Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: SeanTheNeoGeoFan
Thread ID: 5266
Thread Info
There are 13 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1730 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
MASS EFFECT
SeanTheNeoGeoFan
I've been playing the MASS EFFECT series for some time now and I've decided to revisit the games in the original series. I really miss this game. Tough as nails, even on the Casual difficulty. Cool

Anyway has anyone else played the game or am I the only one.

green beret
I have finished the first chapter on PC because there are too many frame drops in the 360 version. Almost finished the second chapter when I lost my save on PC due a necessary unexpected disk format....:(
I have the 3rd on 360 but it is still sealed.

-SD-
So how much would I be missing if I were to jump in at part 3 on the Wii U? Is it enough of a self contained story that the game can stand alone, or do you really need to play the first two games to understand it?
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO‚ÄĘGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

green beret
-SD- wrote:

So how much would I be missing if I were to jump in at part 3 on the Wii U? Is it enough of a self contained story that the game can stand alone, or do you really need to play the first two games to understand it?

Noooooooooo! Don't do that!
Find the first chapters cheap and start from the first. Don't worry it doesn't feel dated. First chapter is epic. If you start from the first I am sure you will not skip the second chapter.
Don't spoil one of the best stories in the decade... In my opinion it is as epic as the story and the setting of STAR WARS IV, V, VI

SeanTheNeoGeoFan
green beret wrote:

-SD- wrote:

Noooooooooo! Don't do that!
Find the first chapters cheap and start from the first. Don't worry it doesn't feel dated. First chapter is epic. If you start from the first I am sure you will not skip the second chapter.
Don't spoil one of the best stories in the decade... In my opinion it is as epic as the story and the setting of STAR WARS IV, V, VI

Also check the online store. PS+ has Mass Effect 2 for free this month on the PS3. So I downloaded it in a hurry. lol

green beret
Well done! Good move!
Please do yourself a favour and find the first one before you move to the 2nd though...

RiKo
I actually thought about trying Mass Effect recently. I heard the 2nd one is the best? so I was thinking of just playing that. I literally never complete a modern game (I find them too long!) these days so I think if started on the first I wouldn't get to the second Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
RiKo wrote:

I actually thought about trying Mass Effect recently. I heard the 2nd one is the best? so I was thinking of just playing that. I literally never complete a modern game (I find them too long!) these days so I think if started on the first I wouldn't get to the second Smile

Hi Riko,
The best is the first. It has more RPGs element, great story and you feel like you must save the world and this must happen really fast. You will stick to that game until the end....
Its music is stunning!
If you take the first experience it's sure will go after the second.

SeanTheNeoGeoFan
green beret wrote:

RiKo wrote:

Hi Riko,
The best is the first. It has more RPGs element, great story and you feel like you must save the world and this must happen really fast. You will stick to that game until the end....
Its music is stunning!

Well, I thought the RPG element was a bit to much in the first one. All RPG, not enough action. Mass Effect 2 on the other hand is just right for me. A perfect mix of ACTION and RPG.

green beret
SeanTheNeoGeoFan wrote:

green beret wrote:

RiKo wrote:

Hi Riko,
Its music is stunning!

Well, I thought the RPG element was a bit to much in the first one. All RPG, not enough action. Mass Effect 2 on the other hand is just right for me. A perfect mix of ACTION and RPG.
If you play the first one the impression is different. You think the second is too much action.
Epic series. I have to replay the second some time!

vas
This is free atm with playstation plus. Haven't downloaded it but added to the library. May give it a go sometime

SeanTheNeoGeoFan
-SD- wrote:

You're going to miss quite a bit. I suggest you start playing from the first game and work your way to the last game. That way you won't miss a thing. Besides you can carry over your stats from one game to the next. Smile

RiKo
SeanTheNeoGeoFan wrote:

green beret wrote:

RiKo wrote:

Hi Riko,
Its music is stunning!

Thanks guys Thumbs Up but now I'm confused!!. I guess it comes down to what you prefer in the games. The great thing is you can get then all in The Mass Effect Trilogy. Maybe I should do that Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: