Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: -SD-
Thread ID: 5262
Thread Info
There are 6 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1701 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The Legend of Zelda
-SD-
I thought I'd create this thread so we can share our thoughts and memories regarding one of the most fantastic series of games ever created. I'd like to start though by exploring the mystery of the upcoming game we're waiting for.

After showing off an incredible looking demo for 'Zelda U' things went quiet, far too quiet. We don't even know the game's full title and after being continually promised a 2015 release, it's been delayed until next year. Which nicely matches up with the series' 30th anniversary and more suspiciously, the apparent release of the NX. Coupled with the recent discovery that Twilight Princess HD is coming to the Wii U, where does this leave the console's own Zelda game?

I have a feeling that it's going to be a dual release similar to what happened with the GC/Wii version of the original TP, or maybe just be released on the NX. After the incredible amount of work that's gone into the game it'd be stupid from a business stand point to limit it to a maximum of 11 million sales, and there's no way there'll be a 1:1 attach rate. There is a very good chance of hitting a 1:1 attach rate, or close to however, if it's a launch title for a new machine. Yes, Zelda can be a system seller, but not six months before your new console comes out, on hardware that no one seemingly cares about. Nintendo themselves have most likely realised that they'll see a better return on investment from a HD port than continuing to develop something from the ground up.

Considering how long these games take to develop if this new game doesn't come to the NX as a launch title, how long will it be until we see an actual 'Zelda NX'... 2019, maybe 2020? And if it is a dual release then the NX version will be limited and won't show off the full potential of the new hardware.

So taking all this into account I'm wondering if the Wii U will be the first Nintendo home console, VB aside, without its own native Zelda game... just a couple of GameCube HD remasters. And they want to make sure TP HD gets a physical release with a nice Limited Edition that includes another statue of something cool.

I'd be interested to hear what you think. Or just about the series in general. Do you prefer the 2D or 3D games, console or handheld, favourite item or boss. Whatever.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

vas
Personally, link to the past for me is the best of the zelda game.
Not sure what Nintendo going to do if I am honest, as it will most likely be another marmite console I only just started using my wii regularly been in a box since new only to come out for balance games , wii u skipped all together not sure if Nintendo will ever appeal to me again they peaked for me Christmas 1992

The eccentric cat
Loved Link to the Past back in the way, I really liked Twilight Princess, even though not many people liked it. I'm hoping to get Link Between Worlds in the near-distant future!
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

-SD-
There were quite a few Zelda related items covered in today's Nintendo Direct.

Most importantly I suppose is continued confirmation that 'Zelda U' will indeed be coming to the Wii U in 2016. And they've managed to get sodding amiibo support in there somehow.

Twilight Princess HD will be hitting the Wii U on March 4th. There's going to be a LE box including the Wolf Link/Midna amiibo. I think it'd be awesome if Link's Crossbow Training was included as a bonus.

Hyrule Warriors Legends for the 3DS will also be getting a LE that includes a replica of Linkle's pocket watch. Yes, amongst all the new characters is Linkle, the female Link, and she's wielding dual crossbows.

Tri Force Heroes is getting more levels in a free update and the DS games Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass are now on the eShop.

Not bad really.

-SD-
Well I called it: Zelda U is also coming to the NX. Although it was quite obvious what was happening, let's be honest.

It's also been sodding delayed to March 2017 to coincide with the NX launch.

I'm wondering what Nintendo are going to do with the U for the next 10 - 11 months. Other than Paper Mario there's currently no first party games coming. There is Tokyo Mirage #Fire Emblem thingy, along with the inevitable Skylanders and Disney Infinity updates, but what else? I reckon they'll announce more HD remasters like Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine or even Skyward Sword...

But yeah, the Wii U is going to be the first Nintendo console without its own Zelda game.

shion
Wow, and I thought waiting for Ocarina of Time was bad (that one delay stood out to me as a kid 'cause I was really looking forward to it). If I know Nintendo, that release time is only tentative (could take even longer if need be).

As far as the actual gameplay, can't make heads from tails of it. Horse riding, bow and arrow shooting, sword play, dungeons, seen all that before. Open world? Cool story, 2007 games say hi. Not on my 'to play' list right now.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
Jump to Forum: