles and even more games.

Finally it was announced that the SNES was going to be released in Europe and Australia and we decided to get accounts with both Nintendo and Sega as we thought the importing of US SNES games following the pal release of the console wouldn't be profitable. This would change later with the introduction of universal adapters that would allow you to play import games on any console. Even having accounts with Nintendo and Sega, unless you were selling large volumes of consoles and games there wasn't a great deal of profit for us. On the eve of the SNES's pal release we had a conversation with one of our import customers who happened to work at a department store called Kmart(they had about 8 stores around the city) and he told us that the release of the SNES would actually be on the day that Kmart had it's once a month 25% off day. He went on to add that as a Kmart employee he could get a further 25% off anything he purchased that day from any store. This brought the price of the console down to less than half the wholesale cost.

We struck a deal with our Kmart employee friend and with the use of his employee ID card cleaned out every Kmart store in the city of SNES consoles and a shitload of games. End of the day we managed to get our greedy little mitts on 90 consoles and 500 plus games all at less than half the wholesale price. Brilliant. The unexpected bonus was the fact that the first release SNES consoles came with two controllers and were the one everyone wanted. We then advertised the consoles and games at $10 below the lowest retail price you could buy them from anywhere, by the end of that weekend we had only 6 games left on the shelf.

News got even better for us with the release of adapters that would allow you to play US or Japan games on pal consoles. With Nintendo's slow release of games for pal machines this gave us usually a 3 to 4 month window to sell before a pal version was put on the market. All of a sudden the import market was booming for us again and we took full advantage of it.

Then came the game everyone wanted, Street Fighter 2. Again Nintendo gave us a 2 to 3 month window between the Japanese and US releases to the pal release and we sold over 5000 US copies during this time. People from all over Australia and New Zealand were buying from us. As not all pal games that were released in Europe were getting released in Australia another potential market door opened for us. We found a very good supplier in the UK and started doing business with them. Having an account with Nintendo gave us access to titles and release dates for all games to be put on the market here. With the impending pal release of SF2 i noticed that our UK supplier would actually have the game in stock some two and a half weeks before it was released in Australia. We ordered some 4000 pal copies from the UK which was quite a gamble as release dates here changed all the time.

The games from the UK arrived and Nintendo here hadn't brought their release date forward so all was good. We advertised the game and were selling it out of my house which wasn't such a great idea as people were turning up at 6am to buy it despite the advertisement stating not to come before 8am. We had a line of people going from my front door all the way down the street. As most of the people waiting in line were teenage boys one of my neighbors thought i was running an illegal brothel and called the cops. They came and we had a laugh about it, then they left. By noon we had sold every copy including the one i had put aside for myself.

Soon we got the news that Nintendo was planning to introduce the SNES here with SF 2 as the pack in game. In what can only be described as an amazing stroke of luck the release date for the SF 2 SNES was again on Kmart's monthly 25% off day. Time to make another deal with our Kmart employee friend Iva Bigun (not his real name). Things had changed a bit since the last time we did this scam, Kmart employees now had their picture on their ID card to stop the cards being used by anyone. This meant that Iva had to take a roster day off from work and go with us to each of the Kmart stores. Everything went well and we soon had a van almost full with consoles. At the very last store we were spotted by the manager humping two trolley loads of consoles through the checkout, he made it his business to question why we wanted so many game consoles to which i replied that we were video game hoarders that had just had a big win on the horses, so we decided to line the walls of our gaming room with SNES consoles. He didn't believe me and continued to ask questions but as the sale had gone through there was nothing he could do, the consoles were ours.

This incident i believe led to changes in regards to Kmart and the 25% off day, lots of things were excluded from the future 25% off days and Kmart staff could no longer get another 25% off on these days. In the end we managed to get 138 consoles that we then on sold for a tidy profit.

Coming soon, part 2 of this story, "Nintendo gets nasty, Sony drops the ball and the beginning of the end for the 2 Dave's".

godzilla43
Great and interesting post. I recently watch from youtube Dion Dakis Neo Geo interview he kinda started the same way. It is funny to think how buying some games can lead up to having big business. Maybe it is possible today also but maybe not with videogames. You just have to be in right place in right time.

Supergrafx
godzilla43 wrote:

Great and interesting post. I recently watch from youtube Dion Dakis Neo Geo interview he kinda started the same way. It is funny to think how buying some games can lead up to having big business. Maybe it is possible today also but maybe not with videogames. You just have to be in right place in right time.

Thanks, i'm glad you have found it interesting.Mai

green beret
I find your story interesting too. Please bring on part 2

Henke
Interesting story! Looking forward to part 2!

merlin
Interesting read. Never knew you were involved in selling games on that scale Supergrafx. 9000 copes of SFII!!! Very surprising that Kmart allowed so many SNES consoles to be sold at a 50% discount! I'm also looking forward to part 2 of this tale.

Supergrafx
merlin wrote:

Interesting read. Never knew you were involved in selling games on that scale Supergrafx. 9000 copes of SFII!!! Very surprising that Kmart allowed so many SNES consoles to be sold at a 50% discount! I'm also looking forward to part 2 of this tale.

It surprised us also merlin as they were already losing money on every console with just the 25% off let alone 50%. As you can imagine the 25% off day was pretty chaotic with the stores packed with customers and the checkout girls under siege. We were somewhat careful not to draw attention to ourselves by doing several runs and choosing a different checkout each time. In our favor also was the fact that before the SNES was released, Kmart were not the place you went to for games and consoles as their range was pretty average. After the second time we scammed them, Kmart made changes excluding electronics and other select items from the 25% discount day. They also limited customers on how many of any particular item they could purchase.

As for Street Fighter 2, it was just a phenomenon the likes of which has never been repeated in video game history. Almost overnight it gave Nintendo 90% of the video game console market. After the hammering that Nintendo had taken from Sega when they released the Mega Drive/Genesis it was the counter punch that Sega would never recover from with SF 2 being exclusive to the SNES.

As with anything merlin, the more you buy of an item the greater the discounts. Buying the US version of SF 2 in the large amounts that we did gave us a distinct advantage over the competition we had at the time. The price we got the game for allowed us to sell it with an adapter for $20 less than our competitors who were selling just the game and we were still making a healthy profit. Their customers had to fork out another $35 for an adapter. Game Over.

I will post part 2 soon which highlights Nintendo's attempts to shut us down and the release of the Sony PlayStation.

merlin
Sounds like the 'scam' was well planned SGFX.

Yes I can remember just how huge the SNES release of SFII was. Import copies sold for a high price in the UK before the PAL version came out.

Sensi
Thank you for your time and effort Supergrafx, please continue.

Could you give us in the future maybe more insight about the profits regarding hardware (accessoires, consoles) and games? Not only the common games, but also the special ones (like the expensive SNES games with the FX chip)?
s7.postimg.org/sk9u8o4y3/KOF_new.jpg

Supergrafx
Sensi wrote:

Thank you for your time and effort Supergrafx, please continue.

Could you give us in the future maybe more insight about the profits regarding hardware (accessoires, consoles) and games? Not only the common games, but also the special ones (like the expensive SNES games with the FX chip)?

No problem Sensi, apart from the times we scammed Kmart on pal consoles we usually only made $20 to $30 profit on import consoles. Reason being that once someone had bought a console from you they would return to buy games which we made a better profit on(anywhere from $40 to $60 a game depending on the title and what sort of volume discounts we could get).The only accessories we used to sell were adapters to play import games and as the people were buying one to play games they purchased from us we sold them at cost.

Sensi
Okay, sounds reasonable. So the purchase price of a game wasn't very high for you, if you made such profits. Or could you sell them for very high prices these days?

But what about the SNES FX chip games, like Doom, Star Wing and Stunt Racer FX? Converted into Euros, the would cost about € 115 / $ 128 right now.
Did you sell these ones too and made more profit?

Supergrafx
Sensi wrote:

Okay, sounds reasonable. So the purchase price of a game wasn't very high for you, if you made such profits. Or could you sell them for very high prices these days?

But what about the SNES FX chip games, like Doom, Star Wing and Stunt Racer FX? Converted into Euros, the would cost about € 115 / $ 128 right now.
Did you sell these ones too and made more profit?

From memory Sensi, we sold about 1000 copies of Star Fox (Star Wing) and the wholesale prices were $85 a copy for 250 copies, $80 a copy for 500 copies and $70 a copy if you purchased 1000 copies. You could buy the game from us for $110 or $130 with an adapter. Stunt Race FX wasn't as popular and we ended up with around 50 copies that we couldn't sell straight away. Doom was released simultaneously worldwide so it wasn't worth it to us to import it in any great number.

RiKo
I missed this thread.Damm wish I could have done that! Good on you Supergrafx for having the smarts to start a business making money out of it. when I got my import SNES (Super Famicom) I paid £75 for Street Fighter 2 (At least it ran at full speed compared to the UK version) and £50 for Mario Kart. Just from word of mouth, we used to have people round the house every weekend (sometimes just random people - friends of friends) playing on it - people who didn't even play games up to that point. Even my mum played Mario Kart.

You reminded me though - those days were insane - you'd wait for up to a year for Nintendo or Sega to release their console in your country. Then it would be sh*t - it would run something like 15% slower with a letterboxed display. Good times Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Supergrafx
RiKo wrote:

I missed this thread.Damm wish I could have done that! Good on you Supergrafx for having the smarts to start a business making money out of it. when I got my import SNES (Super Famicom) I paid £75 for Street Fighter 2 (At least it ran at full speed compared to the UK version) and £50 for Mario Kart. Just from word of mouth, we used to have people round the house every weekend (sometimes just random people - friends of friends) playing on it - people who didn't even play games up to that point. Even my mum played Mario Kart.

You reminded me though - those days were insane - you'd wait for up to a year for Nintendo or Sega to release their console in your country. Then it would be sh*t - it would run something like 15% slower with a letterboxed display. Good times Smile

You're absolutely right Riko they were the good old days of video games. You could pick up any of the UK game magazines of the time and they had heaps of advertisements in them for game importers. Lots of people were making heaps of money selling import games.
Both Nintendo and Sega could have nullified the import market by releasing games simultaneously world wide but for some strange reason they didn't.

Funny that you mention your mum playing Mario Kart as one morning i went to my partner's house and both his mum and grandma were going head to head on Mario Kart. Love them or hate them, Nintendo have always made fun games. I find myself getting lots more enjoyment from Wii U games than anything on PS4 and Xbox one.

Sensi
Thanks for the great read guys.

One question for the US gamers; could you also (in the 90's) rent NES/SNES games at your local video store? Here in The Netherlands/Europe, a friend of mine had a NES and SNES, and every week he rented a new game for about $5.
The coolest thing was, they also had US import games like Final Fight, Super Double Dragon, Top Gear 3000, which you could play with a converter (included with the rent). Offcourse renting a import game was a little bit more expensive, like $1.
For the converter to work, you also needed a PAL game inserted (always Super Mario World, provided with the starter pack of the console). As a kid, it was very special to play a game from such far away Smile

Supergrafx
Sensi wrote:

Thanks for the great read guys.

One question for the US gamers; could you also (in the 90's) rent NES/SNES games at your local video store? Here in The Netherlands/Europe, a friend of mine had a NES and SNES, and every week he rented a new game for about $5.
The coolest thing was, they also had US import games like Final Fight, Super Double Dragon, Top Gear 3000, which you could play with a converter (included with the rent). Offcourse renting a import game was a little bit more expensive, like $1.
For the converter to work, you also needed a PAL game inserted (always Super Mario World, provided with the starter pack of the console). As a kid, it was very special to play a game from such far away Smile

Yes Sensi, same as Europe you could rent games at your local video store. We did supply some stores with import games and adapters but when Nintendo started looking to prosecute importers we stopped it.

There was a thing called a "Magicom" that you could buy from Hong Kong, it would plug into the top of the SNES (or Mega Drive) then would copy any game you put in the console onto floppy disc. These were a much sought after item as you could just rent games and make a copy.

Supergrafx
As promised here is part 2 in the rise and fall of a video game business in the 90's

WARNING !!!! wall of text following.

I neglected to mention in part 1 that we imported 1000 copies of the Japanese version of Street Fighter 2. It was at this time that we discovered we had some competition in the import business. There was a weekly trading post type newspaper that we were advertising in and i noticed an advert from a guy who was calling himself "Game Dude" taking pre-orders for the Jap version of SF 2 that was about 2 weeks away from release. He was advertising the game at $5 less than our price which piqued my interest and we immediately put a new advertisement in with ours now $5 a copy less than his price. He then called me and suggested we meet and discuss a business strategy in regards to SF 2 instead of getting into a pricing war. We agreed and a meeting was arranged.

A fixed price was set and we would both sell the game at $140 a copy. He then told us that he had pre-ordered 500 copies of the game but could only get a hold of 350 adapters and did we know where he could get some more as his supplier wouldn't have more stock until a few weeks after the game was released. I had anticipated that there may be a shortage of adapters and took the liberty of ordering, then purchasing 1500 as soon as they were on the market. As we had ourselves more than covered in regards to adapters i said i would sell him his needed 150 at cost. He was grateful and we were all looking forward to making a good profit on the game.

About 4 days before the game was due to arrive i started getting calls from kids asking if they could cancel their order and get the deposit back as they could get the game $10 cheaper from Game Dude. We were pissed and after getting confirmation that the info was true then dropped our price to $10 under his new price. This went on until the game was down to $100 a copy and that's where it stayed. We sold all our copies and i got told that he moved all of his. I guess the saying that stupid people can always be relied upon to do stupid things can be applied to Game Dude. From that day forward he would be known to us as "butt plug" and we would have run ins with him again in the future.

Up until this point we had been selling out of our houses which was becoming a bit of a problem with people coming and going all the time. The game swap side of the business was constant and we decided to rent some shop space and move our operations there. We were using our accounts with Nintendo and Sega to supply quite a few video stores with games/ consoles and kept the import side of things under the table. In Australia at the time there were laws in place relating to whats known as parallel importing which meant that if someone had the licence to sell something here and you then imported and sold the same thing they could take legal action against you which could result in a rather large fine. We were aware of these laws hence the reason to keep the import side of the business quiet.

What we would do is buy 50 copies of a particular game from Nintendo Australia then import another 400 copies of the same pal game from the UK. Even after freight costs were taken into account we could still make $40 profit on each pal import copy of the game as opposed to $10 profit per game on the ones we got from Nintendo here. Nintendo had been active in pursuing anyone that was importing Japan or US copies of games they were releasing here and shutting them down but they never suspected that actual pal copies were being imported as they looked exactly the same as the Australian ones. We were also able to import any games that Nintendo Australia weren't going to release here without fear of prosecution for parallel importing. We made a killing on pal copies of Top Gear 2, Mystical Ninja and Pocky and Rocky that were never released here.

Business was also good when the mighty Neo Geo AES was released in the US and Japan. Alongside the Sega Saturn it remains my favorite console to this day. Given the price of both the console and games it was one for the hard core gamers only but we knew plenty of them. Having the machine on display in the shop also got many gamers interested in buying one. We also put packages of 5 consoles and 10 games each in a select four video libraries on a profit share basis, so at the end of every month whatever the consoles and games had brought in for rental fees was split 50/50 between us and the store owner.

Some months before the release of Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Nintendo were aware of the retail damage that game importers were doing to their regional markets. The problem was much larger in the UK than here but they were determined to either eliminate the import market or make it more difficult for the importers to prosper. They came up with some new kind of region lock out coding that prevented US and Japanese games being played using the adapters that were currently on the market. This was a big problem for us and we were looking at cancelling our pre-order for 2500 copies of SF 2 Turbo. The first game to have the new region coding in it was a Disney Goofy game that we got a copy of and sure enough it didn't work in the current adapters. All you got was a message from Nintendo saying the game was for use in USA region only. F*ck.

We were on the verge of cancelling our pre-orders for SF 2 Turbo and some other games when i called my man in Hong Kong to see if he knew of any way around the new region coding. He informed me that they had already broken the code and that new adapters would soon be available. Good news but not ideal as customers would have to fork out for yet another adapter. We called all the people that had placed a pre-order for SF 2 Turbo and informed them of the adapter issue but they all still wanted the game which was good. We reviewed our SF 2 Turbo order and decided we would bring in just more than enough to cover pre-orders from customers.

End of the day we cut the SF 2 Turbo order down to 1800 copies with 200 of the pre-orders going to customers that had import US consoles and didn't need an adapter. Now we would need 1600 of the new adapters to go with the games we had coming. Another call was made to my man in Hong Kong and new adapters were ordered. Unfortunately he could only supply us with 1400 adapters which left us 200 short and new stock of adapters would be at least a month or two away. SF 2 Turbo US version was due out in just over a week. We now had to go through our list of pre-order customers and find 200 that were going to miss out on the game. This was not a good situation to be in.

I called my man in Hong Kong to see if there was some way to get another 200 adapters even if we had to pay a much higher price. As soon as you say the magic words "i'll pay a higher price" things that were out of stock can amazingly be found, he got us another 200 adapters at 4 times the original price. The crisis was averted and no one would miss out on getting their game.

About a week before the SF 2 Turbo was being released in the US we received a letter from Nintendo stating that anybody caught bringing import copies of any Nintendo game into Australia would be prosecuted and sued by Nintendo. While it didn't accuse us of being one of their targeted importers, we could read between the lines. The decision we made some months back to take the import business underground had been a good one. We had stopped advertising import games and apart from some second hand stock on our shelves there was nothing to link us to any importing whatsoever. We weren't breaking any laws by selling second hand import games as we had no idea where they had come from when people traded them in.

A few days before our games were due to arrive from the US we received a visit from three Nintendo employees at our shop location. The main guy said that he had received some good information from someone stating that we were the import video game kings in the city and he was following up on it. Some of the information he had could only have come from one of our competitors and as Nintendo had managed to eliminate all the smaller import guys with their prosecution threats it left only our arch nemesis Game Dude aka Butt Plug as the source of their information. Time to throw this asshole under the bus. We denied all the accusations,then i pulled out an old copy of the local trading post from about a month before and showed them the advertisement from Game Dude accepting pre-orders for SF 2 Turbo. This guy is the import king you are looking for i said not us, we are a legitimate business and have accounts with both Nintendo and Sega. I added that the only consoles and games we were importing were the Neo Geo which were on display and were perfectly legal to import. They seemed satisfied with our answers and left the shop armed with the paper containing the advertisement from Game Dude that i had shown them.

Our copies of SF 2 Turbo arrived as did our adapters, then under what can only be described as cloak and dagger secrecy we sold them all on bar about 10 copies. The whole episode with Nintendo had made us quite nervous and a bit paranoid. A few days later we were getting calls from some of Game Dude's customers telling us that he had gone out of business and did we have any stocks of SF 2 Turbo. The news we got was that Nintendo had set up some kind of sting operation in regards to Game Dude which included a raid on his residence by the Australian Federal Police. Several hundred US copies of SF 2 Turbo were seized during the raid and Nintendo started legal action against him. After a lengthy court battle, Nintendo won it's case against Game Dude and he was fined a whopping $50,000 for violating the parallel importing laws. He was also ordered to pay Nintendo's legal costs and an undisclosed amount of damages. Nintendo had effectively killed the import market in regards to it's games. The scary thing here is that it could have been us... we had dodged a very large bullet.

It became obvious even to a blind, deaf and dumb man that Nintendo weren't to be f*cked with and for the time being we erred on the side of caution and ceased importing any Nintendo games with the exception of the odd RPG game for some of our long time customers. The Panasonic 3DO and Atari Jaguar were about to be released so we had other avenues we could explore in regards to game sales.

With the Sega Saturn being released in Japan, we started bringing in limited amounts of consoles and games from Hong Kong. Sales were steady but as it was another fairly expensive console they weren't flying of the shelves. It looked like the good old days of making decent profits from import games were over. However, things would change with the arrival of the Sony PlayStation. After the PlayStation's very successful US launch, the pal version was released in Europe. For reasons unknown, Sony Australia didn't release it here for some 4 months after the European launch. We had gamers calling us night and day asking if we could get them one.

Speaking to our supplier in the UK, we could get a pretty good price if we purchased 100 consoles but if we bought 500 consoles the price was much better. Even after the freight costs and adding a power plug adapter we could make $100 clear profit per console, the only question was could we sell 500 consoles. We would also need a decent amount of games. After lots of debate we let it be decided on the toss of a coin as to whether we bought only 100 consoles or 500. It went the way of the 500 choice and we placed the order for 500 consoles and 2000 games of different titles. To say that we were nervous and worried would be an understatement as it was a huge amount of money we had outlaid on this order. The consoles would be sent from the UK in 4 lots of 125 with all the games coming with the first batch of consoles.

We decided to sell the PlayStation in a package deal that would give the buyer, the console and 3 games of their choice. It was a good move and with us making $40 profit on each game, the package deal netted us $220 profit on each unit. All we had to do now was hope we could sell all 500 consoles.

Coming soon, Part 3.
Edited by Supergrafx on 25. November 2016 19:10

Henke
Wow, amazing story!
And what a cliffhanger, will the coin flip decision be a success or the start of the fall?

hitorkori
Great read I bought my superfamicom off Chinese guy out of the boot of a crx with super Mario world & act raiser some 8 months before pal realeaseSmile
Edited by hitorkori on 11. November 2016 00:59

Supergrafx
hitorkori wrote:

Great read I bought my superfamicom off Chinese guy out of the boot of a crx with super Mario world & act raiser some 8 months before pal realeaseSmile

It's almost like both Nintendo and Sega didn't give a rats ass about the pal regions in regards to consoles and games. This attitude they both had towards the pal markets opened the door for game and console importers to flourish. Shrug People in the pal regions wanted to play games just like people in Japan and the US, but to have to wait ages after consoles were released elsewhere to finally get an official pal release was such a slap in the face to European and Australian gamers. Angry

Jump to Forum: