Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: RiKo
Thread ID: 5319
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1809 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What Are Your Most Treasured Gaming Possessions?
RiKo
What Are Your Most Treasured Gaming Possessions?

Can be anything related to gaming, so a game/console/controller/merchandise etc and can be for for any reason - because you enjoy this game/console the most, because it's rare/expensive or perhaps because a game meant something special to you growing up. Any reason you want.

I'm still thinking about mine Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
RiKo I'd say my most treasured gaming possessions are my Knights of the Round and The King of Dragons PCBs. My all time favourite arcade games.

cthulhu
When it comes to arcade PCBs I would have to say Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label and Dodonpach Saidaioujou because they're awesome games, very difficult to find and extremely expensive and Guwange because it's a piece of gaming art and my most favorite shmup of all times.
When it comes to home gaming, it would have to be Twinkle Star Sprites and Blazing Star for the AES because I would not be able to afford them anymore right now.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

shion
one custom arcade panel — my dream parts and layout
one mas arcade panel — li2d got me interested in this
two racing wheels — no better way to play racing games
two neo-geo stick 2 controllers — hands down, the best mini arcade controllers imo
two xbox 360 pads — imo the best way to control analog games
apple bt mouse and keyboard — 1337 Smile
Edited by shion on 07. August 2016 19:11

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
Murikov
Definitely my Windjammers AES cartridge - I just love that game.

But I still keep the jewel cases of certain PC games in high regards, like Earthworm Jim 2, The Journeyman Project: Turbo, Thief: The Dark Project, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, STALKER, Vietcong, and so on. These are games that shaped my childhood and definitely have a special place inside my gamer heart.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

green beret
I love all my games collection and mostly my arcade collection. Each game is special to me. I have sold all games I don't like and I have kept all games that make my life difficult when it comes which one to pick up and play. My best game of all time is Cadillacs & Dinosaurs.

RiKo
Some great posts and gaming items in this thread! Terry

Here's mine :

1 Mark Of The Wolves (AES), the first expensive (was very expensive to me at the time) Neo Geo game I could ever afford to get.
2. My Vectrex console - even people who don't play games will play on this!
3. My mint copy of Atlantis on the Intellivison. Not rare or expensive but a special game for me growing up, and beautifully packaged with proper illustrated instructions

I have no idea what the rarest or most expensive game I have - it's probably a Neo Geo one. I do have a mint original Jap Rendering Ranger I bought for £120. That seems to go for a lot now.

cthulhu wrote:
When it comes to home gaming, it would have to be Twinkle Star Sprites and Blazing Star for the AES because I would not be able to afford them anymore right now.

Do you feel you can play on your copy of Blazing Star now Cthulhu? I pride myself on playing all my AES games, but I think if I owned one worth that much, I'd be thinking twice myself...

Murikov wrote:- Definitely my Windjammers AES cartridge - I just love that game.

I'm very jealous!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
cthulhu
RiKo wrote:
Do you feel you can play on your copy of Blazing Star now Cthulhu? I pride myself on playing all my AES games, but I think if I owned one worth that much, I'd be thinking twice myself...

I haven't been ablt to play any retro games lately because I'm in the proces of making a game room in the attic. When it's done I won't hesitate to play any game, no matter how expensive it would be, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play some arcade games as well and that would be a pity.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Sensi
Thanks guys for sharing all your items and reasons for your choices.
It's a interesting thread because you have to think about it thoroughly, looking back also.
Nice to see you guys are nostalgic and cherish your games which you grew up with.
Some things aren't for sale!

Nothing stands out really that much. I haven't got the consoles and games I grew up with (Atari 2600/NES/SNES), it's just these most fond memories remain.

Right now I'm very proud of all the collected consoles and games which I was planning to get and it alll worked out due hard work. Many (Neo Geo) games were bought a long time ago, and like Cthuluhu said, some aren't affordable anymore so I'm very glad I own them. But always; quality above anything else!

* Blazing Star, Mark of the Wolves, KOF series (AES) etc. but mostly the whole AES/MVS collection
* That smell of a wooden CMVS
* Special editions of JRPG (PS1/PS2) like Growlanser, Persona, Arc the Lad
* Saturn collection
* Hyper Soccer (NES) and the NES console has both a special possession in my mind. For both of them, offcourse the NES in the first place, I begged my parents so many times. During the weekends, It was a little step down when the NES was played at a friend's house and I had to go back to my Atari 2600 with Pac-Man and Space Invaders Wink
s7.postimg.org/sk9u8o4y3/KOF_new.jpg

STE C
I would have to say my boxed MVS copy of Shock Troopers as its one of my all time fave games.

Neo Geo cd version of Ninja Masters

And all the Metal Slugs 1-5 boxed MVS.

oh and Soldier Blade PCE is a great shooter as well.

green beret
I can't tell which games from my collection are the most treasured for me because I like and play or would like to play the 99% of my collection. If I had to choose the best of the best I would say my 76 arcade pcbs and among them maybe the Capcom games

Jump to Forum: